• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Article on Padron 50 Humidor

JackSchwartz

Cigar Aficionado posted an article on the Padron 50th humidors.  Looks like price is going to be set at $6,000.  Also looks like only folks who purchase the humidor are allowed to buy the refill cigars.  

Eric 

I'm out.  

I did get me a 50th when I was at CI though so can't wait to try it.

oke&coke said:
I'm out.  

I did get me a 50th when I was at CI though so can't wait to try it.

You do realize it's a different blend than the humidor sticks, right?

I have just about lost interest in this cigar altogether. I was ready to drop some major coin about 2 months ago when they where going to be "released."

Now I'm sick of the posturing and nonsense. Moving on.

kona1000 said:
I have just about lost interest in this cigar altogether. I was ready to drop some major coin about 2 months ago when they where going to be "released."

Now I'm sick of the posturing and nonsense. Moving on.
Agreed!

So let's now focus on the $500 Davidoff Oro Blanco. Stick split? You want the cap or foot end? :)

Maybe you could take the even puffs and I could take the odd puffs?

It's hard to believe that Padron, just a week or two away from releasing the cigars and humidor, only now figured out what they're going to do with them.  A couple months ago I spoke with someone over there who told me price would be $5,000.  A few weeks after that someone told me price would probably be $4,500.  When I asked about the refill cigars, they made it sound like no refills would be available right away but they would eventually release them in 10-count boxes so that everyone would get a chance to get their hands on some.  Now the only folks who can get these cigars are the ones shelling out six grand for the humidor?  It just doesn't seem right only allowing a handful of people to have access to a "special" cigar.  I think that $500 Davidoff is a joke, but at least anyone willing to shell out the dough for one will be able to get their hands on it.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cheers,
Eric

Sad that a brand like Padron would do such a poor job of marketing and pricing an awaited cigar.

They could sell then 10 to a box and charge $75-100+ per stick, and people would still buy them up.  That would also allow folks like us to try a couple.

Sad to see a brand like this make mistakes like they are making.  Seems the "little hammer" is long forgotten.  Now they appear to be marketing to the uber rich, and not the folks that really know and enjoy their smokes.

They've only had like 49 years to figure out what they're going to do for their 50th anniversary, you'd think they would have had the final details hashed out by the IPCPR trade show this year, not a week or two before the release.

I totally thought they were going to eventually release the cigars in 10-count boxes, BBS.  With all the folks who support Padron, and have for many years, you'd think they'd give everyone the opportunity to get their hands on some of these cigars and not just the 1,000 who can shell out 6K for the humidor.  

I really hope they aren't becoming like other manufacturers. In the end, I guess it's all about $$$$.

And of those 1000 people how many will like it enough to buy the refill at God knows what cost.

tone-ny said:
Sad that a brand like Padron would do such a poor job of marketing and pricing an awaited cigar.

BlindedByScience said:

Sad to see a brand like this make mistakes like they are making.  Seems the "little hammer" is long forgotten.  Now they appear to be marketing to the uber rich, and not the folks that really know and enjoy their smokes.

bfreebern said:
I really hope they aren't becoming like other manufacturers. In the end, I guess it's all about $$$$.

I totally agree with you gentlemen. WTF Padron? - get your shiz together.

Holy cow, they just changed the price again.  Cigar Aficionado just updated the original article to say the humidors are now going for $5,300.  Get in now, they might be one million dollars by the time they decide to actually release them!

Sad. I'm Padron to the bone and would even buy a '26 just so I smoked one. I'd even buy a BBMF in a coffin for $50, but to do what they are doing does not speak well of their current character. Hey, we all believe in Santa, so maybe something magical will happen.