• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone started their seeds yet?

Jake,
I have these varieties.
Connecticut Shade
Connecticut Broadleaf
Narrow Leaf Madole
Small Stalk Black Mammoth
Goose Creek Red
I did have some Havana #608, but I'm out of these until next year.

HI Brian:

If you could Post some prices if your selling?
Also Some of the seeds mentioned above I know what they are.
But what are these?
Narrow Leaf Madole
Small Stalk Black Mammoth
Goose Creek Red

Thanks Much
Matt

Shooter,
I'm not familiar with aero-ponics how does that work? How many plants could you grow that way?

Matt,
The first 2 are filler tobacco, the Goose Creek Red is also used for binder and wrapper. The seeds are free just pm me with your name and address.

Shooter,
I'm not familiar with aero-ponics how does that work? How many plants could you grow that way?

As many as the almighty $ can support. I just ran into problems with funding a lighting system. I am still gonna grow a few outside aero-ponically, and plant the rest.

OK here are the pics. What a pain to get them upload to a web site.

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

Image007.jpg

I think I might have messed up my garden a bit by planting to early. Sunday I started to plant and things look at bit yellow. I think the cold at night is getting them. Might move everything back inside for a week or 2.

DG

Are you guys growing the leafs just for fun or are you guys actually rolling your own? I am getting ready to do my gardens and this is intresting.

Diesel,

2 comments

1) If you thin the seedlings, you'll get a better yield

2) High-nitrogen fertilizer & proper watering will help the yellowing

I also disolved about 1/2 teaspoon of epsom salt in a gallon of water as a little magnesium boost. I hope I don't get the ash-spots.

bill,

I'm growing for fun right now, but if I'm feeling like it, I might try to harvest some leaves and age them. I've been saving a few cigars with split wrappers just in case I want to try to re-roll them.

Mine will go in the ground this coming weekend. I will take pictures then. Right now, I just have a 1' x 3' tray of leaves.

Diesel,
I agree with Bimmer you need to thin your plants only leave 1 per disc maybe 2 just in case 1 dies. As for the yellowing they need more fertilizer you can use the same thing you would use on tomato plants. I use a liquid fertilizer designed for tobacco beds. 7-14-7.

Bill,
I'm growing my crop to roll my own cigars. As soon as I can find some extra time I'll start the fermentation process. Then I'll start to develop my own blend. I'm sure this will be a trial and error process. I'll probably need some volunteers to help out with Q.C. Anyone know where I could find some taste testers. LOL

Well the weather is just not cooperating with me.

We had a cold snap last week and I lost a few plants in the ground. And today it is raining, so I'm just not able to get pictures up.

I need to dig out the plants I lost and replant with the smaller ones that are still in the seed trays. So hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can get my pictures up.

Anyone else having trouble with Mother Nature?

My seeds finally sprouted about a week and a half ago. The last freeze finally passed so I placed them outside in partal sun. Today I was smoking a Don Carlos cheering them along as they reach for the sky. I will try to post pics soon. The only problem I think I will have is in the curing and fermantation process out here in the dry desert. I'll worry about that later.

Been having some cold nights up here and the seedlings haven't done so well. Nothing that I've planted has been doing well.

DG

I'm having the same problems cold and rainy. Most have germinated but are really slow in growing. Thank goodness it's just a hobby. If I was relying on this for my only income I'd be sweating bullets right about now. LOL Just remember it's all good.