• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have an iRobot Roomba?

Glacies

I'm Italian so I shed a lot of hair. I also have 4 dogs and 2 cats to sweep hair up after. It's pretty bad and if we slip one day in our sweeping schedule (which we do all the time), we have person sized tumbleweed style balls of hair rolling through our house.

Been eyeing some of the Roombas and would like to know what the deal is. Sound like what we need, but I'm concerned about how it will handle ceramic tile, and 1/2 high door joices in between rooms.

The one we got works great, unless you have a dog or children, you'll do fine. The dog thinks it's a toy and so do the kids. We finally gave up. :laugh:

I have 2 dogs and a Roomba. It works very well but I prefer it more as a maintenance tool than a vacuum for heavy jobs. If you do a big vacuum first and then let the Roomba go wild to keep things in check for a bit longer it will do just fine. It can't hold too much debris and will probably be full after one moderate sized room if there is a ton of pet hair around. It is well built and mine survived a fall down a lot of stairs after I dropped it and still works like a charm.

Wow. I'm amazed people are actually buying these. I thought they were a gimmick. I had no idea.

We have an 11-year old Dirt Devil upright and it still works great.

Wilkey

Wow. I'm amazed people are actually buying these. I thought they were a gimmick. I had no idea.

We have an 11-year old Dirt Devil upright and it still works great.

Wilkey

Roomba's actually pretty hardcore. When I lived up by you I worked for a defense contractor and had to go to a few defense symposiums. They were always cornering the robotics areas and from what I understand thier engineering is awesomee.

This was a gift from my mother on Christmas but turned out to be a real hit.

We have a couple of these as well. Keep one down at my place in the Keys as well. As others have said, if you have a high-traffic area, it's best to mop and/or vacuum first, then let the Roomba do its thing. But, they work great. We have all marble and tile floors here, and same down in the Keys (with some hardwoods too). Works great on those surfaces, and can manage up and over all kinds of things.

I bought one and its great. One room is carpeted and the rest of our house is ceramic tile. The rhoomba does a super job everywhere. Our dog is intimidated by the rhoomba and leaves the area when its running. This is no toy.