• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATF Party, before and after...

I would advise you to avoid Taurus autos like the plague. They feel ok in the hand, and are priced right, but they are a trainwreck in the quality control department. I had a snub nosed taurus revolver that only lasted 10 shots before falling apart. And its a simple smith and wesson clone revolver. My local shop gets about half the taurus's they sell back to be sent in for warranty work.

For a good buy on a reliable auto, its hard to go wrong with a glock. You can find about any model they have ever made for under $500 if you look, and much closer to the $400 on the popular ccw models (19/23, 26/27).

I have to second this. My model 19 carrys good and has never jamed or failed. I have had it for 2 years now and have put probably 2500 rounds through it.

Yeah, I love Glocks. My buddy had one and it felt nice but his SW MP9mm feels fantastic, just a little large for ccw!!

Yeah, I love Glocks. My buddy had one and it felt nice but his SW MP9mm feels fantastic, just a little large for ccw!!

S&W makes a compact version. Get a quality IWB holster and you might be surprised how well things conceal. Your buddy who knows you carry calling you out is a lot different than someone on the street.

In years of carrying a 1911 government, I've only been made twice, and once was with a friend who knew and was specifically looking. Although large in profile, it's also pretty narrow and can press tightly to me. My body shape and clothing make it easier. The only problem is that it's heavy with a poor holster. A good holster makes all the difference.

In years of carrying a 1911 government, I've only been made twice, and once was with a friend who knew and was specifically looking. Although large in profile, it's also pretty narrow and can press tightly to me. My body shape and clothing make it easier. The only problem is that it's heavy with a poor holster. A good holster makes all the difference.

I can't stand glocks, they fit my hand horribly. But... there is no disputing they are a well loved brand. That is why there are so many mfgs that continue to thrive, different strokes and all that.

Also Wolfie you live in Berkeley now?

Gotta love the 500 for totally unnecessary power!! Every time I take mine to the range the flames and noise draw a crowd.

Ooooh, I wanna play!!!
IMG_5111.jpg

I can't stand glocks, they fit my hand horribly. But... there is no disputing they are a well loved brand. That is why there are so many mfgs that continue to thrive, different strokes and all that.

First thing I thought!
Wolfie?

PJ

First thing I thought!
Wolfie?

PJ

That's me, pretty much smack in the center of Berkeley for the time being. I am still working in Seattle and making it up there a lot more frequently these days, but Boston is in the past at this point. Berkeley does put a bit of a cramp in my CCW...hoping to buy somewhere a little more CCW friendly fairly quickly.

Edit: cleaning up my nested quotes

Speaking of slacking....this thread has much more talking than pictures of guns, booze, and tobacco. There is a problem with that ratio. I'll fix that tonight.

Speaking of slacking....this thread has much more talking than pictures of guns, booze, and tobacco. There is a problem with that ratio. I'll fix that tonight.

You're right, best submit my contribution. I exercise my right to brew my beer, in this case a ginger IPA, which I call Pale Redhead. Goes nicely with blackstrap rum and a squeeze of lime. I usually don't bother to label unless I'm sending it out or submitting for judging.

IMG_20110315_142918.jpg