• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone hear of these guys?

Swissy

Livin' the retired life!
a cousin posted a link to this on Facebook... and wow! As someone who played in a concert and jazz band in high school, I have a great appreciation for classical music, and instruments in general. And holy crap! what these 2 guys do is AMAZING. I found their album and it now resides on my Ipod!

That is bad ass! The carbon fiber cellos are pretty sweet also.

What are the names of the guys, I would be interested in downloading them also.

ETA - Nevermind, they are Sulic and Hauser

Wow. :0

Thanks for the new addition to the ipod as well, Swissy. That, is pure talent. Outstanding.

Oh, sweet, they are going to be playing at a music club over in Beverly Hills next month, the day after my brother comes into town to visit. Guess who just bought tickets for him and I? :p

Before Apocolyptica went alt-pop, they were the most bad ass classical instrumental outfit I had heard to that point, and I used to collect a lot of symphonic contemporary music. Unfortunately they decided to become a modern-rock band that happens to have strings, now.

This is alright. Started great, but just seemed kind of cheesy when the vocal/melody lines took over. I'm probably one of the world's biggest GNR fans, so I was really looking forward to something cool. I'd probably check them out live, but don't think I'd buy any music without hearing the rest of it. Love those cellos, though!

No Jim, but I'm pretty sure I can one up you this time...

http://harptallica.com/

:sign:

Just downloaded the tracks to these guys. Their sound is pure excellence.

-edited for word misuse
-JD

Hey guys, should I leave the 2cellos on or off?
sign.gif

That's pretty freaking amazing. If you dig this you should also check out the album Edgar Meyer and Chris Thile just put out. A cello master and a mandolin virtuoso going head to head. It is pretty amazing. And the cello that Edgar Meyer plays was made in the 18th century and has a sound like no other. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be downloading this.

I thoroughly enjoyed that. Thanks for the heads up!
I didn't know you were a musician. What instrument(s) do you play?
I am so slow to get electronic gadgets, but I think you sharing this has pushed me to go ahead and get an IPOD...... :blush:

Just watched last weeks GLEE episode with the wife... Yes save the jokes it is a great show. I am proud to say I am a fan of Glee!

So anyway it looks to me as the 2CELLOs are making their way to the top. Yes the Top seeing as how Glee is Fox's #1 show on TV!

I am pretty sure it is the same 2CELLOs! Take a look.

http://youtu.be/ik46441kFtk

And here is their video on you tube.

http://youtu.be/jjOQac1vOEc

Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Mom's an old band-ie, and this put a smile on her face.

Thanks. I have a lot of this type of stuff and have not heard of these two.

Yeah, these guys made a big splash a couple of years ago with Smooth Criminal. Pretty well known. I thought they were on Letterman or one of those late night TV shows last year...

I saw Elton John this summer ( had to...wife birthday present) and they were the warm up for him and also played with his band during his set. Surprised they hell out of the crowd for sure.