• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone have YouTube TV, AT&T Fiber?

{tpc}

Professional Poker Tournament Loser
After years of playing the game with Xfinity and their “promotional rates” I’m finally seeking a different path. Just wondering what others think about YTTV if anyone uses it?

I’m probably going to drop Xfinity Internet for AT&T Fiber as well. I tried Verizon home 5G plus, and it just doesn’t work well enough at my house. It was easy to set up and it’s cheap but I couldn’t take it after only a few days. The last straw was the WiFi extender that wouldn’t set up properly (I think they sent the wrong one) and the tech support people who seemed like they just wanted to add another “line” to my account by sending more equipment, instead of troubleshooting the issue, just shotgun all the hardware? No thanks.

After years of playing the game with Xfinity and their “promotional rates” I’m finally seeking a different path. Just wondering what others think about YTTV if anyone uses it?

I’m probably going to drop Xfinity Internet for AT&T Fiber as well. I tried Verizon home 5G plus, and it just doesn’t work well enough at my house. It was easy to set up and it’s cheap but I couldn’t take it after only a few days. The last straw was the WiFi extender that wouldn’t set up properly (I think they sent the wrong one) and the tech support people who seemed like they just wanted to add another “line” to my account by sending more equipment, instead of troubleshooting the issue, just shotgun all the hardware? No thanks.
I have Hulu Live. Same thing as YTTV. I will say that YTTV is a little more open on using your account away from your house on a real tv vs tablet, laptop, phone. Otherwise I think they are very similar!

I've had YTTV for about 2 years now, and have no complaints about it.

YTTV for me as well. Love the recording capabilities and content.

YTTV for about a year now.

We love it.

Got rid of DirectTV for it.

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the comments!

I’m on a free trial of it now and so far I’m digging it. Now just have to convince the wife…which probably means I’m buying a new tv haha.

Xfinity cable modem is, for us, the best option you can get. We get great service, I'll stick with that. Likely to drop the Xfinity cable TV service within the next year. We're already hooked up with Netflix and Amazon, will be looking for "tv" as well. My son is a big YouTube fan, watches lots of TV content on that. Haven't tried that one, no opinion.

My issue with Xfinity and their channel lineup is that I constantly surf through it and there is nothing I care to watch. YouTube at least has pointed me to some new things. Maybe because it’s just new to me. But the real issue is if I can save money, even if I surf the same shitty content, why wouldn’t I?

And that’s all I’ve been trying to put forth to Xfinity. Stop raising my rates or make me jump through hoops to lower them. I’m happy with the crap I have for the amount I pay. You jack it up, you just give me a reason to look elsewhere. Then I ask about it and you argue with me? Thanks but I’ll play the game better. Maybe I switch for 6 months and switch back. Seems dumb but they are not leaving much room.

I used to just call them up, talk to retention, they correct it all back to what it was and we go about our day. Now it’s them telling me why I’m wrong, why I should do this or that…

At this point if I lived alone I’d do exactly what my stepson does..who lives alone. Internet only and stream whatever I may want. At the end of the day I’m sleeping through 90 percent of it anyways lol.

I use youtube TV. It works great for my needs. Zero complaints other than it has almost doubled in price.