• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashing

Ashing on myself is just a part of my smoking a Cigar, I know it'll happen, and I just roll with it. Luckily for me it usually lands in my lap and due to the fact that I smoke on the patio I just brush it off and it goes with the wind. No harm no foul.

Yup...I only jump if the ash falls between my legs and lands on the furniture though. Having to buy a new chair for the livingroom, would eat up alot of money better spent on cigars.

I use my shirt as an ashtray.

I have some burn holes in good shirts to prove it.

I would not take one of them back.

I'd have to say 50/50 at worst; 70/30 at best. 50% to 30% missing the tray. Depends what I'm doing.

Oh ya I ash my self daily... blowback from a car window is the worst. Right back into my face.....

every single time I smoke. I consider it a badge of honor. My once lovely Powerbook, on the other hand has filed a restraining order against me.

I ash myself about 7 out of 10 smokes. The 3 times I don't I just consider it luck I didn't get dirty because they usually hit the floor or table. I actually burned a half ring into my wrist this past week-end form ash falling on it.

My problem is I have a slight case of "Ashaphobia"...I just can't do it, and i spend a decent amount of time while smoking staring at the ash. The minute I take my eyes off it BAM!!! ash all over me...

On me I apparently don't even notice anymore. After I'm done smoking, I look down and the majority of the time I've ashed myself. My laptop is a different matter. I immediately notice every little spec, and it especially irks me when it lands on the keyboard.

Ash happens. I think I am too lazy to put it over the ash tray.

This is #100 for me. I am going to double ash myself this evening.

If you don't ash yourself you are not trying hard enough!!

souldog..."the first time you lose your virginity"...can you lose it more than once? Let me know how that works, I'd like to try it on the wife when I get back home!! LOL

Cheers,

Tony

I always let the cigar decide when to ash. Nearly 2 years ago I was in the back yard sitting around a fire with some friends and the ash decided to fall on to my hand/thumb. I still have a scar about the size of a dime on my thumb.

All the time! they call me ash hole at my local B&M. I like to keep the ash on as long as I can since I find it burns cooler and the flavors hold up better IMHO

Well...........

I have to admit that I have a bad cigar faux pas.

I've only seriously smoked cigars now for a few months. I started out early in life smoking cigarettes in my late teens and early 20's. I stopped smoking for around 10years in my late 20's.

But my future-to-be brother-in-law got me smoking cigs and now I'm hooked, but I've kept a bad habit from my cigarette smoking days. Which was to constantly be "flicking" my smoke. I don't know how I picked up the habit.

But I find myself doing the same thing with my cigar, I'm constantly putting it over the ash tray and flicking it. Which is funny because the ash stays on it, so I'm not really accomplishing anything by doing it.

So slowly but surely I'm starting to not do that, because it's pointless, but I still usually get the ash off in the tray. But I did ash myself this morning.

I was smoking a Oliva series G Cameroon and I thought I was good to go, because it only had an inch of ash or so, but as I was going to put it in the tray it plopped on my belly. Hehe, I was on the deck without a shirt. :0

Dave