• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone need......

Allofus123 said:
<snip>Reminds me of elementary school when the teacher would tell the first person in the class something and then have them pass it on to the next person and the next and the next until its been passed all the way around the room only to find the message totally different by the time it gets to the last person.
That game always ends with someone saying, "purple monkey dishwasher". Another funny thing is that the people playing that game never want to stop - which is where this topic is possibly heading.

I've always been a fan of angry discourse myself... and prefer to see things run their course naturally and openly*. But it is a matter of time before a newbie wanders in and crosses a line he doesn't understand again. If you let this sort of thing pile up, don't be surprised when it happens - and in my opinion, don't blame it on the newbie quite so much.

Just another 2-cents from a newbie. By the way - how long does it take to go from newbie (FNG) to a normal guy, and then how long to go from normal guy to FOG? I plan on being around for a while (sorry about that) - and just want to plan... :D

- Oak

* If you don't let things run naturally - then you don't see really clever uses of the word "purge"... if there was an award for most clever turn of phrase - it's gotta go to that one...

oak said:
By the way - how long does it take to go from newbie (FNG) to a normal guy, and then how long to go from normal guy to FOG? I plan on being around for a while (sorry about that) - and just want to plan... :D
Yeah- thats a good question Oak... :D I think I'm still sub-par noob scum I guess :p

You know, I don't say much in these threads, but in an attempt to answer "How long does it take to 'move up' in status for lack of a better term? Time. Nothing else but Time and establishing a reputation of trust and honor I would imagine. And for those wondering *why* there seems to be a system in place as far as newbie to FOG? Why not? Why not take the time to EARN your 'place' here? Why would you expect to just come right in where some of these people have been "together" here or on other sites for years? You might feel that you are a know-it-all when it comes to cigars, you might feel that past dealings in other countries with purchasing cigars, etc might make you knowledgable. However, when you come to a site like this remember something:

THEY DON'T KNOW YOU HERE

It's the perogative of the FOGs and other established members of this site to be picky when it comes to trades, passes and bombs. I would expect them to be that way with me since *I* am a newbie. And if I remember, there was some talk about people being offended with the use of "language"...I guess I might be alone in this opinion, but get the phuck over it.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say--this was not meant to be a dig on the question asked or the person asking, but after reading some of the threads, and seeing some of the bull**** going on with newbies challenging the FOGs here, I am sick to death of it...you wanna be an FOG? You wanna be respected? Then stick around, quit your bitchin and listen when people talk.

Melly the Angel :sign:

SweetMelissa said:
You know, I don't say much in these threads, but in an attempt to answer "How long does it take to 'move up' in status for lack of a better term? Time. Nothing else but Time and establishing a reputation of trust and honor I would imagine. And for those wondering *why* there seems to be a system in place as far as newbie to FOG? Why not? Why not take the time to EARN your 'place' here? Why would you expect to just come right in where some of these people have been "together" here or on other sites for years? You might feel that you are a know-it-all when it comes to cigars, you might feel that past dealings in other countries with purchasing cigars, etc might make you knowledgable. However, when you come to a site like this remember something:

THEY DON'T KNOW YOU HERE

It's the perogative of the FOGs and other established members of this site to be picky when it comes to trades, passes and bombs. I would expect them to be that way with me since *I* am a newbie. And if I remember, there was some talk about people being offended with the use of "language"...I guess I might be alone in this opinion, but get the phuck over it.

Anyway, that's about all I have to say--this was not meant to be a dig on the question asked or the person asking, but after reading some of the threads, and seeing some of the bull**** going on with newbies challenging the FOGs here, I am sick to death of it...you wanna be an FOG? You wanna be respected? Then stick around, quit your bitchin and listen when people talk.

Melly the Angel :sign:
"angel"? - angel like Gabriel, maybe... :D I wouldn't mess with you in a dark alley...

I couldn't agree more, Melly - and plan on putting in my time. I probably won't manage to do it as quietly as I should... but I'll be around because I learn something interesting every day - and enjoy myself more after I found this board, than before I found the board.

:thumbs:

- Oak

It's best to be a normal guy. People bash you if you are an FOG just trying to help keep this board the best on the net. Thick skin is a virtue. Now lets trade some cigars.

oak said:
and enjoy myself more after I found this board, than before I found the board.
Eew. Well you just make sure that you don't "enjoy yourself" while reading any my posts!! Pervert :sneaky: .

:sign: :sign: :sign:

So anyway - back to the original topic! What does Allofus have on deck for today??!

Cast, maestro, cast!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Never said you were banned, ace. The guys there didn't like your self promotion and... ah ... inflated opinion of yourself. They treated you the way you deserved to be treated and you left. They left shortly afterward when DS placed them on moderated status and then you returned with the same insufferable blather. Only a couple of those guys are my friends and they are and will continue to be greatly respected on these boards.

I wanted nothing from you but the truth and you refused. Having found your difficulties on my own I can only conclude that you were deceptive through omission in order to cover your backtrail. You have a reputation from those other places that will stick now. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and did not discuss any of this with anyone until you came with that lame stuff calling SD's post a flame and me a flamer by association.

You haven't been PM blocked since the day I contacted you but I still have no interest in discussing anything with you. You have shown your colors and they are not ones that I can respect.

The time to discuss your problems at those other places was when you got here and I asked about them, not after you were "caught out". However, if your issues arose from a conflict in verbiage then you were wrong. That's how it was done there and you should have respected that.

Grandstanding? Puuhlease. I'm just giving "my buddies" the facts. How they react to them is not my problem, it's yours.

Getz Nada!!!!! Ha! A vacuous statement from a persona non grata such as yourself.

NA

[Hmmm. What to do, what to do. Little devil on left shoulder says "do it" :sneaky: . Little angel on right shoudler says "don't" :love: . Oh no! Little devil has slayed little angel! :sneaky: :angry: Buhwuuhaha!]

SamClemmons:

You must really think you are important or something. Nobody cares about your approval, your internet sleuthing, or anything else. Especially me. I'm sovereign dude, as are most adults, no one needs an internet wacko's approval, or anyone else's for that matter. We make it in the real world, on our own.

You should read the PM traffic I've gotten on you from others. And you've caused plenty of trouble here yourself, evidently. It appears you imagine yourself very important here, perhaps because in reality you are a gross underachiever. You must think people on an e-board are under your locus of influence or something. Who knows what your socipath is, and who cares?

Get a real-world life dude, instead of ascribing so much importance to your internet-self and internet-image.

I'm sure this will eat you up, so you may go ahead and post another ranting rebuttal, or better yet, go purge :D . Makes no difference to me.

Ciao baby,

Mike

P.S. Spin that CA story anyway you want. After all, we are not holding court here.

4A - you done messed up...

Neal IS important around here and unlike you has established himself and his reputation. Hell I am not even a friend of his or me his - but he has a hell of a lot more sway around here than you do. This means I, along with others, are going to trust what he has to say about people - including you and his advice when he so chooses to lay it out there.

So put your pecker back in your pants, you simply don't messure up and have just black listed yourself.

Next time, try to pick a fight with someone w/out Neal's rep and respect. Yeah he can be a prick - we all know that, but only because he isn't trying to impress, and like some of us around here will out it out there bluntly. And as I stated before unlike you he has a solid reputation and respect. Something you have just lost on both grounds with people around here, including me.

Sam

SamGuss said:

Neal IS important around here and unlike you has established himself and his reputation. Hell I am not even a friend of his or me his - but he has a hell of a lot more sway around here than you do. This means I, along with others, are going to trust what he has to say about people - including you and his advice when he so chooses to lay it out there.

So put your pecker back in your pants, you simply don't messure up and have just black listed yourself.

Next time, try to pick a fight with someone w/out Neal's rep and respect. Yeah he can be a prick - we all know that, but only because he isn't trying to impress, and like some of us around here will out it out there bluntly. And as I stated before unlike you he has a solid reputation and respect. Something you have just lost on both grounds with people around here, including me.

Sam
Agreed.

SamGuss said:

Sam
Yeah what he said!!!!

:sign: it's wild how a subject like this can get blown into something totally off subject, damn threadjackers :D

Yeah, this is about me, ace. Spot on my friend, I still live in my Mom's basement. I'm terribly impressed with you too, compensate much?

NA

in reality you are a gross underachiever. You must think people on an e-board are under your locus of influence or something. Who knows what your socipath is, and who cares?

Wow!! Good thing I read this before a drank the Kool Aid that Sammy sent me.
I never realized what influence the Sam man had over me. Thanks Ace. ;)

Like a bunch of women we all are...... :0

Four Aces said:
*** You must really think you are important or something.

*** It appears you imagine yourself very important here, perhaps because in reality you are a gross underachiever.

*** You must think people on an e-board are under your locus of influence or something. Who knows what your socipath is, and who cares?

*** Get a real-world life dude, instead of ascribing so much importance to your internet-self and internet-image.
For cryin' out loud 4A. You say all this to Neal when ironically, it is exactly what a lot of others here including myself were thinking about you the day you signed up here and included all your "accomplishments" in your profile.

Can I get an Amen?

SamGuss said:

Sam
Ditto...Hey Kenny, will you lock this one up bro? I could be wrong, but I think it has run it's course.

Emo