• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aristocrat/ Bob

cody5thou

Supporter
I wanted to place an order for an aristocrat the other day. Bob wrote me back and said that they were moving the shop and not taking orders at the moment. Found out today that he is supposedly closing down his shop. No more cabinets!!!!!!! Those that have them better hang on to them. Sad day!! I asked if he had any that were already built, but he does not. Someone said that he is just going to be selling the Rh/ temp control system

What is the next best cabinet.

I wanted to place an order for an aristocrat the other day. Bob wrote me back and said that they were moving the shop and not taking orders at the moment. Found out today that he is supposedly closing down his shop. No more cabinets!!!!!!! Those that have them better hang on to them. Sad day!! I asked if he had any that were already built, but he does not. Someone said that he is just going to be selling the Rh/ temp control system

I hate to hear that. I bought one a year or so ago and I’m very pleased with it and the humidifier.
Bob is always available and usually answers the phone himself.

Avallo, Matt is a pretty good guy. Vigalant is also an option.

Arlin Liss also makes heirloom humidors but he may be retired also. Depending on the size you are looking for in addition to an Aristocrat I also have an Elie Bleu that I use for singles. Ellie Bleu makes a very nice unit that will hold up to about 100 cigars.

Arlin's website says he is retired. Very few options left for large cabinet humidors.

I have two desktops and two winedors. Just wanted something to put everything in. I will probably just stick to aging boxes in a coolidor. Or maybe just buy another winedor.

I have two desktops and two winedors. Just wanted something to put everything in. I will probably just stick to aging boxes in a coolidor. Or maybe just buy another winedor.
That’s what I’m doing. Unless I stumble across a nice cabinet on the cheap locally, I’m just sticking with my large cabinet and three 165qt coolidors.
My next step plan is a walk in humidor.

I do hate playing cooler Tetris with a passion though.

That’s what I’m doing. Unless I stumble across a nice cabinet on the cheap locally, I’m just sticking with my large cabinet and three 165qt coolidors.
My next step plan is a walk in humidor.

I do hate playing cooler Tetris with a passion though.

Walk in is probably the best bet for you. Especially since your son is enjoying the leaf. I can only imagine your collection once your son gets a job and starts buying like his dad!!!

Ok. Buddy of mine talked with Bob. Here's the scoop:

He's having issues renegotiating his lease, which is expiring in a couple of months. Bob said that he just doesn't have it in him to move shops, which is about a 2 month process.

He and a couple of folks he has working for him are going to move to a much smaller shop and only sell humidification systems.

These two guys he's keeping will eventually run his company when he's done.

He said this retirement came earlier than expected, but that with his wife's travel plans for the both of them, it probably works out for the best.

When I am done with my walk-in, I will probably sell a few of my aristocrat cabinets... It's difficult to even think about because they are so beautiful... but they will just be sitting there empty....
When you're done with your walk in, I'd be happy to volunteer to attend the christening ceremony.....:cool: