• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Are you bombing for the right reason?

I've got to be honest, when I first got here (and the few months that followed) I was afraid to send out a bomb. I thought that anybody I would send it to has probably been bombed before so they would probably "expect" something from a bomb. I read countless threads where the original poster thanked the BOTL for sending such a great and generous bomb and the way I took that was "thank you for sending such great (expensive and rare) sticks." I was hesitant to send anything out because I just didn't want to let anybody down in an effort to try to bring them joy. After having received my first bomb I've come to the realization that though there are some that do send great sticks (I was lucky enough to have someone go above and beyond), that's not what people really get excited for. Its the fact that somebody else (possibly someone you've never met face to face) took the time to do something nice for you, and that's something that doesn't happen very often in this day and age. It's the fact that someone read through your posts/profile to find out what some of your favorites are, and some that you may not particularly like. It's the fact that no matter what kind of day you have, when you come home and see that USPS package you know that your day is bound to get better. But when it all comes down to it the old saying "giving is better than receiving" rings very true when referring to bombs. I am very lucky to have found a community such as this and can't wait to build some of the friendships that so many of you speak of. Thanks for having me!

-Kyle

You got it, Kyle. One of the best bombs I ever got was a fist full of #9 Connies (~$1/ea)

I've got to be honest, when I first got here (and the few months that followed) I was afraid to send out a bomb. I thought that anybody I would send it to has probably been bombed before so they would probably "expect" something from a bomb. I read countless threads where the original poster thanked the BOTL for sending such a great and generous bomb and the way I took that was "thank you for sending such great (expensive and rare) sticks." I was hesitant to send anything out because I just didn't want to let anybody down in an effort to try to bring them joy. After having received my first bomb I've come to the realization that though there are some that do send great sticks (I was lucky enough to have someone go above and beyond), that's not what people really get excited for. Its the fact that somebody else (possibly someone you've never met face to face) took the time to do something nice for you, and that's something that doesn't happen very often in this day and age. It's the fact that someone read through your posts/profile to find out what some of your favorites are, and some that you may not particularly like. It's the fact that no matter what kind of day you have, when you come home and see that USPS package you know that your day is bound to get better. But when it all comes down to it the old saying "giving is better than receiving" rings very true when referring to bombs. I am very lucky to have found a community such as this and can't wait to build some of the friendships that so many of you speak of. Thanks for having me!

-Kyle

Exactly! The bomb doesn't have to consist of HTFs or high dollar sticks.

For me, the thrill comes from opening the mailbox and seeing that nice little package. I bomb others for the same reason -- to give them a taste of that high. :thumbs:

Bombs are about the thought behind it and the overall intent.

Bruce: I think the real question is are you dogging for the right beeson?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw this concept rear it's ridiculous head in chat. You just couldn't contain your cleverness now, could you Phil? :rolleyes:

You got it, Kyle. One of the best bombs I ever got was a fist full of #9 Connies (~$1/ea)

LOL. Those are great - I smoked one with yellow cello last week on back to back nights with a CAO MX2. The connie was a distinctly better smoke - better flavor, more complexity, just a great stick.

yummmmmmy. Connie #9 maddies are some seriously good sticks when found for those prices!!

Don

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I saw this concept rear it's ridiculous head in chat. You just couldn't contain your cleverness now, could you Phil? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you are talking about, there hasn't been a chatroom for almost 6 months.

237348388_737d80254e.jpg

A bomb doesn't even have to be cigars. I've sent out Russian Chocolate and juices I thought others would enjoy. The real reason to bomb is to bring a smile to someone's face and never expect a thing in return. You could have wrote that long ass post in just one sentence. LOL!!!

I thought this thread could use a bump with the recent discussion about posting addresses.

A bomb doesn't even have to be cigars. I've sent out Russian Chocolate and juices I thought others would enjoy. The real reason to bomb is to bring a smile to someone's face and never expect a thing in return. You could have wrote that long ass post in just one sentence. LOL!!!

The only two things I hope for when I send something out is: A) it arrives safely and B) they enjoy it. I also have a great time planning out the strike and trying to get all the stuff together. To reiterate what has been said many times in this thread (because it is important), the thought is what matters.

-Kyle

I'm game for resurrecting this discussion. I didn't read through all 15 or however many pages but this response above seems to summarize pure thoughts behind the act of giving.

When I first joined, George was kind enough to explain the ropes about posting bombs at CPass. It was different than my experience at another site. What he said made horse sense to me. If you post anything about a bomb, think about how others may feel when they read it. There's nothing wrong with a simple PM saying thank you. And even that may not be necessary depending on the circumstances.

The same can be said about any post, or anything said or done in the presence of others. The best and most concise definition of being a gentleman is asking yourself whether your actions edify those around you. The opposite motivation is too often the case.

Steve

Since we have another silly newb war going on again, I thought it was time to bump this thread to the top.

Wise words that deserve to be read by members new and old..

Shawn

Since we have another silly newb war going on again, I thought it was time to bump this thread to the top.

Wise words that deserve to be read by members new and old..

Shawn

You go girlfriend, a lil bumpage is a good thing.

I assume you mean my words about dogging for the right beeson

Not a dig at you at all Shawn, but I would have waited. I was just thinking last night that these guys really seem to get it this year. Might be to early to say, but just a feeling.

I like seeing the "new" guys get into it and have fun. Clear expectation is that it's NOT a "tit for tat" deal, nor is it buying cred on the board. What makes this board great is the genuine spirit of "pay it forward". Helping a brother out with some fairly priced HTF's....you guys know where it's at. I like nothing more than to find a guy that is pumped to smoke a stick I have a bunch of and slide a 5-er his way with no big fanfare. That's where it gets fun.... :cool:

IMHO - Not bad to bump the thread, need to be sure the expectations are clear. I've been bombed back to the stone age, so if I got ignored for a year or five, I'd be very OK with that..... :p

Party on, bros - B.B.S.

I can tell you without a doubt that this years newbs get it! Those of you who have been hit know what I am talking about!

Not a dig at you at all Shawn, but I would have waited. I was just thinking last night that these guys really seem to get it this year. Might be to early to say, but just a feeling.

Ditto- was on the radar for this and truely enjoy this round- this is the right reason.

Sorry I could not help. CP is a light in an otherwise smoke filled room.

This is a communitee that is truely enjoyed by many.

Pass it on.

Thanks Rod.