• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Article on Cubans Freezing Cigars

Thanks for pointing that out.

There's been talk for awhile that they've been freezing prior to shipment. Seems like a good idea. In the grand scheme of things, it means squat, but the couple of times in the distant past that I've opened a humidor and found beetle holes have been distressing ones. Ironically or something, both times they were not Havanas that were infested.

"A supervisor said that 70 percent of all Cuban cigar boxes are opened and checked for quality, which includes tests for humidity as well as visual and manual evaluation. That figure seemed incredible to me, especially when the supervisor said that only 18 people work there – but my arithmetic has never been very good."

This seems like BS to me. No way they check 70% of the boxes.

Why would they institute a 70% reinspection rate? That makes no sense whatsoever. This would be intolerable in the manufacturing industries with which I'm familiar.

It would make more sense if they had parallel inspection at the time of boxing. Depending on the inspection strategy and features examined, this could run from 5% to 100% inspection.

Wilkey