• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Aromatics

Averyfilm

What I've been hearing lately is that in the cigar community aromatics are not very popular. Now I'm not saying I do not enjoy a traditional stogie, but lately I've been a huge fan of Drew Estates lines. The Acid nasty, the Natural Roots and Twigs. Also it's nice to have a tin of the Krush Classics around, because on campus it's nice to be able to enjoy a cigar even when you do not have an hour or so to devote to it. Of course this lines are targeted and advertised as the cigar of the young generation, I mean who doesn't ride around on a crotch rocket with a cigar in their mouth.

Let me know what everyone thinks about aromatics...
Forrest Avery

Edit: Also want to add that along with the Krush Classics another nice quick smoke are the Java wafers. Definitely a unique smoke.

I don't think about them at all.

Doc.

Oh boy.. here we go, this will be a fun to read thread..! Let the list of analogies begin..

If you like them, then they are good. However bear in mind the usually things with "flavors added" (coffee, tobacco, liquor, etc.) are done to mask the taste of the core components, which aren't quite as good as it should be. I think it's reasonable to say that these are considered the "wine cooler" of the cigar world.
Moki hit this one on the head.

I don't drink wine coolers, but lots of folks do. I don't enjoy flavored cigars, but if you do, more power to you.

The taste of finely cultivated, fermented, rolled tobacco is what I enjoy. Any added flavors just get in the way.

My $00.02 - B.B.S.

If you dont have an hour to devote to a cigar there are plenty of smokes that will take considerably less time. Some of the bigger brands even make non flavored cigarillos i.e. ashton, arturo fuente, macanudo. I have been smoking more robustos and such since winter started, these generally take less than an hour to smoke. Petite coronas and smaller vitolas also take less time to smoke. I personally do not like flavored cigars at all, I find them to be inferior tasting tobacco wise, which is why they are infused with flavors. Its all regular premium tobacco for me.

If you dont have an hour to devote to a cigar there are plenty of smokes that will take considerably less time...

'Tis true. We're told the Padron 1926 No. 35 got it's name from the amount of time it took to smoke one. And that's one helluva smoke.