• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have aged DPG JJ Maddies?

sporkd2

CI had a deal on the Don Pepin Serie JJ Maduros in August of 08'. They were 10 packs for $30. This was right before I was shipped off to Iraq to play in the dessert so I bought 3 10-packs and put them away in the humidor. The other day I figured I would pull one out and see how almost 17 months of age did to them.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! As soon as the flame hit the stick it was like someone threw a spice bomb on the front of my tounge! By far the best cigar I have had (NC) since I've been back (Sep 09).

Just curious if anyone else had some of these with age on them and had a similiar experience? I'm almost scared to light up another one because they are so good now I'd like to see what another year does to them.

CI had a deal on the Don Pepin Serie JJ Maduros in August of 08'. They were 10 packs for $30. This was right before I was shipped off to Iraq to play in the dessert so I bought 3 10-packs and put them away in the humidor. The other day I figured I would pull one out and see how almost 17 months of age did to them.

All I can say is WOW!!!!! As soon as the flame hit the stick it was like someone threw a spice bomb on the front of my tounge! By far the best cigar I have had (NC) since I've been back (Sep 09).

Just curious if anyone else had some of these with age on them and had a similiar experience? I'm almost scared to light up another one because they are so good now I'd like to see what another year does to them.

Brickhouse turned me into a Pepin ho, have to say they sure get better with age. My oldest are only about three years old and are definately getting better tasting.
smile.gif

Brickhouse turned me into a Pepin ho, have to say they sure get better with age. My oldest are only about three years old and are definately getting better tasting.
smile.gif

I guess what really suprised me was that the spice didnt blend into the cigar with age which is what I expected. Instead the spice came way out and the rest of the cigar blended together to give a very unique backend taste.

I have some JJ Sublimes from 2006, but they're not maduros.

Same here, but in Salamone's........Might be time to crack that box open.

I've had 5 or 6 from my box and was pleasantly surprised, I thought they'd lose something over that time period. Luckily, they were still very tasty!

Funny. I bought some of these probably at that exact same time and these were the only ones I've ever bought. I thought they were all gone but while playing coolidor Tetris over the weekend I came across a few I'd completely forgotten about. Might be time to spark one up.....

I haven't had any aged, but even without the age I think they are great.

Same here, but in Salamone's........Might be time to crack that box open.

You must do that. They are lovely smokes. I had preferred the belicoso natty in this line, but the Salamone is just wonderful. Hard to go back.
Teh Nats are good, too, but a totally different taste profile.

BTW, the early Salomone were being rolled by Pepin, although I doubt he has time for such menial labor now.

I just smoked the last of a box of the Beli JJ Maduros and they were quite different than the Selecto maddies. More complex and chocolaty.

I love 'em aged, or not!
IIRC, I have 8 or 10 buried in my humi.
Once the weather gets better, they're
on my list, for sure. Then it's time
to reload.

Chemyst :cool:

I love 'em aged, or not!
IIRC, I have 8 or 10 buried in my humi.
Once the weather gets better, they're
on my list, for sure. Then it's time
to reload.

Chemyst :cool:

+1. The JJ Maduros are simply awesome!

Remind me and we'll do a box split in June!
Can't break my New Year's resolution, yet.

LOL

Chemyst

PS If the Monster puts boxes up
at a great price b4 June, well...

I have a few with about a year on them. I smoked one about a month ago and it was great.

These and Ashton Aged Maduros truly showed me that sometimes $10/stick is worth it!