• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone else work remote or from home?

My work would not know if I was working from home or Reno. I am basically a VPN and a cell phone. I'm sure I could visit my sister in CO and not miss a beat.

I'm with you there. I actually went on a cruise about a year ago and nobody believed me. :laugh: Got ahead on some work in the airport and before leaving port and used the on ship wireless as needed to transfer large packages of data to work on. Other than my IM presence not being as persistent (24/7) as it normally is, I was still sending out emails and reports as usual.

I work from home when I need/want to and can work remotely, since we have tokens to get into the network. To my surprise, I get more done at home, even with the little ones running around.

No doubt about getting more work finished when home. I am sitting at home now working on all manner of things that the officer interruptions will not let me finish when I am there. I tend to work remotely quite a bit when court appearances are low (i.e., the holiday months). I have been known to electronically file documents from Florida on Christmas Day! :laugh:

My reply will add nothing to this conversation...

In a previous job, I worked from home for a couple of years. In my current position, I've been working remotely (from home) for the past few months.

As a test run, I hit the road yesterday on a road trip to see how it would work. I drove to Reno (6 hours)...I'm sitting in a Starbucks now -- still logged in and working away (okay, not right at this minute).

So let me get this right...you don't have to go to the office, you can work anywhere you want, so you leave Idaho (assuming your location is up to date) and go to Reno (I'm with you so far) and spend your hours at Starbucks? WTF? In RENO? Ain't whore houses and gambling legal up there? This is 2009, I'm sure those places must have WiFi as well. :laugh:

In a previous job, I worked from home for a couple of years. In my current position, I've been working remotely (from home) for the past few months.

As a test run, I hit the road yesterday on a road trip to see how it would work. I drove to Reno (6 hours)...I'm sitting in a Starbucks now -- still logged in and working away (okay, not right at this minute).

So let me get this right...you don't have to go to the office, you can work anywhere you want, so you leave Idaho (assuming your location is up to date) and go to Reno (I'm with you so far) and spend your hours at Starbucks? WTF? In RENO? Ain't whore houses and gambling legal up there? This is 2009, I'm sure those places must have WiFi as well. :laugh:

I don't think Steve can do 2 things at once, so it's better for him to concentrate on his work, LOL.

I don't think Steve can do 2 things at once, so it's better for him to concentrate on his work, LOL.

Hmmm... have to check those out I guess.

On a related note, I stopped by Fumare, Dion Giolito's B&M in Reno, yesterday. It has a nice lounge where I could work instead of Starbucks. Next time I can work and smoke an Illusione. Two things at once! :)

I work from home, but I don't get anything I want to get done done and I don't get paid overtime. :(

I've been working from home 2/3rds and traveling overseas 1/3 for the last three months. I get much more done on the road than at home. Theoretically, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to do everything by conference call, but I find I can't replace the ad hoc interaction for the work I do.

I work remote from home now and then, however have to show my face at the office and make sure folks are doing what they're supposed to. I agree with what many have said, get more work done at home than in the office.

I work at home now that I'm retired.

The plus, can go on the patio anytime and enjoy a good cigar.

The minus, the inspector general (wife) is good at finding honey-do's.

In the end, the tradeoff is well worth it :love: