• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone try E Doble by Erik Espinosa?

SkyKing

Got some from Izzy at uptown. I'm interested in comparing notes. This is part of my research for my personal "Worlds Greatest Value" cigar. Reasonably priced. Gran Toro's go for about $50 for 20 count box.

Bundle....not box. Let me know what you think of them. Interested in your thoughts.

Got some from Izzy at uptown. I'm interested in comparing notes. This is part of my research for my personal "Worlds Greatest Value" cigar. Reasonably priced. Gran Toro's go for about $50 for 20 count box.

I have no idea about the cigars, BUT I do know that Isy is the bombdigity!

Had one today...not the most complex of cigars, but great construction, felt very good in the hand, and nice smoke production...it is a steal at around $2.50 each, I think...

~brooks

I agree. Construction is good; nice cap. Wrapper is handsome; no noticeable veins. They are there if you look for them. Burn is fairly even and self-correcting. Flavor is a little light on the the first third. I would describe tastes as damp earth; charcoal, some pepper notes on the upper palate and almost creamy texture and finish.

When smoking my second stick, I became a little excited when I thought I was detecting orange pekoe tea flavors. At Last! Maybe my palate was becoming more sensitive to flavor nuances. The balloon of exhilaration depleted almost immediately as, alas, I recalled I was accompanying the smoke withe a cup of Lipton. Still, I nice combo.

In summary, flavors intensify but don't change much during the course of the smoke, until the last couple of inches. I would describe the overall flavor as a base of earth-tones with a thin layer of white and black pepper floating on top. For two to three dollars a stick, I'll probably keep some in my KoolAdore. It is as good as most but not all Consuegra's and better than most, but not all, of the JR Limited Editions.

I tried a shorter version of this smoke and didn't like it nearly as much as the Gran Toro. But I only smoked one of the shorties and I've learned not to judge cigars until I've smoked several samples in different settings.