• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Attention Newbies!

Address has been there, finished adding full name. :cool:

Thanks for the advice. :D

PSTAN said:
Address has been there, finished adding full name. :cool:

Thanks for the advice. :D
[snapback]152266[/snapback]​

TE HE HE "Stand n' Fire" HA HA HA ya must NOT be French. A good French surname is "Tournenrun"

That explains your reluctance to put your full name in, :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

neener neener :laugh: :laugh:

coventrycat86 said:
Jim makes a great point :thumbs:

Once you're around for a while you can remove your address information because we'll all have it at that point anyway. :D

Some of us (like me) keep a spreadsheet with people's addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. ;)

I don't think there's an established member here who I do not have an address for :0

Anyone wanna bet we'll see NO members with a 163XX zip code in their profile :whistling:
[snapback]151746[/snapback]​

Oh great, CC's house gets raided and the cigar cops start picking us off in a big coordinated raid looking for"contriband" :0 :p

This noobler has his profile updated...Should I expect some FOG to send my a package anytime soon. In return to the gift, I have a great way to get some free stuff... :D :whistling:

AIP boys!

so even though I am way past the noobie requirements, can I still count as one?
am sure AVB has had scotch older than me.

:cool:

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
AIP boys!

[snapback]156283[/snapback]​

Much older than you! :p

Gregor

I've got scotch older than I am too. :p

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
AIP boys!

[snapback]156283[/snapback]​

sleepyjim said:
Fill out your profile, to include your addy and name.

If this aint done I aint got nothing to do with ya.

If ya do this though, you might find that some Fog send a mailing. Also this lets us or at least me, ensure you aint one of the F'in scumbags that keep reregistering with new handles.

Just my opinion...

Jim
[snapback]151653[/snapback]​

I already have my kids bitching at me that I'm giving out our name and address on the Internet doing the passes, etc. (because I'm always bitching at the kids for posting our information in the punk band, pedophile, whacko journal websites) They're gonna kill me if I do it in my profile!!!

In all seriousness - I've got to be a bit careful. If you knew what I did for a living, you'd know why I say it's not a real good idea for me to be posting personal information online that is google searchable... There are a few people who would LOVE to know where I live (not you guys, of course). One of my friends info showed up in a google search - and once it was there, it took forever to disappear... It's bad enough I gotta deal with the info whores like Lexus-Nexis...

I absolutely understand your suspicion, especially with Newbies - but I also understand your suspicions with Newbies. Not having been on the boards very long, I've already been burned. That being said, I intend upon building my reputation on this board one trade at a time. There are already some FOG's who know me through my trades, and as time goes by, others will as well. I think that just knowing the persons address doesn't make them a great trader. Understanding how to trade comes through doing trades, being flamed on puts/takes (and taking the flame as a training tool), and READING the previous posts. This is how I believe you develop relationships on this or any other cigar board. I also know it won't happen overnight. In other words, I'm in for the long haul, and only jump in on trades I know I can handle...

My suggestion to Newbies (coming from a Newbie) is to think and start small. Don't try and jump into the ISOM super-premium, rare collectable pass. You're gonna get beat down!!! Offer up a couple NICE smokes to someone who was nice to you on the boards. Get in the Newbie trade. Do a pay-it-forward to two. Don't go wild, but "accidentally" drop an extra stick or two into a package. It will all be repaid in the end. Most of the guys I've met so far have been great - they won't forget your kindness. And you shouldn't forget their kindness later!

Jim - I appreciate what you are trying to say. I put in my info as much information as I felt comfortable posting. I have to say, I was a bit concerned putting as much information as I did, but I figure if someone is really looking for me, they'll already know (at least) I'm in the northern suburbs of Chicago. I also do encourage others to post as much information as they feel comfortable posting because it does help others to get to know you.

And Jim is right - if you can and will share your personal info - there will be these little "surprise" packages that pop up from time to time!!! (I've gotten them from others just by chit chatting on the boards - you don't want to pass on them!!!)

George

gg, thank you for that extra nudge. I was having doubts all along whether it is a good idea to post a full address publicly on the Internet, available for all to see. If it were limited to the good guys here on CP, I'd leave it. Giving all the bad guys the same access is what I don't like. Therefore, I have removed my address and keep it available for passers by PM.

In light of identity theft being the fastest growing crime, I urge everyone to think this over. Maybe the CP admins can come up with a safe way of making addresses available. Yeah, right. A save way on the Internet ???

A safer way would make me and a lot of other people very happy. The odd part that I have discovered is that when doing trades or purchases the other individual is asking you to provide your Add'y even though it is/was in the profile. I think just asking someone or someone that is or has traded, passed or purchased from you is ok with me that way you can also ask that person their opinion of how smooth it went.

What do you think Rod, can we limit access to profiles to people with logins? Is that already required? Quick check by me says NO. Can we change that?

On CU we have a member addy file, that is only accessible by members who have supplied their info. That keeps the whole world from looking.

Jim

I like that idea a lot. Just something that only allows the members to view each others address portion of the profile or a seperate section on the website for that information would be great.