• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARE CUBAN CIGARS REALLY BETTER?

Like with everything that has to do with taste, that is a dangerous question. My answer would be yes and no. I personally like my cigars strong and the Habanos have for the most part taken care of this for me. But, there are a lot of Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars that I would choose over some Habanos. As with everything else, you have your good and your bad in each category. Overall, if I can get my hands on older Habanos, I would always choose those. Otherwise, it really don't matter.

I think you answered your own question there Sam!! I would agree with wolfman that it is your own personal preference. (Edited by Jeff at 9:31 pm on Aug. 15, 2001)

Sam, yes i am your long lost brother!! Please send money quickly my credit card payments are due!!!!! Nice post Sam. I gotta run to work but will post more later.

Sam... you have to see Jeffs Monsterdoor... in one word it's " OUTRAGEOUS"!

What I always say to people to who claim that other islands smokes are comaparable to Havanas is;
"There's nothing like a Havana, and if you believe there is, you haven't had one." LOL
I'm going on two years of smoking only Havanas. I ahve in the past year only smoked a maximum of 6 non-Havanas. So, I think you know my opinion, LMAO.

I absolutely think Havanas are better...While I am still new to smoking ISOM's, my first one was a transcendant experience that made me an Isom love for life!Paul

Sam, I was going to comment on your earlier post but I dont want to ruin any surprises:):)

Man I don't know how Jeff does it, with a humi that big; in order to fill it I'd also have to live in it! lol I have a very small table top humi (but then again Im still in college). As far as ISOMS vs. non - ISOMS such as dominicans, I'd have to say they equal out for me. Also Domicans now lead the market according to cigar aff. but thats just my 2 cents. I gotta say though the 1958 Cuban I had just knocked me out, will never taste much like that again. I would also kill to try a box of Cuban Cohiba robustos; as robustos are my fav. and Cohiba is a respected brand. Right now Im having a hard enough time letting cigars age though because my humi is small, and I wanna smoke somethin damnit! lol. Also Sammy, take it easy there man, sounds like you were ready to hit the floor after those three gar's in a row!

I'd have to say their are some really interesting posts here. Cubans are my favorite. A well aged Cuban can't be beat. Although this is true, I think the DR, Nicaragua, and Honduras are close in quality and flavor. Bottom line, if Cubans were easily purchased with competitive prices, I'd be smokin' those babies ALL the time. My 2 cents.

Hrmm,
I don't where you get ISOMs Puros man, but I often find them to be cheaper than non ISOM's, just gotta find the right place I guess
PaulMac

I have only tried one Cuban, the Partegas Serie IV, and let me tell you, the hype is not just hype. This was the best cigar I have ever had!

I am not the world's greatest cigar taster, but this baby was superb from start to finish. I always read about people burning their fingers from nubbing their cigar. Let me tell you that I truly did this while smoking this baby!

It started off with a whirlwind of inexplicable flavors. Spices, cocoa, chocolate, you name it, I tasted it! Halfway through, I thought I was dreaming this was so good.

By the time I knew it, I noticed an odd smell which happenned to be my finger (Slight overdramatization) and had to wake up from my euphoric dreamstate!

I can only hope that all other Habanos are this good!

Habanos Hmmmm good! But as some have said everybody has differing taste................ Did I say how great a good ISOM is ;)

:( :( ,
(looks down shuffling feet in the dirt wishing he new the sublime taste of an isom,
but alas he has not had the pleasure. takes deep breathe and hopes he'll survive.)

i prefer them over any other kind. that's just my tastes. there's others i like, but they're all secondary.

Glen, don't worry Bro, we'll pop your cherry on September 14th!!!

Well, Shadow, is it time to turn another one to the dark side??ROTFLMAO :sign:

So far, the only one that can hold a candle to ISOM's on my list is a Hem. maduro.

imho. ;)

i patiently await (well, not so patiently) the cherry popping festivities! :D :D :D

Yeah, I bet...

I told Shadow last night that one of my packages had arrived and I was gonna test one last night! Boy, that sucker was awesome!

Got another order today, for the festivities!! Hope you guys prepare your tastebuds!!! :sign: