• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Atkins Diet

Horse

Member 200
I joined my wife on this diet and have quickly lost 20 lbs as has she. I'm shooting for another 10-15 before trying to determine my keep-the-same-weight carb count.

Let the flaming begain :p

I am overweight myself, and I have though about doing something like that. I decided to go on a honest-to-god-work-your-ass-off-and-don't-eat-anything-tasty diet. Not working to well, but better than nothing.

Glad to hear it's going well for you.

Phil

Been doing it for 18 months now. I'll never go back. Thank God cigars are Atkins friendly :sign: :D

lucasbuck said:
Been doing it for 18 months now. I'll never go back. Thank God cigars are Atkins friendly :sign: :D
Care to share your sucess story??

I dont have a need for any diet yet... but if I were to ever do one, I would NEVER make it on the Atkins. I mean, no carbs?!?!?!?!?! Just shoot me.

Luckily I'm asian and we have the gene that eliminates fat. :p :sign: :p

vewyphishy said:
I dont have a need for any diet yet... but if I were to ever do one, I would NEVER make it on the Atkins. I mean, no carbs?!?!?!?!?! Just shoot me.

Luckily I'm asian and we have the gene that eliminates fat. :p :sign: :p
You F!@*#*%$*#( @(#*&@#!RD (Catch my drift :p )

LOL

I diod Atkins for a while a couple of years ago. Had the same rapid weight loss, but got to the point where I would have KILLED for a salad and a chunk of French bread!
I understand it's changed some over the past couple of years, less regimented, is that true? Although at 6'4" and 214, I'm not too worried about weight. :D

"Luckily I'm asian and we have the gene that eliminates fat."

WHAT Asian gene that eliminates fat!?!? :0 :p

I was on the diet about two years ago, and it was GREAT! ! ! I felt good, I ate like a king, and my energy level went through the roof. Lost weight and was NEVER hungry.

Getting ready to hit it again.

:D

I am at 194, down from 208 or so. I do not use the Atkins diet. But knowing your food, when you can eat certain foods, and what triggers you to eat food you shouldn't is the key. I have found a schedule that works for me. I am not currently losing wieght, but I am not gaining either. When I am underway I work out like a devil and lose 1 pound every 2 weeks. So hopefully when I get home from the next patrol I'll be around 190. My goal is 175, but I'll be really happy at 185. I look decent now and am healthy so it isn't high on my priorities.

Emo

I lost 65 lbs. in the first 6 months and have kept it off. Like GB says I eat like a king and have tons of energy. It may not be for everybody but I love it :) You should try it Phil. Let me know if you need any info.

I lost 16 pounds and have kept it off. I atribute some of my sucess to joining a gym at the same time I started Atkins.

lucasbuck said:
I lost 65 lbs. in the first 6 months and have kept it off. Like GB says I eat like a king and have tons of energy. It may not be for everybody but I love it :) You should try it Phil. Let me know if you need any info.
PM sent.

Thanks

I dropped 20 pounds in three weeks after last month's surgery, appetite was all screwed up. Not the best way to lose, but I've kept it off.

Hey guys, I've gotten tons of pm's from my posts here. I guess I should have posted about this a long time ago :0 Anyway I gotta run but tomorrow I'm gonna post on this thread with a ton more info and I'll answer all the PM's too. Sorry for the delay :( Let me just say in closing I have a small nutrition store specializing in low carb so I'm a bit of a guru. I'd love to help any of you guys out that are interested in the program. Wow, this is gonna be great. I can give a little back to the community that has given me so much :thumbs: :)

Cool Bruddah Craig! I'd be very interested to learn more about it and how it works!

Aloha,

Wade

one report i saw said it was better to be used by people who wanted to lose large amounts of weight. 80-100 lbs. or more.

hmmmm

well, i'm asian, and i'm a bit chunky.

i'm not quite on the atkins diet, but i try to limit myself to 300 carbs a day.

i'm not doing so well...
i cheat the system.

OH YEAH Horse,

I started it at the end of January of this year. I'm 5' 6" and should be 160 to 170 but I had gotten up to 195 to 200 and had to have 4" ADDED to my suits in the waist, geez. My tailor, who's this old Italian guy starts giving me crap, "You to young to be so fat, you gotta do sumptin'" Well, that was all it took. I had to pay about $200.00 to have the suits taken out in January but really enjoyed having them taken back IN 4" when I lost 26 pounds two months later.

The weight came off fast, I got down to 170 in about two months and no way can I go any lower, BUT even if I have a "bad" day and eat a bunch of carbs, I'll got up to 172 but in two days, I'm right back at 170.

I wish I could lose ten more but I'm happy where I am now, at least all my clothes fit again and I don't get winded walking up a flight of stairs.

It seems darn near everyone I talk to is on this diet. The Subway sandwich shops sell more salads now around here than they sell subs.

WoW! I really expected some flames over the Atkins diet/fad/craze.... lifestyle IMHO...

Glad to hear so many folks have tried it and found it to work. And I do believe that it can work for anyone, not just the extremely over-weight.

6'2" here..was 205.. small frame.. graduated high school at 6-2, 128#... college 135. Then middle age and metobolic rate changed. I had no business being in the 200# range. Couldn't do half the stuff I used to.

Anyway, no big story here about losing 100+ pounds, but it sure did do what I needed. :)