• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Archetype Axis Mundi Corona vs Robusto

TexasTraveler

I'm kind of a big deal
Axis Mundi Corona

Smell- Heavy barnyard

Cut - Straight cut

Dry draw - raisins

Construction - didn’t seem very dense very spongey feel for the first 2/3rds of stick, wrapper has small crack close to the band, didn’t get worse while smoking so wasn’t really an issue...

Burn - The wrapper was a little loose, which may have led to a couple of burn issues, but for the most part it self corrected, had to make one correction...

Flavors - were good... Light wood, nuts, caramel, cocoa, coffee with black pepper on the retro...

Profile - Medium / Full

Smoke time - 1 hour 15 minutes

I would say for the price this is a steal and would be a great smoke when you just need a solid smoke for a not so special occasion and not a lot of time...
93117705-83B4-4314-AED9-02D553411204.jpeg
E3766E5A-CE2A-4A02-8B7B-DE5E69348486.jpeg
243A4879-2AD7-4932-89EB-CDBDDD54DC89.jpeg

To be continued...

Axis Mundi Robusto

Smell- Heavy barnyard

Cut - Straight cut

Dry draw - raisins

Construction - wrapper in great shape, cigar is much firmer than its counterpart. Initially the draw is much tighter than the Corona, but not to the point of needing to address it, the Corona was almost to loose...

Burn - Almost perfect no issues at all...

Flavors - also good... nuts, syrup, orange peel, light coffee, maybe a hint of chocolate, light white pepper on the retro... started to get a metallic taste in the final 3rd, so I could not finish it

Profile - Mild / Medium surprising since the Corona was pushing Full

Smoke time - 1 hour 30minutes when stopped, had I kept going would have added another 15 minutes

Again for the price you would be hard pressed to find something better, maybe as good but not better. Another solid smoke that I would smoke again...

FA130933-82C0-44D9-B441-E5DF222B6B24.jpeg
49B0F1ED-475B-4760-AA67-08BEEA1B18CC.jpeg
87C646D4-9572-4ADD-88EC-DD6CBD53E1A5.jpeg

Conclusion: I think both vitolas are really nice smokes and I like things about both of them. Surprising how different in flavors they are. Not sure I can put one over the other but for this sampling I would say the Corona had a more full profile although there were burn issues and the Robusto had a better draw and was hands down a better burning cigar, but lacked that full profile, I was expecting. With all this I don’t think you can go wrong with either at this price point... If it weren’t for the metallic taste I would have called this a draw, but the way the Robusto finished I have to give this round to the Corona...

Last edited:
Wow, nicely done! I was curious which I would like better as well, so you didn't help me at all! lol, but the corona is next on my list for sure!

Great review and comparison. I have yet to smoke the robusto, but have burned a few of the corona. This is a cigar that needs dry boxing. I was very happy with the corona, and noticed distinct notes of maple syrup come out of the ones I've boxed. Not so much with those fresh out of the humidor. I have a robusto or two in the humidor that were sent to me, and I can't wait to compare them like this, as well.

Awesome write-up, Aaron!