• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone else see The Passion of Christ yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Saw it this afternoon. Very well done. Another 4 star movie for Gibson, the other one being Braveheart.

I recommend it whole heartedly.

Haven't seen it yet, can't wait.

A friends church has rented out a theater next Saturday and we are planning to see it then.

Saw the interview with Mel Gibson last Sunday, really good interview.

I have not seen it yet, and while I am not particularly religious (last time I was in a church, my parents dragged me there), I am definitely looking forward to seeing the movie.

I saw it tonight. I have never been to a movie where the people there were completely quiet. Could have heard a pin drop. I wonder what Oscar night next year will be like. It should be up for several awards.

I saw it yesterday. It was absolutely amazing. Very impressive and emotional.

I highly recommend.

I hope this doesn't turn in to a Religious discussion that needs to be banned. Whether you are believer or not, I hope we can agree that He was a historical figure that has had a lot of influence. On that alone I recommend the movie.

I saw it. I consider myself a Christian. I've not necessarily led my life to the best of my ability, but............

I left that theater a different person. IF one considers themselves a believer, this depiction of Christ's sacrafice really sends the message home!!

And if one only sees this movie as a movie, it ranks up there with Schindler's List, Braveheart, Saving Private Ryan, Roots, and others as EPIC.

M. Gipson :)

Took my girl-friend and 10 year-old son Friday night. Excellent film...most definitely puts a more "real" view of the sacrifices made on ALL our behalfs...Extremely well done and probably will not win many awards (made without major Studio's support), but definitely an epic movie!! :D :thumbs:

2 thumbs WAAAAAYYYY UUUUPPP!!!!!

We finally saw this last night, my wife and 3 children and myself.

We don't consider ourselves extremely religious.. that might not be the exact and proper term- but for lack of a longer explanation, lets just say we don't go to church every sunday like we should :lookup: We consider ourselves good catholic people

The movie is, well- outstanding. The story is all there, the stuff we all already knew... but to put on film and actually "see" the kind of sacrafice he made and the utter brutality of it all---the sheer pain.... while watching this movie- my wife, a grown woman, almost never stopped crying. I've watched some of the most gory films- and I found my self holding my mouth, shaking my head, moving around in my seat, and just so generally uncomfortable seeing the absolute "viciousness" (is that a word?) of it..... Without getting off topic of MOVIE and onto religion... Go see this movie, and I'd bet you walk out a different person than you walked in. BUT: I'll warn you now, it is hard to watch. :(

:thumbs: Toaster

Toaster said:

We don't consider ourselves extremely religious.. that might not be the exact and proper term- but for lack of a longer explanation, lets just say we don't go to church every sunday like we should :lookup: We consider ourselves good catholic people

The movie is, well- outstanding. The story is all there, the stuff we all already knew... but to put on film and actually "see" the kind of sacrafice he made and the utter brutality of it all---the sheer pain.... while watching this movie- my wife, a grown woman, almost never stopped crying. I've watched some of the most gory films- and I found my self holding my mouth, shaking my head, moving around in my seat, and just so generally uncomfortable seeing the absolute "viciousness" (is that a word?) of it..... Without getting off topic of MOVIE and onto religion... Go see this movie, and I'd bet you walk out a different person than you walked in. BUT: I'll warn you now, it is hard to watch. :(

Definitely not a popcorn movie. I felt kinda guilty taking a sip of pop as well through the movie as the movie makes you want to deprive yourself via suffering and that sip of soda made one fell kinda guilty at times.

I have talked to a lot of people who say they do not want to see it because of the violence. Ya kinda wonder if instead they really just do not want to be in a situation where they would feel guilty.

I still haven't managed to get around to it yet, but I already know how it ends. I read the book first, just like a lot of movies anymore. :)

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard it's absolutely hysterical! :p :p

Ok, maybe that was inappropriate :lookup:
Dave ;)

DaveWF said:

Dave ;)
Just a tad. :lookup:

And this is why we can't have religious discussions. ???

ricmac25 said:
DaveWF said:

Dave ;)

I had considered hosting a Christian Pass with maybe some interesting features but I fear that the "no Politics" rule would soon apply and shut the Pass down. ???

ricmac25 said:
DaveWF said:

Dave ;)

:lookup: :( :lookup:

.....yeah..........

Gunpowder said:
I had considered hosting a Christian Pass with maybe some interesting features but I fear that the "no Politics" rule would soon apply and shut the Pass down. ???
Ahh, but Church and State were separated many years ago ;)

Gunpowder said:
Toaster said:

We don't consider ourselves extremely religious.. that might not be the exact and proper term- but for lack of a longer explanation, lets just say we don't go to church every sunday like we should  :lookup: We consider ourselves good catholic people

The movie is, well- outstanding.  The story is all there, the stuff we all already knew... but to put on film and actually "see" the kind of sacrafice he made and the utter brutality of it all---the sheer pain.... while watching this movie- my wife, a grown woman, almost never stopped crying.  I've watched some of the most gory films- and I found my self holding my mouth, shaking my head, moving around in my seat, and just so generally uncomfortable seeing the absolute "viciousness" (is that a word?) of it.....  Without getting off topic of MOVIE and onto religion... Go see this movie, and I'd bet you walk out a different person than you walked in.  BUT: I'll warn you now, it is hard to watch. :(

Definitely not a popcorn movie. I felt kinda guilty taking a sip of pop as well through the movie as the movie makes you want to deprive yourself via suffering and that sip of soda made one fell kinda guilty at times.

I have talked to a lot of people who say they do not want to see it because of the violence. Ya kinda wonder if instead they really just do not want to be in a situation where they would feel guilty.
The beauty of it all, boys and girls, is that it is not about feeling guilty, just knowing that you can't pay for sin on your own. If you find yourself run over by guilt, read Romans 8:1. If this applies to you, then you have no need to feel a bunch of guilt. This is a love story!!! :D

Understanding the board protocal as I do, this will be my only real "religious" post on this, but if you really, anyone, want to talk more about it, PM me!

Horse said:
[
Ahh, but Church and State were separated many years ago ;)
Really, by who? I always hear that, but where is it written....specifically!

....Freedom OF religion.....NOT Freedom FROM religion...

just a thought..not a flame...really!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back