• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone order from these folks

headuptheass-vi.gif

So the jingly dude thinks he's been misused for arguing CP policy? And none of you were considerate enough to point him toward yours truly... The Answerman? That cuts me deep, deeeep. Let me know if he needs any further explanation okay?

NA

Sam, we ALWAYS look forward to your incendiary...err no.. incestful..err no, not that one either... insightful (That's the one!) commentary. :laugh:

Very good words of wisdom on the Wascal link from SamGuss...

I also now understand why people kept it hushed hushed to me for a long time. Which makes it even that much better now that I have earned their trust. So for newbies - and please note, if your new to a board, then you are a newbie - it doesn't matter if your new to cigars or old hand, your new to this or that community and therefor a newbie. My note is this. Participate in whatever you can. Post. Get to know people - more importanlty let people get to know you. Yes it may take awhile, but you will eventually either prove yourself someone people can trust with these sources or not. The "payoff" of information is there at the end but it is not - nor should be just given to you immediately.

Anyway my thoughts are done, just remember if your a newbie to hang in there, the information may come to you one day, but it means you have to earn it. It's not a case of "I'm better than you", "I know more than you", "I am a FOG and your just a newbie", it's about developing trust in relationships - and friendships are just that - relationships, it's about keeping prices low enough so that one day when you are given the information those prices are still low wink.gif

mrjinglesusa said:
Leebo8-9-8 said:
I find it interesting that Jingles first post here was quite like this one. Kind of reminds me of SorryP over at CF, until they ran him off!

Jingles, let me give you a clue, insulting well respected members of this forum won't get you anywhere except with the wannabe's who think they know what they're talking about.

pulease! :laugh:
[snapback]167569[/snapback]​

Let's get one thing straight. One of my early posts here has absolutely no bearing on this topic. It was an idea, a bad one, and it is in the past. Over my past 200 posts I have had no issues with anyone. I have done several trades, several purchases and all have gone off without a hitch. I have made several friends on this board whom I will be hopefully trading with in the future.

I in no way insulted anyone in this thread. Period. There was an amiable discussion regarding the rule of discussing sources and MMM made an extremely sarcastic post. Please, READ my posts in this topic. I have said nothing insulting - I simply asked for clarification and defended my friend. If I recall CC, you recently got mad at another member for not defending YOU on another forum. And now I catch $hit for defending my friend on this board - and all he did was ask a simple question.

And another thing, I don't care how long someone has been here or how respected they are by others on this board. Bottom line - you have to earn my respect just as much as I have to earn yours. Post count means jack to me and making sarcastic posts in response to my legitimate posts in a topic does not help earn that respect.

Again, read my posts in this thread and tell me where I said anything insulting to anyone. MMM made a sarcastic post and I retaliated. Unlike some people here, I'm not going to sit back and take it out of "respect" to a person's post count.
[snapback]167579[/snapback]​

Nothing insulting huh?
You've made it clear you are going to be a jerk about this whole issue.

I think that is insulting for starters but that's just me. Kinda borders on flaming too ;)
If I recall CC, you recently got mad at another member for not defending YOU on another forum

Mad? No, not really, hurt? Possibly, until Mr. Welsh explained his position at which point I thought about it and I tended to agree with him more than disagree with him. I learned something from the whole exchange as his point certainly has its merits ;) and a few hours later I apologized to him. Kinda like you should do ;)

When i started smoking cigars 2 years ago i bougth the Non Cuban sampler with the humidor. And boy was i happy with that!! I must say that was a good bargain.

But the prices the have on the rest of assortment is that good.

Backslide420 said:
A CP must read <- click here

^ please read the above guys.

:( :( :( :( :(
[snapback]167636[/snapback]​

:thumbs: That's all I was asking for.

So the jingly dude thinks he's been misused for arguing CP policy? And none of you were considerate enough to point him toward yours truly... The Answerman? That cuts me deep, deeeep. Let me know if he needs any further explanation okay?

I wasn't arguing the policy, I was asking for clarification. Read my posts again if you still don't understand this. I was pointing out some, in my view, double-standards regarding CP policy and was asking for clarification on the rules. Pretty simple and I got flamed for it. Like I said, CPs new motto: A friendly place - until you ask a question you are not supposed to.
Nothing insulting huh?

Please. Calling someone a jerk for making a sarcastic post in response to a question is not insulting (however, if MMM was insulted, I have apologized below). As I have said COUNTLESS times, I was asking for a simple clarification of the rules. Is that really so wrong?

Listen, I am done with thread so you all can quite the flaming and stupid pictures. I stand by my defense of my friend (who is new here and asked a simple question he didn't know he was supposed to ask) and I stand by what I asked in this thread. Thank you to those who PMd me and answered my questions in a friendly manner.

MMM - I apologize if I insulted you with my post. I felt that, instead of simply PMing me a friendly answer to my questions (as others have done) your post was sarcastic and insulting to my intelligence. I'm not a stupid person. I saw some apparent double-standards in the policy and asked questions for clarification. Period. A simple PM with an answer would have sufficed.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim, I appreciate the defense. It takes a lot to stand by a friend sometimes. Thank you again. Guys, this whole thing was started by me...jingles was trying to help me out and answer sarcasm with sarcasm. Seemed perfectly reasonable. Anyway, take it out on me if you must take it out on someone.

As I said earlier, I apologize for the post. I also understand the issues. It is OK to talk about A and it is OK to talk about B. But is is not OK to state the fact that A+B=C. I get that. What I wanted was someone to explain why. I got that after a while. "Because I said so" simply was not a good enough reason for me. That's my own issue...don't take orders very well. Always been a little hardheaded. I wanted to understand why the policy was there, that's all.

Thanks to MrJerry and bfreebern for the PMs...they both helped. bfreebern, I hope we can trade once you get back from your trip.

I hope we can all just get past this...it got way out of hand.

No problem Jingly dude. Here's your clarification: Don't Do it. Clear enough? If you would like to bait me again with your snide, "Read my posts again if you still don't understand this.", comment I'll be happy to take the gloves off. Six weeks you've been here and this is your second dust up and you know what they say, "third time's the charm".

If you can't get your head around this we'll just drill a hole and pour it in.

NA

I guess I see the respect I get around here. I told you all to STFU a while ago and you all kept talking..... :laugh:

Ok Matt, cut the crap. We know since your wife is down w/ an injury, you have to assume the responsible and authoritative role, but don't try and pull it here........ya Schmoo :D

Well, until she gets better, you can all expect me to be a real pain your asses. I am doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, child watching, my regular job, watching over all you homos and jerking off instead of screwing. So, maybe Rod should just shut down the site for a few days. :laugh:

With the advent of the internet and it's globalization of the world economy, trade boundries are becoming more and more skewed. It IS LEGAL to go to Cuba and return with 2 boxes of cigars for "Personal Use." It is ILLEGAL to sell/buy/trade with or for Cuban cigars in public or private within the United States. There is no international trade law prohibitiiting international dealers from advertising, or shipping Cuban cigars to the United States; HOWEVER it is ILLEGAL to purchase Cuban cigars from ANY source while your feet are on United States soil.

So yes it's ILLEGAL to buy Cuban cigars on the internet, but it's NOT ILLEGAL for international retailers to sell them :)

There is very little regulation on any of the international trade embargo infractions between the US and Cuba over the internet. So for now it's illegal, but semi safe.

Kinda Clear?
Ian Hannah
Billboardtobacco.com

tobaccoleaf1 said:
  It IS LEGAL to go to Cuba and return with 2 boxes of cigars for "Personal Use." 
[snapback]167806[/snapback]​

Depends on your definition of legal.... technically it is NOT legal to travel to Cuba unless you are on a governmentally assigned permit.

I quote this from another website, author unknown: "Although U.S. law permits travel to Cuba, the catch is that no U.S. citizen is allowed to spend money there unless licensed. You can also go to Cuba if you are fully hosted by a Cuban organization, but the documentation that you spent nothing is ominously thorough. Even licensed, you must maintain receipts for any goods you purchase, and you must not exceed a total of $100.00."

And, from the Dept. of Treasury:

CUBAN CIGAR UPDATE
Recent changes to the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31
C.F.R. Part 515 (the “Regulations”), administered and
enforced by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”),
have prompted OFAC to revise the Cuban Cigar Update
previously issued on June 19, 1998. This notice provides
important information to the public on Cuban-origin tobacco
products.
Importation of Cuban-Origin Cigars Into the United States
There is now an across the board ban on the importation
into the United States of Cuban-origin cigars and other
Cuban-origin tobacco products, as well as most other
products of Cuban origin. This prohibition extends to such
products acquired in Cuba, irrespective of whether a
traveler is licensed by OFAC to engage in Cuba travelrelated
transactions, and to such products acquired in
third countries by any U.S. traveler, including purchases
at duty free shops. Importation of these Cuban goods is
prohibited whether the goods are purchased directly by the
importer or given to the importer as a gift. Similarly,
the import ban extends to Cuban-origin tobacco products
offered for sale over the Internet or through the catalog
mail purchases. Prior to August 1, 2004, persons returning
to the United States who were licensed under the
Regulations to engage in Cuba travel-related transactions
were authorized by general license to import up to $100
worth of Cuban merchandise as accompanied baggage. Cuban
tobacco and alcohol products were included in that general
license. That general license was removed from the
Regulations.
Transactions Involving Cuban-Origin Goods in Third
Countries
The question is often asked whether United States citizens
or permanent resident aliens of the United States may
legally purchase Cuban origin goods, including tobacco and
alcohol products, in a third country for personal use
outside the United States. The answer is no. The
Regulations prohibit persons subject to the jurisdiction of
the United States from purchasing, transporting, importing,
or otherwise dealing in or engaging in any transactions
with respect to any merchandise outside the United States
if such merchandise (1) is of Cuban origin; or (2) is or
has been located in or transported from or through Cuba; or
(3) is made or derived in whole or in part of any article
which is the growth, produce or manufacture of Cuba. Thus,
in the case of cigars, the prohibition extends to cigars
manufactured in Cuba and sold in a third country and to
cigars manufactured in a third country from tobacco grown
in Cuba.
Cigars Produced from Cuban Tobacco Seed OFAC does not
consider cigars produced from tobacco grown and harvested
in a third country from Cuban seeds to constitute a growth
or product of Cuba. Therefore, the Regulations do not
prevent transactions or dealing in those products by
persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States,
as long as there is no interest of Cuba or a Cuban
national, direct or indirect, in the sale of such cigars.
Criminal penalties for violation of the Regulations range
up to $1,000,000 in fines for corporations, $250,000 for
individuals and up to 10 years in prison. Civil penalties
of up to $65,000 per violation may be imposed by OFAC.
Date 09/30/2004

Or, if you are a journalist, or traveling with a journalist. Big loop-hole...If you work in Radio, TV, News Paper, Magazine, etc. you are granted permission along with your "crew"

Or just go to Jamacia and buy Cubans and bring em back from there :)

tobaccoleaf1 said:
Or just go to Jamacia and buy Cubans and bring em back from there :)
[snapback]167865[/snapback]​

...or Canada - or England - or New Zealand.... And them try to declare them at the border... Surest way to get them lit up without you touching a match to them...

Let's just clear it all up.

I've read this whole thing. Alot people on here make mistakes with there first posts. I did, others have. I'm not going anywhere, I love it here. You made a mistake. It's over with. Now cigardawg, you've ordered from there before right... Then why are you asking if it's safe to order ISOM's from there?!?!? What the hell man? I ordered my first box cubos from there and they are all gone, so yes they are safe and fast and speedy. For now on ask the FOG's, others, ME! I don't care. Just don't f-up again. ;)

I think the flammer comments were a little out of line. Think of CP as playground. If you push MMM, I'll kick you in the face. It's best to live, let go, say sorry, get over it. No one cares. The drama comes from people bringing up the past and throwing it in there face. I for one, (if I ever did before, I'm sorry) will not throw things in people's faces that had nothing to do with me. Guys, it's over. Rod close the thread and let's all go smoke one! :thumbs:

my 52.02 cents. KB

KayakinBoy said:
Let's just clear it all up.

I've read this whole thing. Alot people on here make mistakes with there first posts. I did, others have. I'm not going anywhere, I love it here. You made a mistake. It's over with. Now cigardawg, you've ordered from there before right... Then why are you asking if it's safe to order ISOM's from there?!?!? What the hell man? I ordered my first box cubos from there and they are all gone, so yes they are safe and fast and speedy. For now on ask the FOG's, others, ME! I don't care. Just don't f-up again. ;)

I think the flammer comments were a little out of line. Think of CP as playground. If you push MMM, I'll kick you in the face. It's best to live, let go, say sorry, get over it. No one cares. The drama comes from people bringing up the past and throwing it in there face. I for one, (if I ever did before, I'm sorry) will not throw things in people's faces that had nothing to do with me. Guys, it's over. Rod close the thread and let's all go smoke one! :thumbs:

my 52.02 cents. KB
[snapback]167932[/snapback]​

:thumbs: Well put. I issued an apology here:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forums/index.php?...pic=11485&st=20

It's over now as far as I am concerned.

KayakinBoy said:
If you push MMM, I'll kick you in the face.

Hey KB, I have a few clients with past due accounts...would ya mind paying them a personal visit? :cool:

:D :D :D

PMs have been exchanged with MrJingles and I-- we're all good.