• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone follow Formula 1?

Can't believe I've missed all these comments (just used to no action in this thread). Monaco FP3 going on now, and quali in three hours (1500 CET).
And you call yourself a fan of F1!!! @PaulTra will be ashamed!!
I’m awake it’s 4:30 am, my daughter woke me because she couldn’t find it on tv haha.

Quali on now. Hope Latifi got his car repaired in time and will make it out for Q1.

If you have F1TV, there are support races to watch, as well. The Porsche GT Cup had a fun start.

*EDIT* Sorry, forgot -- you bitches are still sleeping...

Last edited:
If you have F1TV, there are support races to watch, as well. The Porsche GT Cup had a fun start.

*EDIT* Sorry, forgot -- you bitches are still sleeping...
Not all of us lol

I don’t know why, but there’s just something I hate about Verstappen.

I don’t know why, but there’s just something I hate about Verstappen.

He kinda looks like a burn victim, thought I guess that's not really his own fault.

Steve, your daughter has to be happy with Sainz up on the podium today. This was definitely not a normal Monaco GP. I mean, it was processional and pit strategy/timing was paramount, but there were no safety cars or other incidents -- which is highly unusual.

Did you watch the Porsche Championship? Did you see that car freakin FLY!?!

He kinda looks like a burn victim, thought I guess that's not really his own fault.

Steve, your daughter has to be happy with Sainz up on the podium today. This was definitely not a normal Monaco GP. I mean, it was processional and pit strategy/timing was paramount, but there were no safety cars or other incidents -- which is highly unusual.

Did you watch the Porsche Championship? Did you see that car freakin FLY!?!
No!! I need to go watch the highlights of that!

Nice little points equalizer at the top, maybe not a triple digit difference at the end of the year for a change. Leclerc really shot himself in the foot with that crash. Max might be a douche, but at least it's not race after race of Mercedes/Hamilton disappearing off into the distance 2 laps in.

And everyone around here is happy, so that's an added bonus for me.

Nice little points equalizer at the top, maybe not a triple digit difference at the end of the year for a change. Leclerc really shot himself in the foot with that crash. Max might be a douche, but at least it's not race after race of Mercedes/Hamilton disappearing off into the distance 2 laps in.

I'm not a huge Max fan, but I am definitely rooting for him this season.

Azerbaijan GP this weekend. Another tight street course with very little runoff area (though, not as tight and twisty as Monaco). FP1 is on now, with FP2 later this afternoon.

*EDIT* Aaaaaaaand... Mazepin spins and boops the wall lightly. In his feeble defense, both Norris and Hamilton have at least partially turned it around today in FP1.

Last edited:
I just watched "Rush". The story about the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt. I remember watching them race but the movie brought out a lot of fascinating stuff.

Man, I would love to drive one of those cars just one time!

The Mid-Ohio race course is a 2.5 mile road course which winds through the gentle hills of central Ohio and is an incredible place to see a race. We used to camp for the weekend in the infield and get to see at least 4 different races. The F-1 cars were fascinating because there were rises and dips, turns which are banked the wrong way, and nice straightaways. It was mind boggling to see how those cars negotiated the course!

When I was a "little bit" younger, working as an engineer for GE, four of us took the company van and a tent to a weekend event and naturally we got a better view from the roof of the van. It's amazing how many girls you can get on the roof of a van. It was also amazing when the roof of the van collapsed.:oops:

1622808350539.png

Azerbaijan GP this weekend. Another tight street course with very little runoff area (though, not as tight and twisty as Monaco). FP1 is on now, with FP2 later this afternoon.

*EDIT* Aaaaaaaand... Mazepin spins and boops the wall lightly. In his feeble defense, both Norris and Hamilton have at least partially turned it around today in FP1.

I know Haas is strapped for cash and Mazepin brings some with him, and being a driver on the last place team isn't a great place to showcase rookie talent, but he's sure not done much to impress.

Edit: And Tsunoda, I thought that kid was really going to make a splash but he seems to be struggling to get on step.

I've got FP1 recorded, I like to get at least FP1 recorded (and of course qualifying and the race) to catch up on the scuttlebutt since the last race.

I know Haas is strapped for cash and Mazepin brings some with him, and being a driver on the last place team isn't a great place to showcase rookie talent, but he's sure not done much to impress.

Edit: And Tsunoda, I thought that kid was really going to make a splash but he seems to be struggling to get on step.

I've got FP1 recorded, I like to get at least FP1 recorded (and of course qualifying and the race) to catch up on the scuttlebutt since the last race.

Tsunoda will eventually get booted out of F1, and that point he will replace Sato in IndyCar.

Tsunoda will eventually get booted out of F1, and that point he will replace Sato in IndyCar.
Aye, I am disappointed in how Tsunoda has regressed from preseason testing, as well. I really thought he was going to make his name this season as a mid-field contender. It would be something to see Tsunoda and Sato as teammates in IndyCar! Being Japanese, and a two-time Indy winner, as well as an oval threat on any given (oval) weekend, I think he will have a seat somewhere in IndyCar until he retires.

Aye, I am disappointed in how Tsunoda has regressed from preseason testing, as well. I really thought he was going to make his name this season as a mid-field contender. It would be something to see Tsunoda and Sato as teammates in IndyCar! Being Japanese, and a two-time Indy winner, as well as an oval threat on any given (oval) weekend, I think he will have a seat somewhere in IndyCar until he retires.

That and Honda pays a good chunk of Sato's salary.