• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are any of these really worth smoking?

There are some 'decent' smokes in there but nothing jumps out at me.  JMHO, YMMV, etc.....

Sure, in my opinion there's some there well worth the price; La Aurora, Torano, AVO, Rocky Petel and the CAO's pop right out at me. If it was closer to golf season and I hadn't already blown my wad this (and next) month I pick a few boxes up.

Ok, I need to re-stock and am in the market for good buys on boxes: Olvia G, O, V; AB Prensada, any Padron, AF classics or similar, etc. Meantime, I'll check the vendor forum.

I'd hold off on the Padrons. Watch the vendor section for one Keystone_Raider's pardon sales. He just finished one so the next one will probably be in a couple months. Prices and service are great!

SkyKing said:
Famous Smoke is offering 50% off of dozens of different labels. But I don't see one that jumps out as a quality smoke. If there a jewel hiding in here/

http://www.famous-smoke.com/promo/emy_022315/?emk=EMY3596&utm_source=MondaySale&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Atleast50&utm_content=EMY3596

Pax

I've had a different Carlos Torano before and it was pretty good. A little mild for my tastes
http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/76320-carlos-torano-exodus-1959/

I've also had a different Gran Habano and it wasn't half bad.

I can't comment on the others but most of them look like dog rockets.

You'll never know what you enjoy smoking, going off others opinions. 

Actually, I've found many smokes that I enjoy that were recommended by others. Most of the smokes I listed were recommended or praised by other CP members.

If you haven't tried any in a selection, you have to base your picks on something. The band? The advertising blurbs? the brand name? The store clerk? i prefer getting my opinions from fellow BOTL members, who have actually tried them, rather than buying blind. That is one of the main reasons I'm a member here. I've also found that certain members preferences and tastes are similar to mine. If Blinded by Sciences recommends a stick, I'm more likely to try it. It isn't a guarantee that I'll like it but if I don't, the experience is still an education.

I understand that, but you're missing out on a lot of sticks that could have potential.  By all means, follow suggestions here, I've done it and it works.  When you're new to the hobby, you need to try as many as you can, that will help you base what you like but also give you the experience to tell the difference between something worth buying again or something that you won't.

Also, keep in mind that tastes change over the years.  I loved the Onyx Reserve, early in my smoking experience, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore.  I wouldn't know that if I hadn't taken the time to experience it again.

The only thing I would consider is the Avo's. If you've never tried one it would be a good idea to pick up a 5er 1st though. 

Jason

Like many have stated, the Avo are a great deal.... Read reviews to see if they fit your profile first though....

I would also consider buying a box of La Aurora Corojo robusto, they are a bargain at that price. The Rocky Patel Juniors Sun Grown are also a bargain, but from what I heard you have to give them some humi time.....

Happy shopping guys, as for me, since Famous smoke isn't very "Canadian Friendly" I'll pass, vut there are alot of good offers there..... Alot of decent sticks for 2-3$ each.....

Avo (although I haven't cared for them), Torano, La Aurora are good smokes. This is a good opportunity to grab a Nic bundle, some Cameroon, etc. and see what you like.

Onyx Reserve... lol... Yeah, right there with ya, Brandon!

If I was just getting started and since hindsight is always 20/20...I'd pick up the AVO XO's, CAO LX2, and the La Aurora Corojo's 

...Just my .02

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ordered the AVO X0s and the La Aurora Corojos.

Avo is a fantastic smoke for any money.  Definitely worth it at that price.

I've had the Mi Barrios (Don Pepin). Pretty good actually for the price. Also La Aurora Cameroon, CAO LX2 are decent. 

I take advantage of the samplers to stock my desktop humidor in the home office.

AVO is a good go to, saw a couple Perdomo sticks in the mix, I've always been a fan of their blends. I try and stay away from some of the random samplers Famous or CI will throw together. Always seems like they are just trying to unload non selling product.