• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

APOLOGY

defetis

Token
Sorry I have not posted this sooner! I was gone for one day not realizing the damage that was done. To explain myself, about 6 monthes ago, ebay was sued by the Chinese community for allowing a member of the Ebay community to sell what was titled "Chink in-a-Box". That is where I got the saying. It was very wrong of me to say such a thing, and I do apologize. At the same time I also understand, that there are many people in this community that have been greatly offended and it is very well possible that they may never forgive me. I am very sorry. This community is overly full of some of the nicest people I have ever met! I am very greatful to have spoken to everyone that I have, and hope everyone can forgive me in time for my stupidity or "Ass hatted-ness." I have nothing against the chinese community, I love chinese food, and I dont expect everyone to forgive me, but hope it will happen in time. Thank you for not kicking me off of this community. I will really strive to watch what I say more, and contribute to this site in any way i can.

I'm Sorry.

Joel

Sorry I have not posted this sooner! I was gone for one day not realizing the damage that was done. To explain myself, about 6 monthes ago, ebay was sued by the Chinese community for allowing a member of the Ebay community to sell what was titled "Chink in-a-Box". That is where I got the saying. It was very wrong of me to say such a thing, and I do apologize. At the same time I also understand, that there are many people in this community that have been greatly offended and it is very well possible that they may never forgive me. I am very sorry. This community is overly full of some of the nicest people I have ever met! I am very greatful to have spoken to everyone that I have, and hope everyone can forgive me in time for my stupidity or "Ass hatted-ness." I have nothing against the chinese community, I love chinese food, and I dont expect everyone to forgive me, but hope it will happen in time. Thank you for not kicking me off of this community. I will really strive to watch what I say more, and contribute to this site in any way i can.

I'm Sorry.

Joel

Friggin' Political Correctness - it's turning men into boys!

Joel- Do you have a source for that Ebay story? Couldn't find anything by googling, and I hope there's more to it than what you've written. I find the idea of suing someone for using slurs only a bit less repugnant than the slurs themselves.

Perhaps laying low for awhile and then making some meaningful contributions to the community here would be a good idea...

edited for use of a homonym...

Joel- Do you have a source for that Ebay story? Couldn't find anything by googling, and I hope there's more to it than what you've written. I find the idea of suing someone for using slurs only a bit less repugnant than the slurs themselves.

Perhaps laying low for awhile and then making some meaningful contributions to the community hear would be a good idea...
I can vouch for what he is saying about the Ebay story, it is a term we hear with gaming ALOT. Basically what it comes from is 3 asian kids power leveling a character for a MMORPG'S or " MASS MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME ". The 3 people play your character in anywhere from 5-12 hour shifts 24 hours a day and can max out a character in just a few days when it would normally take weeks if not months playing the normal 2-4 hours you have available after a long days work, not to mention your social life would be kissed goodbye.

Defitis the only reason I am posting this is because you seemed like a decent cat when we were shooting the shit playing some poker, so do like I did when I had my reality check here..... many members showed me the way of the jedi.... READ MORE POST LESS it is a safer way of life :sign:

I found nothing on Dogpile either. I get newsletters from the Asian American Cultural Center at UCONN and I've heard nothing about this.

Whether or not this really happened is beside the point. It was poor judgment to make such a statement.

Wilkey

I'm Sorry.

Joel

Just a recommendation, if you're planning on writing something similar to the 'Chinese community', I would not mention "I love chinese food". It's kind of patronizing and just shows off your ignorance. I highly doubt you meant to offend anyone, just acted out of your own ignorance, but I think the "I love chinese food" comment might rub the wrong way on certain people.

That said, I love American Chinese food too. I'm thinking about some Tso for lunch :) :)

I use I won't be able to sell my "shoe shine" kit or any "daggo tees" :laugh:

I love to eat Chinese but not so much since I got married. ;)

I dont expect everyone to forgive me, but hope it will happen in time. Thank you for not kicking me off of this community. I will really strive to watch what I say more, and contribute to this site in any way i can.

Its not so much the individual acts/comments, but all of them taken as a whole. This apology gets you back to the lip of the hole you dug. I'm one of the least "correct" people I know, but there are some terms I don't use in any context. You didn't lose me over a racial slur. You lost me by behaving like a mooch. If he isn't too far gone, you need to go have a cigar with Brad. Ask him what you're doing wrong.

It seemed like an OK apology..... very sincere.... up until the highlighted comment...... kinda like an Archie Bunker apology..... un-fuckin-believable

I'm Sorry.

Joel

I'm Sorry.

Joel

Friggin' Political Correctness - it's turning men into boys!
Chinese food sucks mate

Perhaps laying low for awhile and then making some meaningful contributions to the community hear would be a good idea...
I can vouch for what he is saying about the Ebay story, it is a term we hear with gaming ALOT. Basically what it comes from is 3 asian kids power leveling a character for a MMORPG'S or " MASS MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME ". The 3 people play your character in anywhere from 5-12 hour shifts 24 hours a day and can max out a character in just a few days when it would normally take weeks if not months playing the normal 2-4 hours you have available after a long days work, not to mention your social life would be kissed goodbye.

Defitis the only reason I am posting this is because you seemed like a decent cat when we were shooting the shit playing some poker, so do like I did when I had my reality check here..... many members showed me the way of the jedi.... READ MORE POST LESS it is a safer way of life :sign:

Thanks for backing me up man! I couldn't find anything search either. Time to lay low. To all the people saying i'm a mooch: This thread is not asking for cigars, it is simply a warning that some are going out.

I am just glad I live in a country where I have the freedom to be offended by another person's words and the freedom to offend another person with my words without being shot by a government peace keeper (such as in those totalitarian states). Of course in an ideal community, none of this should even come to pass, so why even bother starting anything at all?

Just smoke more, and relax.