• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone Remember These?

Bama Red

When I was in school in NW Alabama, I was introduced to a fine little cigar (at least in my aging memory :cool: - Hey!! It was the 60's!!) called a Tennessee River Crook.

They were either rum or whiskey soaked - don't rightly remember which. I'm sure they were not very good cigars but I remember them fondly. A Google search turns up nothing, but some Mississippi River Crooks, mfg. by Wolfe Bros.

I went to the University of North Alabama and they were readily available during the mid and late 60's. Probably a regional brand - anyone familiar with them? If anyone knows of a source (or what happened to the company) please PM me with info. Thanks

When I was in school in NW Alabama, I was introduced to a fine little cigar (at least in my aging memory :cool: - Hey!! It was the 60's!!) called a Tennessee River Crook.

They were either rum or whiskey soaked - don't rightly remember which. I'm sure they were not very good cigars but I remember them fondly. A Google search turns up nothing, but some Mississippi River Crooks, mfg. by Wolfe Bros.

I went to the University of North Alabama and they were readily available during the mid and late 60's. Probably a regional brand - anyone familiar with them? If anyone knows of a source (or what happened to the company) please PM me with info. Thanks

My wife a a cousin leaving in Huntsville in the early 70's and I would buy them. they were soaked in Rum . I have been looking for these also i have had no luck finding them.

My wife a a cousin leaving in Huntsville in the early 70's and I would buy them. they were soaked in Rum . I have been looking for these also with no like, They were so mild the my wife and her sister would smoke them once in awhile.

It reminds me of the AL Capone rum cigarillo that I used to love when I was younger. I saw them in a store a year or so ago and decided I would pick a pack up, unfortunately they were garbage. Even though the cigar is dumped in rum you can still taste how cheap the tobacco is.

My wife a a cousin leaving in Huntsville in the early 70's and I would buy them. they were soaked in Rum . I have been looking for these also i have had no luck finding them.

My wife a a cousin leaving in Huntsville in the early 70's and I would buy them. they were soaked in Rum . I have been looking for these also with no like, They were so mild the my wife and her sister would smoke them once in awhile.

Your first post and your bumping a five year old thread?