• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Anyone try the Cabaiguan Maduro's?

bully1875

Well my local B&M just got these in and they are friggen incredible. Its bursting with flavor. I may do a review of them, but I am hoping someone else has had them and can post their review cause I suck at explaining it.

Maduros !!! :love: :love: :love: I cannot wait to try them.

Yes, I know.. I went to my B&M on Tuesday and he gave me one to try and I just went back today to by 2 more and he was sold out. I asked him to put a box aside. Order due in about a week.

I tried one of each size and honestly I like the regular non-maduro guapos better. I bought 3 of each so I'll let them rest sit and see if they get any better.

funny thing is I have never had a non-maduro Cabaiguan.. I have a few guapos in my humi, but there sitting. I suppose I should fire one up and compare.

I'm in Manhasset for work ... whats the local you frequent?

Well my local B&M just got these in and they are friggen incredible. Its bursting with flavor. I may do a review of them, but I am hoping someone else has had them and can post their review cause I suck at explaining it.

I heard that only the top 10 Cabaigaun retailers are getting any on the 1st shipment.

I had one of the CGs and wasn't all that impressed for the price. But, then again, I didn't really enjoy the La Riqueza I tried last night and am not a fan of the Cab Maddie's pepper as the main flavor in a cigar. Maybe Pete Johnson's blends just aren't for me.

bpj87, I must be completely off then. I got cocoa or chocolate of some type as the primary flavor of La Riqueza (# 3's to be exact).

bpj87, I must be completely off then. I got cocoa or chocolate of some type as the primary flavor of La Riqueza (# 3's to be exact).

I reread my post and realize that it was confusing. I got the same profile as you out of the La Riqueza and did not find any pepper. I found the La Riqueza and the Cab Maddie to be a bit harsh in the second and last thirds of the smokes, which is what my real turn off was. I mentioned pepper in relation to the Cab Maddie.

Had one about a month ago. Thought it was a good smoke...pretty damn toothy also

I reread my post and realize that it was confusing. I got the same profile as you out of the La Riqueza and did not find any pepper. I found the La Riqueza and the Cab Maddie to be a bit harsh in the second and last thirds of the smokes, which is what my real turn off was. I mentioned pepper in relation to the Cab Maddie.

yeah the cab mad needs to be thrown out after 2/3 of the stick. But I was nubbing the riqueza. I love it..

I bought 5 each of 2 sizes of the maddies a few weeks ago and have been letting them rest. I guess I'll break one out and see if they are worth the price, which was high IMO. I hope the flavor makes them worth it.

Really interested in trying these. Cannot find these around the city, any suggestion guys? Any legit webistes that may be carrying these? Thanks.

I bought 5 each of 2 sizes of the maddies a few weeks ago and have been letting them rest. I guess I'll break one out and see if they are worth the price, which was high IMO. I hope the flavor makes them worth it.

They are no more expensive than a regular guapo

Which sits in the $10 range. As I try more and more smokes, I am starting to become increasingly aware of the fact that, with all of the amazing stuff for <$10, it's hard to justify such a price for simply above average sticks. I think, "for this price, or less, I can have an Anejo, a PAM, or an Epi 2." That doesn't stop me from wanting to give them all a shot, though. ;)

Perhaps after reading the mixed reviews about Maduro's it may not be Pepin's strength :( . I was not impressed with the JJ's when they released the Maduro wrapper, and there is nothing wrong with the regular Guapo's so imho the Maduro's may also be a let down. Now the La Riqueza is a whole other story. I was gifted a few by Pete at the show in Vegas and man are they good, lots of nice subtle spice both in the taste and aroma. Thanks to Stinki I got hooked up with a couple more. Now I may have to get me a few more.

I've had two so far and enjoyed both. On the first one I did have to let it go after 2/3; nubbed the second one though. Got the hint of spice and the cocoa, but I liked that it wasn't heavy on the coffee. Still have 2 or 3 more I'm letting rest. :)

Perhaps after reading the mixed reviews about Maduro's it may not be Pepin's strength :( . I was not impressed with the JJ's when they released the Maduro wrapper, and there is nothing wrong with the regular Guapo's so imho the Maduro's may also be a let down. Now the La Riqueza is a whole other story. I was gifted a few by Pete at the show in Vegas and man are they good, lots of nice subtle spice both in the taste and aroma. Thanks to Stinki I got hooked up with a couple more. Now I may have to get me a few more.
Fuente Maduro have always been my go to smoke. Nothing IMO, has come close to (yet) a WOAM, Signature, even a Classic. However, I will have to taste one of these at some stage.

I agree with you on the La Riqueza. After sampling, I purchased a box of the petite corona (#5's). I always like to have a selection of 30 minute smokes handy and this one is good. Maybe the larger vitola
will improve with a little down time.

Brian