• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reason?

The war did start a bit early this year but at least they are using some imagination with their bombs and not just a box and bubble wrap.

Keep up the good work newbs ... :thumbs:

Edit for spelling.

Not a bad bump.... even though some/most may 'get it', others may see all the juicy bombs flying around and want in on the action for lesser reasons. One reason I don't bomb those that bomb me... I'm a PIF bomber :cool:

Overall, just a really good read.

With the recent spat of agression here on CP, I figured out do a pre-emptive bump of this very important thread. 

I know I shouldn't necessarily, but I alway get a bad feeling when people are all too eager to claim responsability for a bombing.  (<--not directed at anyone, this has always been my general feeling and the reason I go out of my way to bomb anonymously if possible).

P.S.  This should be one of those threads that rod moves to the new "Good General Reference" forums that makes finding this kind of stuff easier.

I read the first post in this thread and then started to go deeper, then stopped(hey, I'm old, I could be dead any second).

I'm new here so my opinion doesn't carry much weight, and that's okay. But, I come from a place I called home for many years, where bombing was common, fun and heart felt.

I've done both, bombing(when I could)and receiving. I don't think anyone of the guys that hit me did it to get "attention" they did it because it was fun, or, because some poor slob was going through a rough patch and someone wanted to make them smile, if only for a little bit.

I did it...because, I could, because some poor slob was going through a rough patch, and I hope, I made his/her day just a little better for it.

Bomb for the right reason? What "right" reason do you need? The right reason is...up to you!

Never feel you have to, to "fit in". Never feel like you "have" to make a big deal of it, if and when it happens, and never, ever, feel you have to get "pay back". 

To end, bomb or don't, but, never feel bad about either...and that's all I have to say about that :cool:

smokem said:
Bomb for the right reason? What "right" reason do you need? The right reason is...up to you!

Never feel you have to, to "fit in". Never feel like you "have" to make a big deal of it, if and when it happens, and never, ever, feel you have to get "pay back".

Couldn't have said it better myself.

smokem said:
I read the first post in this thread and then started to go deeper, then stopped(hey, I'm old, I could be dead any second).

I'm new here so my opinion doesn't carry much weight, and that's okay. But, I come from a place I called home for many years, where bombing was common, fun and heart felt.

I've done both, bombing(when I could)and receiving. I don't think anyone of the guys that hit me did it to get "attention" they did it because it was fun, or, because some poor slob was going through a rough patch and someone wanted to make them smile, if only for a little bit.

I did it...because, I could, because some poor slob was going through a rough patch, and I hope, I made his/her day just a little better for it.

Never feel you have to, to "fit in". Never feel like you "have" to make a big deal of it, if and when it happens, and never, ever, feel you have to get "pay back". 

To end, bomb or don't, but, never feel bad about either...and that's all I have to say about that :cool:
Nicely put. For the most part, your opinions hold true, but in a community of over 12,000 people, you'll always end up with some that don't follow what you've stated in your post. There have been those that have bombed for recognition, those that have bombed to work their way back into good graces, and those that have bombed in hopes they would be bombed back. While your reasons for bombing are admirable, you can't look at all things through rose colored glasses in hopes that everyone is doing it for the reasons you've stated. There's a reason this thread gets bumped on a regular basis and that's to remind people to stay in the true spirit of things around here and not to do something for personal gain.

I agree Jonsey and I get your point as well.

Trust me on one thing through. I haven't looked through rose colored glasses for my years...I wish they'd never been broken, life would be so much easier :cool:

smokem said:

Well put! I think bombing should be personal in that the reason for doing so is yours and yours alone. Like this place life is full of glory hounds and attention seekers. As an educator who has spent many days dealing with this type of issue I have learned that there can be reasons why a person acts in such a way and those reasons can be very important to that individual. However the most important thing I have learned is that the best way to deal with it sometimes is to ignore the back patting. Sometimes really small issues become unnecessarily complex issues because we over respond. A measured response is often a more accurate response.

Good God Man! Sometimes I can really get in my own way. Basically I agree, let the bombers bomb, let the attacks continue. Those who have good intentions will prevail and those who don't will surely fade away.

Just my 2 cents!