• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

At what temp should port be served?

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
I was just presented with a bottle of 1985 Kopke vintage port as a thank you for helping someone.

I was thinking room temp or slighty cooled but wanted to make sure. My wife is all for mixing it with ice cold champagne in a flute, but I'd rather sip it straight.

Vintage port should be served at 60-65F

I guess going to have to try my wife's idea as well, it sounds pretty good, just not with a cigar.

No offense to you or your wife, wurm, but a 1985 Kopke should be enjoyed by itself at 60-65 degrees. If you want to try a Port Royale (Port with Champagne)go get abottle of Warre's Warrior, or other 20 dollar bottle, and enjoy. It is actually quite tasty. I just can not in good consience allow that to happen to a nice bottle. Same reason I can not allow friends to mix a 30 year vintage scotch with Coke.

smokelaw1 said:
No offense to you or your wife, wurm, but a 1985 Kopke should be enjoyed by itself at 60-65 degrees.  If you want to try a Port Royale (Port with Champagne)go get  abottle of Warre's Warrior, or other 20 dollar bottle, and enjoy.  It is actually quite tasty.  I just can not in good consience allow that to happen to a nice bottle.  Same reason I can not allow friends to mix a 30 year vintage scotch with Coke.
[snapback]259579[/snapback]​

lol yeah but thats the only way she likes port. I don't plan on letting her have very much of it :)

LOL. Sorry, I can be a bit (understatement?) of an alcohol snob at times. Don't listen to me...enjoy it any way you enjoy it. I even let a guy put ice in a Macallan 1970 once. ONCE.

smokelaw1 said:
LOL. Sorry, I can be a bit (understatement?) of an alcohol snob at times. Don't listen to me...enjoy it any way you enjoy it. I even let a guy put ice in a Macallan 1970 once. ONCE.
[snapback]259628[/snapback]​

:0 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Funny thing is I've never heard of a "Port Royale" and I've never seen my wife order one. But she was like "Oh Port! We used to drink that in college mixed with sekt." I met her after she had graduated :)

Roger that. I like just a tad cooler than room temperature. In most cases, this does in fact work out to 60-65.

Wilkey

smokelaw1 said:
No offense to you or your wife, wurm, but a 1985 Kopke should be enjoyed by itself at 60-65 degrees. If you want to try a Port Royale (Port with Champagne)go get abottle of Warre's Warrior, or other 20 dollar bottle, and enjoy. It is actually quite tasty. I just can not in good consience allow that to happen to a nice bottle. Same reason I can not allow friends to mix a 30 year vintage scotch with Coke.
[snapback]259579[/snapback]​

Whew ..... thanks for the intervention :thumbs:

:sign:

:cool:

There is no wrong way to enjoy scotch but some are better than others.

smokelaw1 said:
[snapback]259628[/snapback]​