• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ARE CUBAN CIGARS REALLY BETTER?

There is a big difference when you start smoking Isoms regular and switch back. I recently picked up some isoms and smoked only them for three days. I put the rest in the coolerdoor to get some age and went back to my Dominicans and others. Man what a difference! I spoiled myself. Someday I'll be Isom exclussive if I can.

Damn Jason, does that make me "The Pusher Man"? :D

Sorry for your addiction! ;) :sign:

Yeah Kenny :p I never noticed the "big" difference while having only one every now and then, but smoking em' for awhile sure clues you in. ;)

What a way to go though!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

If I can add my two bits in....

I'll becoming an ISOM snob hopefully very, very soon. I've had a few here and there since being a part of CP.com, and I really, REALLY like them ISOM sticks.

Um, *cough* Bolivar Belicosos finos. One word.

YUM

:D

I REALLY want to smoke a cigar guys. I can't until Wed. so stop teasing me LOL :sign:

I don't believe you Tony. You should send one of those Bolivar Belicosos my way so I can see if you know what you're talking about. LMAO

Since you can't smoke anyhoo.

deep rich flavor..........mmmmmmmm rich thick smoke.....mmmmmmmm

sip some scotch take a drag ..........mmmmmmm a hint of chocolate.mmmmm

thats my best Homer Simpson

Cuban?!?!?!?!....they make cigars in Cuba?!?!?! :0 And how does one go ablout gettin' cigars from Cuba?!?!?! :lookup: I hope someday I'll have one of these!!! :thumbs:

SKYDIVNEKD :sign:

Cub-Ern cee-gars are ill eagle. Than-K goodness, my dear departed father, OLD Sam The Man, took a tip from J.F.K. and stocked up on all those pre-Castro stogies, circus 1959. Darn that ole' Castro, commie, pinko, bastid! It's deprivation, that's what it is! I am deprived of Cub-ern cee-gars, Cub-ern coffee, Cub-ern Rum, and some of the women are pretttty sharp too.

Oh, the shame of it! Can't write my Senator - it used to be Jesse Helms. He was the rascal who wanted to nuke them, until he figured out that nuking Havana would be an improvement to their present living conditions. LOL! They put a pig valve in his heart and he hasn't been right since. Come to think of it, he wasn't right* before that either! LOL! Maybe Mrs. Elizabeth Doles can do a little sumthin sumthin for me, and help me to enjoy those Cuban dee-lites.

Sam :sign:

* Footnote: For the Southern linguistic impaired. "Right" in Southern venacular means SANE when used in this context. Now back to your local programming!

So I think we would all have to agree that each passing day is one day closer to an embargo free Cigar world. Do you think that the cost of post-embargo puros will be more in line with other types of cigars? IMHO yes. I think the price of Cubans must be due to the embargo. I really think that when the market opens back up that prices will go up on the Cubans for a while, then fall in line with the other cigars of the world.

Any thoughts?????

Well I don't know, we have kicked out a couple of Cuban diplomats lately, so who knows

It could be a sign of things to come...

I think Castro will be gone soon enough. To this point he's been a bit of a superman. I keep waiting for the day he'll keel over, but it may take a bullet.

bigdan1173 said:
So I think we would all have to agree that each passing day is one day closer to an embargo free Cigar world. Do you think that the cost of post-embargo puros will be more in line with other types of cigars? IMHO yes. I think the price of Cubans must be due to the embargo. I really think that when the market opens back up that prices will go up on the Cubans for a while, then fall in line with the other cigars of the world.

Any thoughts?????
Supply and demand. Right now the demand is artificially low due to the embargo. As soon as it's lifted everybody and his dog is going to want one to see what all the fuss is about and the price will go up sharply. The manufacturers will struggle to keep up with demand and quality will go down. Eventually it will all stabilize but it will be chaos for a while when (and if) the embargo is lifted. In the end I think prices will be a little higher than they are now, but it might be years before things settle down. I recommend you stock up now to see yourself through those lean years.

Well, since I've only had one Cuban in my life (way back in 2000 and it may have been a phony) and I only have one in my coolidor thanks to one of the other members, I don't know what I'm missing.

I just figured that there might be some similarity to the recent cigar boom of the late 90's.

Plus at approx. $300 a box, the habanos are a bit out of reach for me as it is.

I haven't smoked any ISOM's to date. I have two JoeM bombed me in a trade...I would imagine like was said that when the embargo is lifted the market will be a fuster cluck for some time, maybe years. The prices may be about the same but I would doubt they would be lower. Maybe I will get somemore ISOM's and be able to make any informed determinationa s to which are better.....Must be something to them with all the $$$$$$ dropped and the huge amounts of counterfeits out there....JM $0.02

My $.02....... Well, I have been stock pilling over the last 6months for the reason FT stated {and to let them sleep} But when the poopy hits the fan!....... It's going to make a mess! I don't see any "lifting" in the near future (or in the far future for that matter), So I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. Unless of course The goober in the White House needs to jump up his polling numbers and decides to "liberate" The Cuban people! :lookup:

JOE.M. said:
. Unless of course The goober in the White House needs to jump up his polling numbers and decides to "liberate" The Cuban people! :lookup:
Is Jimmy Carter the goober in question?......or did u mean someone else.... :0

bigdan1173 said:
Well, since I've only had one Cuban in my life...and I only have one in my coolidor...the habanos are a bit out of reach for me...
0301 0120 0005 2557 9646