• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone heard from Michael

Johnny B

For some odd reason @MichaelD popped into my mind a few weeks ago.

Has anyone heard from him? I noticed that he hasn't been on since 12/7/17.

Just a little concerned, I guess.

I spoke to him last fall and he had a lot going on, moving, changing jobs and he is not as much into cigars. I’m guessing he will visit from time to time.

Funny! Even though I didn’t interact with him a whole lot, I was thinking about him today when looking at the Under Your Radar thread and saw some post his. He lived just up the road and I never got together with him.

Some people drop off here and are never heard from again. Others, suddenly pop up after a long absence with stories of financial difficulties, illness, or divorce. Life happens to us all!

I still wonder what happened to Miamicubano.... That was an interesting fellow.

Thought about him too just the other day. Life happens sometimes. Hey Michael if you see this, I hope all is well with ya!

I last heard from him in September. PM'd in December, hadn't heard anything back. He'd been facing some possible medical issues, so I've been a little concerned.

Solid BOTL and a gracious host when we met up in DC last summer.

I last heard from him in September. PM'd in December, hadn't heard anything back. He'd been facing some possible medical issues, so I've been a little concerned.

Solid BOTL and a gracious host when we met up in DC last summer.
Damn! Wish I knew Barry....

Damn! Wish I knew Barry....
John, I seriously considered hitting you up! Unfortunately I was working crazy hours... it was a logistical feat for Michael and I to meet up even when he was still in town.

I'll likely be out again sometime in the next year--a trip down to Fredericksburg is already on my to-do list!

Edited to add:
View attachment 16969

Barry and I huffed down a few Illusione and a Padron between us at Curtis Drapers this afternoon. And being the good host that I am, I even arranged for a bonus DC celebrity sighting. I have to admit I was more than a bit buzzed as we made our way to dinner. It was a great evening.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

Yes, I’m alive and well. ;-) Barry has it right, life got busy and a bit complicated - got married, left my job, had some medical stuff pop up, sold my house, relocated out to Harrisonburg to be with my wife, renovated a house, found a new job about a month ago and only just now starting to catch my breath.

I’m still enjoying my cigars just as often that the weather allows. I no longer have my screened in porch, so I’ve been wandering down to my local cigar shop (B&B Cigars) and getting to know the boys down there. The valley doesn’t support a lot of high end cigar sales, so my local purchases have been largely limited to Ashtons and the occasional Avo. During the move I made a pledge to smoke down at least a cooler’s worth of my collection before buying any new boxes. Staying off cigar related media has helped me control my buying impulses. But I truly miss you guys and it means a ton to me that y’all reached out. I promise that I’ll become more of a regular fixture again soon.

Speaking of cigars, Kristen and I are heading down to South Beach Miami next week to celebrate our one year anniversary. Staying at the W. Any suggestions for a cigar bar or similar?

Hey guys!

Yes, I’m alive and well. ;-) Barry has it right, life got busy and a bit complicated - got married, left my job, had some medical stuff pop up, sold my house, relocated out to Harrisonburg to be with my wife, renovated a house, found a new job about a month ago and only just now starting to catch my breath.

Good to hear! I hadn't seen ya around for quite a while and wanted to make sure everything was going well. It sounds like you've been a busy man! Congrats on what appears to be a complete life change!

Good to hear! I hadn't seen ya around for quite a while and wanted to make sure everything was going well. It sounds like you've been a busy man! Congrats on what appears to be a complete life change!

It's all good at this point. Getting out of the city has done me a world of good. There are parts that I miss, but way more good than bad. And now with my 10 minute commute, I have way more time for cigars. The one thing that it has impacted is that I've transitioned to longer format cigars. I now have time for them so its rare that I pull out anything under 6" unless its for my second cigar of the session. Only downside of life out here is the limited retail selections when it comes to cigars.

It's all good at this point. Getting out of the city has done me a world of good. There are parts that I miss, but way more good than bad. And now with my 10 minute commute, I have way more time for cigars. The one thing that it has impacted is that I've transitioned to longer format cigars. I now have time for them so its rare that I pull out anything under 6" unless its for my second cigar of the session. Only downside of life out here is the limited retail selections when it comes to cigars.

Didn’t you live in Vienna, or Fairfax? I don’t know how people live in that area as I find it too stressful. I have to go to Sterling Virginia tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday morning for a client, and I hate having to go up there.

Michael, thanks for checking in. Happy anniversary! Enjoy Miami!

Didn’t you live in Vienna, or Fairfax? I don’t know how people live in that area as I find it too stressful. I have to go to Sterling Virginia tomorrow afternoon and Tuesday morning for a client, and I hate having to go up there.

I use to live in Fairfax Station right off 123. Worked downtown near DuPont Circle. 20 miles, 1.5 hours each way. It got old after 25 years.

Hey, if your in Harrisonburg, I’m in Charlottesville, John is in F’birg. Let’s get together. Pick any point of the aforementioned triangle. I’m there. (Family willing.)