• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Ashton VSG

Devil Doc

When Death smiles, Corpsmen smile back
I picked up 10 VSG's yesterday at my B$M. This morning, I could not believe the aroma emminating from my humidor. I can't wait to smoke one. Must be patient. Now this, I believe, is a cigar worthy of my attention.

Doc.

The VSG's are some of my favorites. I look forward to hearing what you think of the line.

Patrick

Yep, the VSGs are one of a handful that I keep in my humidor.

I was given 5 VSG’s my friends uncle had in his humi for 5+ years now. There my special occasion smokes. Im sure you'll enjoy yours very much.

I just learned that the Montesino sungrowns actually use the same wrapper as the VSGs, but with OpusX binder/filler...for a few bucks less per stick. I think I heard that right but I could be mixing something up in there. Not to bash VSG's, I've really been wanting to try one as well! I also heard they are much better with a few years of age on them. But then again, what cigar isn't?? :)

Also one of my favorites! Devil Doc, which vitola did you buy? I have been tempted to order one of the new "Wizards" I believe the first round VSGs, in a 6x54.

ashtonvsgwizard.jpg

However, none of the local folks have them yet and they are a bit pricey to buy on-line with a one or two cigar limit.

Patience
ShowLetter.gif
patience...

I'm pretty sure the Wizard is also box pressed. The Original "Rounds" were released in 1999.

They sure look round???

According to HOLTs, Center City Retail Store (215-732-8500), one of the few places that actually have them, they say they are round and 6x56... see now, I actually need one...however-
209129.gif
all the humidors and coolidors are full!
laechel.gif

VSG are always a good smoke. Those are some of the lines I try keeping in the humi at all times.

Brewmiester, Corona Gorda. Went back today and bought 10 more :rolleyes:

Doc.

I've only had one VSG, but it was excellent. Looking forward to trying many more in the future.

I too look forward to trying these. I've enjoyed some of the other cigars from Ashton when in the right mood.

I just can't find these locally. Our reputable local really caters to the budget minded and the selection is generally not great for premiums and even in some cases not so premiums. The other locals all charge exhorbinant prices for EVERYTHING and are really not customer oriented.

I guess I'll make these part of my next internet order when the time comes.

The VSG is my favorite Arturo Fuente line. The Illusion and CG are my favorite sizes. I was lucky enough to try an Enchantment a few months ago, and wasn't at all impressed. It had very little flavor.

<thread_jack>
My local B$M gets about $8 for an Illusion (after taxes). Is there a good place to buy these online?
</thread_jack>

Very nice smoke. My local shops raised the prices a couple months ago, so I haven't bought any in a while.

bfreebern said:
I'm pretty sure the Wizard is also box pressed. The Original "Rounds" were released in 1999.
[snapback]268118[/snapback]​

I have a Wizard and it is not box pressed; it is round like the original releases.

Patrick

The VSG is my favorite smoke. I still have half a box of Illusions I'm trying to age, but I'm not getting very far with them.

Pyre said:
Very nice smoke. My local shops raised the prices a couple months ago, so I haven't bought any in a while.
[snapback]268233[/snapback]​

I think all Fuentes had a markup recently.

i had one last night as a matter of fact....reminded me of an opus's cousin. you can definitly taste the fuente influence in them. i had the robusto size (nm?) smooth burn, nice ash, gobs of smoke and that great flavor...mmmmm