• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ATTENTION FOGS

Well, as much fun as it would be to entertain the Dr. and his assistant, Egor, I won't.

It's simple guys.........this is the way things are here and most of the cigar boards. Don't like that? Sorry, it's not gonna change. There is a pecking order, so to speak. If that bothers you then this is definitely not the place for you.

LC & Jingles,

Just take your lumps and get back in the pool. You can't learn to swim without swallowing some water.

Lord knows I've done my share of drowning here and will continue to do so. It's still the best place on the net to be if you like cigars.

This whole series of threads reminds me of a friend of my daughter who came over to my house to visit. He walks into the house, big old honking, lug soled boots - with dirt, grease, mud all over them - he sits down on the couch and props those bad boys right smack in the middle of the glass topped coffee table. Mind you, I've never met this boy before in my life.

Then this guy opens his mouth and opines on all of the vast wealth of knowledge he has about the things that I do for a living. This guy, some 17 year old genius, knows more about what I do for a living having spent the last few years watching TV and boning up on my work...

Even spends time talking about the car in my driveway - one that I really worked hard to put into the driveway... Goes on about how he belongs to this car club and he can "hook me up" with some great speed mods, stereos, graphics packages, etc. Let me take that baby for a weekend and we'll really fix that bad boy up!!! He's got friends!!!

My point is... First - he's a guest in MY house - the place I bought and am paying for... The place I spent years remodeling, working on, cleaning, etc. Drops his big ol' boots onto the furniture contributed by mine and my wifes hard work. Obviously with no regard whatsoever with the hard work it took me to put all of that together...

Secondly - comes into MY house and proceeds to tell me how he knows far more about everything I know and do because he has much more knowledge on every subject... Of course, I'm sure he could do my job better than me because he is infinitely more qualified... Screw the rules - screw the education - screw the experience - screw the dues paying - he's better than me.... This guy is in my house insulting my intelligence, my dedication, my experience, my qualifications, my generosity - hell, he just plain showed no respect for me whatsoever...

I gotta tell you - I was not a real happy camper with this guy coming into my house, trying to be the "A" dog... I don't know who he was trying to impress, but certainly it wasn't me....

LC-Smoker said:
Hey Jim - (or should I say Dr. Anderson) - Thanks for having our backs!

I think what we have here is very simply people on a power trip. You know, it's easy to act tough and boss others around behind the guise of a user name. My guess is that they were the ones that always got picked on growing up and now it helps them to think that they are in charge of something; even if it is just a chat room.

Either way, at the end of the day they just have to realize that they are powerless to back up anything they say and must go home, look in the mirror and face facts.

What I find truely funny is that the FOGs (with their wealth of 'knowledge') seem to spend most of their time in the lobby and not providing reviews or guidance to those actually discussing cigars!

Patrick
[snapback]167843[/snapback]​

So you've been here for a WHOLE week and made 10 posts? Woo Hoo! Let's celebrate. There's a little thing at the top of the page called a search tool. Use it and maybe you can see the wealth of information on this site.

There's this thing called 'it'.

Go look for 'it', cause you sure as hell don't got 'it'.

This is funny how easy it is to get under others' skin...

OK...Let's get back to the cigar talk.....

LC-Smoker said:

[snapback]167877[/snapback]​

Dopey newbies. There must be a school for 'em, you know, like clowns.
Good luck with that LC, getting back that is.

NA

LC-Smoker said:

What? This is all settled now? Did somebody edit out the apologies?

hudsonvalley said:
LC-Smoker said:

What? This is all settled now? Did somebody edit out the apologies?
[snapback]167880[/snapback]​

OK. Here you go. :thumbs: I've had a nice glass of wine and about to smoke a nice cigar. I've thought about some of the things I said and I realize they come across brazen. I apologize to any I offended, especially SamClemmons and MMM. This has gotten way out of hand (and that is partly my fault) and I take responsibility for the part I played in this.

Patrick, let it go. I appreciate your post but it didn't help anything. Your post about getting back to cigars is a good idea.

Guys, let's drop this now. You have my apology and even though it goes against my personality, I will not respond to any further flaming or baiting in the future in this or any other topic. I guess to survive here you just have to let some things go. Lesson learnt.

Cheers,

Jim

P.S. I'm too addicted to this place, couldn't even stay away more than 5 hours. :p

P.P.S. Rod, the new design looks great. :thumbs:

Reason #89 this place is more and more like being married again. I'm enjoying the single life too much to take part in this $hit.

Some funny things were said in this thread : :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERIKE THREE.

Let me tell you what's "with" me jingly.
Hey, it's cool with me... you certainly have my attention.... now your only problem is getting rid of it.
Whinning beeatches often take the stance that they have been wronged and must fight the good fight, yeah, you and The Black Knight... "come back you coward".

How about this, I post whenever and wherever I want. How about you PM whoever you want and I will post on the board. Say it ain't so... boo hoo... jingly dude don't respect me.... buwahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa. That's like being respected by monosyllabic drooler... puhlease.
Hey Jim - (or should I say Dr. Anderson) - Thanks for having our backs!
Ummm, CC, you on medication or something?
You hurt my feelings about the way I was in High School. I won't be able to look myself in the mirror tonight when I get home. What a f'ing loser I am.
"Thanks for having our backs!" Good Lord. Is he protecting you from something Patrick or is it just his turn in the hole?
So you've been here for a WHOLE week and made 10 posts? Woo Hoo! Let's celebrate.
Dopey newbies. There must be a school for 'em, you know, like clowns.
:laugh:

I just stopped by to post pad a little bit but I think I'll just go next door and see what's up. :whistling:

CAN YOU FEEL the LOVE BROTHERS!!!!!! Can I get an AMEN over here !

There are FOGs here who are helpful, and there are those who aren't. There are FOGs here who are great guys, and there are FOGs who are not. They are people, with all of the virtues and vices that go along with that. However, the test of time does sort out most blatantly bad behavior.

The point Sam was making was not that he knew all about you, but rather that he didn't know all about you. You may be a great person, or you may be a jerk: we don't know right now. Given that, you do in a sense need to prove yourself, if you expect to be granted the trust and help of people here.

My advice to you would be to relax; being antagonistic isn't going to get you anywhere...

benjiev said:
[snapback]167996[/snapback]​

Amen brudda. I said my piece (on the ISOM drama thread), and I think most agree. I was told by a FOG once, when I opened my mouth and asked what the deal was, he said, You've just gotta have some thick skin. If you don't you are out. Now we are cool. Jingles, move on, get over it. Who sings that "Why can't we be friends song?" :p

Seriously, glad it's all over :thumbs:

KayakinBoy said:
benjiev said:
[snapback]167996[/snapback]​

Who sings that "Why can't we be friends song?" :p

[snapback]168012[/snapback]​

That would be War Kboy :cool: