• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Australian Cattle Dogs

Petthefish

So is anyone else owned by a cattle dog? We have had Lucy just under two years now we got her when I first started to get sick the doctor thought it would be good for me to have a dog and I have to tell it has made a change in my life. She is Loyal and is a big time daddies girl. But she is to smart for her own good. Anyone that has been around Cattle dogs knows what I am talking about. I have had dogs growing up but never have I had one that has become a part of the family like this dog. She Truely is a blessing for us. So anyone else have a Cattledog? Here are a few pics of her. Rp

Just a few months old
4741114244_7464ed8247.jpg

She always wants to know whats going on!
5405209472_35bc0b0b37.jpg

Christmas 2011
6548429043_ec065c8da7.jpg

Not a cattle dog, but my 14yr old dog was a pound puppy that I was told was a Border Collie. As he got older he didn't look at all like any Border Collie I had ever seen. Turns out he shows a strong resemblance to a Groenendael, Belgian Sheepdog. He used to "herd" the neighborhood kids when they played in our yard and would actually nip at their heels when they tried to break off from the group. One of the greatest dogs I've ever owned and loyal family friend for many years. Love the working breed dogs.

My wife and I have a yellow Lab puppy (16 months). He is as much a part of our family as if he was a kid. He follows me around, rarely leaving my side as i move about the house and is equally attached to my wife. I can walk him better off leash then i can on leash. Best looking and behaved dog in the neighborohood, and that comes from other dog owners.

I have a A.C.D, just over a year old and his name is Zero. He is a mini, which obviously doesn't get as big as a normal A.C.D... Your dog Lucy looks pretty. We have been thinking of getting Zero a female Red Healer for a friend to play with. I can TOTALLY understand your point about being too smart. We taught Zero how to "ring the bell" on the backdoor handle when he needed to go out and relieve himself. He is such a smart dog that I even taught him how to open the fridge in just 2 days. Next step is "get me a beer"... :laugh: We are so happy we have him in our lives.

gallery_13416_1483_41152.jpg

gallery_13416_1483_25765.jpg

gallery_13416_1483_38775.jpg

Nice looking pups fellas.

Next step is "get me a beer"...

I taught a buddies golden to do this consistently in one day, and the fridge was in another room. The trick is to give 'em some grip on the beer or you'll have many dropped (shaken). I used a sock.

Heelers ( blue and red ) are great dogs but have a tendency to round up the kids, chickens or anything really because they love to work. Kelpies and collies are pretty much the same, intelligent and flat out chasing and chewing things. You could go a long way to find a more faithful family pet. I applaud your choices of dogs guys.

Heelers ( blue and red ) are great dogs but have a tendency to round up the kids, chickens or anything really because they love to work. Kelpies and collies are pretty much the same, intelligent and flat out chasing and chewing things. You could go a long way to find a more faithful family pet. I applaud your choices of dogs guys.

Thanks She is really a blessing. She is known by the kinds in the hood as the dog that herds them. I think the best thing she does is keeps the house cats in line. If they get on the table the counter or some place they should not be she is right there trying to make them get down. rp

My dog will not leave my cat ,Mason, alone when they are in the house together. My cat is a big (in/outdoor) tabby cat that when he has had enough with my dogs antics, goes after my dog and whips his a$$. The only time they get alone is when they are sleeping...

gallery_13416_1483_88728.jpg

Great thread. Our male Australian shepherd mix is notorious for nipping at the nieces when they're bounding around the house. But at 105+ lbs. he isn't the quickest on his feet. :) And the cat rarely gets away with anything, unless she's beatin' on him. I swear I've never seen a cat own a dog that big!

Faithful and pack oriented, but like you said, WAAAY too smart for their own good. I can't do anything without him right there in it... But I wouldn't have it any other way. :D