• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone follow Formula 1?

Well, quali today was interesting, to say the least... Hope all you new guys (and girl family members) were able to check it out!

I'm glad I tacked an hour onto the recoding time on the DVR.

Ok, you have to admit -- that was a damn good finish (and will play great on DTS next season). Now we know what races will look like if Merc wasn't involved: Red Bull would become the new Mercedes and everyone else would be playing catch up. At least after the Max crash, both he and Lewis left with nil points. I was really afraid that Lewis would pass Perez and end up winning. That said, I'm super-happy for Checo. That's weird, because up until a season or two ago, I couldn't stand the guy, and I had no valid reason why that was so. And, Seb back on the podium! Holy crap! I know it's one of those races where stars had to line up for it to happen, but he had some pace all weekend, and was where he needed to be when the opportunities presented themselves. Outstanding. Also stoked for Pierre Gasley. That dude is deserving of everything good that happens to him in F1. He can drive a race car, for sure. He's at his best at AlphaTauri. I hope returning to Red Bull is not an option for him.

Anyway, this was a great F1 race. Lots of passes, a few crashes and some late race drama. The F2 races were pretty good, as well!

I was kinda questioning the red flag, oh sure - it's for safety and all, but I figured they'd finish behind SC and nobody would have a blow out behind the SC. That sure threw a wrench in ol' Lewis' race and maintained parity with Max. Not that I'm rooting against Lewis or for Max, just something other than single team total domination.

Definitely a different race from Monaco.

Nice points shake up for guys not named Lewis or Max, too. The pack tightening up behind a metaphorical safety car.

I was kinda questioning the red flag, oh sure - it's for safety and all, but I figured they'd finish behind SC and nobody would have a blow out behind the SC. That sure threw a wrench in ol' Lewis' race and maintained parity with Max. Not that I'm rooting against Lewis or for Max, just something other than single team total domination.

Definitely a different race from Monaco.

Nice points shake up for guys not named Lewis or Max, too. The pack tightening up behind a metaphorical safety car.
Same / Same

Mid-Ohio might be a perfect place for a HERF weekend?

Just sayin

Worked 36 this weekend, came home Sunday night around 10 and immediately pulled up the British Grand Prix on dvr and enjoyed a beer! I thought it was a Great race.

It really was, even if Leclerc faded on the last few laps. Glad Max is ok, and this championship is really shaping up!

I have up following formula when our last son turned 1 48 years ago ( OH - wrong formula... sorry ).

So, for the 2022 car -- how about a mandatory 1 liter overflow-style fuel reservoir that is filled as the car is being fueled pre-race? The additional fuel weight will be the same for all cars on the grid, so there's nothing to argue about there; it could even be subtracted from the minimum car weight regulations. The reservoir would be untappable as a "reserve" tank during the race. It would simply be the tested fuel post-race. That's the simple "back of the napkin sketch" idea, that would obviously need developing.

Is that creating a solution in need of a problem, though? In all my years watching Formula 1, this is the first I can ever remember this situation happening. Look, I have ZERO problem saying that StrollF1 was more than likely skirting the blurry lines of legality with whatever they were doing, and it backfired on them. However, I also find it highly suspect that Seb gave two middle fingers (and two cool Converse shoes) to TPTB in Hungary... and just happened to be the first DQ I can recall under this regulation. He's not the first driver to ever run out of fuel on the cool down lap.

So, for the 2022 car -- how about a mandatory 1 liter overflow-style fuel reservoir that is filled as the car is being fueled pre-race? The additional fuel weight will be the same for all cars on the grid, so there's nothing to argue about there; it could even be subtracted from the minimum car weight regulations. The reservoir would be untappable as a "reserve" tank during the race. It would simply be the tested fuel post-race. That's the simple "back of the napkin sketch" idea, that would obviously need developing.

Is that creating a solution in need of a problem, though? In all my years watching Formula 1, this is the first I can ever remember this situation happening. Look, I have ZERO problem saying that StrollF1 was more than likely skirting the blurry lines of legality with whatever they were doing, and it backfired on them. However, I also find it highly suspect that Seb gave two middle fingers (and two cool Converse shoes) to TPTB in Hungary... and just happened to be the first DQ I can recall under this regulation. He's not the first driver to ever run out of fuel on the cool down lap.

Or the FIA could simply get a sample when the cars are being fueled. To me, checking the fuel after the race is just do this very thing. Create headlines when someone doesn't have enough fuel. Although, according to Aston Martin, the car has a liter of fuel in it. Just that the pump that backfeeds the fuel was malfunctioning. Either way, I don't think Aston Martin was trying to tamper with the fuel in any way. Seb drove that car hard to try and get closer to Ocon to pass and simply burned more fuel than the team predicted.

Or the FIA could simply get a sample when the cars are being fueled. To me, checking the fuel after the race is just do this very thing. Create headlines when someone doesn't have enough fuel. Although, according to Aston Martin, the car has a liter of fuel in it. Just that the pump that backfeeds the fuel was malfunctioning. Either way, I don't think Aston Martin was trying to tamper with the fuel in any way. Seb drove that car hard to try and get closer to Ocon to pass and simply burned more fuel than the team predicted.
I doubt they were tampering with the fuel, as well. Taking the fuel sample during initial fueling would make the most sense, one would think. The one liter rule is ridiculous -- drive that car until it's farting fumes on the front straight while taking the checkers.

Is there a translation tool anywhere for this?

Vettel wore his Gay Pride t shirt during the National Anthem, a big no-no. Speculation that TPTB are using the fuel issue as a punitive measure against him, unless AM can get another .7 litre of fuel out of the car.

Vettel wore his Gay Pride t shirt during the National Anthem, a big no-no. Speculation that TPTB are using the fuel issue as a punitive measure against him, unless AM can get another .7 litre of fuel out of the car.
Yup. I know that the fuel rules are hard and fast but, as said, he's not the first to ever run out of petrol on the cool down lap after the race. With his obvious protest, it's not a difficult stretch to come to the same conclusion. I'm a Vettel fan (and a Ferrari tifoso), so I was very happy for him. I hope that AM wins this appeal.