• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Attn Members...

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I know a lot speculation has been going on recently regarding CigarPass, so I feel it's important I address some of the current rumors. First off, thank you all for your continued support and dedication to CigarPass.com, and for helping to make this website one of the top cigar forums on the 'net today!

While the thought of creating a moderating team has crossed my mind, I have decided against such a plan. One of the very unique things about CigarPass is that we are all adults, and as such, we should be treated as adults. There will be no moderating team, CP will continue to run as a self moderated community. That means, people are liable for their own actions, and it is up to the community to ensure everything runs smoothly. If a banning is in order, we will issue a ban. We have a very strong core group at CP, and we'd like to keep it that way.

CigarPass has grown dramatically over the past year. When CP first launched back in 2000, we were a small community where everyone knew one another. Today, with nearly 3,000 members, things have changed a lot. The idea behind CP has always been (and always will be): "Create a friendly online cigar community where those who have a passion for cigars can communicate." Even though we have grown dramatically, our motto will not change. Think about what we're about for a minute... What other site do you visit where you can literally trade expensive items back and forth, participate in group buys, meet other members of the community in person (across the globe!), and so on? This group is pretty special, at least to me it is. Without a group of honest people, CP would be nothing. It would just be another general discussion forum where there is no real human to human interaction. I know it's easy to get carried away sometimes, but if we take a moment once in a while to think about why we're here, this group will only continue to grow stronger and stronger.

Thank you again for your support to CigarPass. If anyone ever has any suggestions/comments regarding the site, please feel free to email me (contact form located on the homepage).

Best Wishes,
Rod

Well said Rod.

The new site looks :thumbs:

Brian

I for one am glad to hear it.

:thumbs:

NO JOKE A++++ site and community.

Recently ventured elsewhere to get my cigar BB fix and i just cant handle anywhere but here. Rod, Thanks for all of your efforts and clearing up the mess. I hope to one day be able to call my self a FOG or be part of the elite inner group.

Again Rod A++++ and lets keep this biatch running FULL SPEED!

You gotta be doing something right, the place is growing by leaps and bounds!

Group hug!!!

Glad to see CP back up and running.

Hey Rod, what's with all the "V"s I see on the board? In a thread with more than 1 page I see something like "3 pages V" and then on the far right I see "Options V"

This reminds me too much of alien invaders:

6303101178.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.gif

Well said and good call, Rod. My short time here at CP has taught me more about cigars, - and the great BOTL's out there who enjoy them, than I ever thought possible. Thanks! :thumbs:

CP is a truly unique community...I visit a lot of message boards (my bookmarks list is about a mile long) to advertise for my site, and I can say cigar pass is certainly the tightest knitted cigar community on the web. Everyone here is quick to defend each other, destroy each other, lean on each other, and occasionally kill each other, but the mix of emotions and the love of the leaf keep this community as it grows larger, also tighter and tighter every new member that joins.

Thanks Cigar Pass
Ian Hannah

Rod, thanks again for creating a place for us all to meet.
This is a wonderful community and I am glad to be a part of it. :thumbs:

I have a question... how come everyone keeps calling you Rod, when your name is Ron?? ???

Glad the site's back up. And although it jacked up my computer and caused me a morning lost to running virus scans and re-booting, perhaps that couple days without the site was a good timeout for everyone to just sit back and relax a little. Things around here have seemed a little tense lately, and it will be good to get back to sharing the love! :D :sign:

The skin just changed to the default shit skin. I guess the missing buttons/links for posting messages is being worked on. Go Rod go!

Wow, I did miss this site...but now I've fallen back off the wagon and feel much better. And Ron, it looks great! :D

Nate