• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

As if I needed another reason to drink!

botl43

Just had a Trader Joe's open up down the road and a new Bevmo one town over.. Went down and spent fifty bucks on assorted selection of beer the other day. Starting to realize how little I know about beer.. Or How much I need to learn.. Hic-Up!

So how many of you heavy beer drinkers have certain glasses for certain types of beers?? Reading some of the stuff over on "beeradvocate." Finding it hard to believe someone would get into beer so much that they would have a full glass collection to go with there beer drinking habit.

Will be trying to educate myself on the subject to ask a few intelligent questions as I go along but for now, I havn't a clue... :blush:

I have every type of glass imaginable. The way I figure, if I'm gonna spend $10+ on a bottle of beer, why not have the correct glass to enjoy it to it's full potential? Plus, when you become "known" at beer shops, or make a large purchase, the owners will tend to give you free glasses.

Welcome to the land of Beer Geeks!

If they stock it... give the St Bernardus ABT 12 a go... I love this one.

Also try the beers from Unibroue such as Le Fin du Monde, Trois Pistole, Maudite etc ... really high quality stuff.

Also try the beers from Unibroue such as Le Fin du Monde, Trois Pistole, Maudite etc ... really high quality stuff.

Thanks for the suggestions... So far I've learned I don’t like chambly beer that much... :blush: If I wanted Champaign I would have bought it in the first place..

Can't list all the ones I've tried so far. but I'm learning.. The "Ruination IPA," was one of my favorite. Along with a couple other German beer's I got... Guess I'm going to have to start taking notes to sort all this stuff out... Hard to remember all the names..

"Unibroue Chambly Noire" I have a bottle of this. Says dark ale, so maybe Chambly doesnt mean Champaign beer? will pop it on my day off coming up to see what it's like.

Tons and tons of glasses and krugs

I'm even a big enough of a beer geek that I'll use a glass from a certain brewery with that beer :blush:

But for all Helles / Lager / Dunkel beer I recommend a pottery beer krug (stein) with a lid if possible.

Weizen / Wheat beer needs a tall glass with a wide enough mouth to drop the bottle all the way into the bottom to pour.

Pils needs a tulip or flute to taste right.

Drinking beer out of the bottle is ok if you don't have a glass, but a glass makes it taste the way it was meant to taste by opening the beer up to the air and allows the wurz to mix while pouring to form the head.

Again, Trader Joe's Vintage 2006, I beleive is a Unibroue, and was on sale for 4.99.

When you get to be my age gas becomes an issue. I always use a glass. Better to get rid of some of those bubbles by poring it into a glass, than suffer the rest of the day.

Doc.

Back