• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Authorized Habanos dealer(s) in Cancu

I agree Anthony. It just doesn't seem copesthetic for a member to call another member out for a trangression of which they themselves are or were guilty. PM would have been more ideal and then Jeff could have edited his post to reflect the reason.

Whatever the case Jeff, Gary is correct that you should edit the second post to include the link rather than the pasted info.

Please provide a linky regarding this implication.

Here you go

Let's see, January 2009...over one year ago.

You need to try a little harder my pet!
wink.gif

Where was I calling him out...or are you just trying to stir up the dust?

Your pet? No need to attempt to patronize me Gary. You've committed the same sin, as have I, as have a few others in this thread. It's as plain as day. I didn't realize there was a statute of limitations on infractions at CP!? Who cares if it was a year ago or 3 years ago.... it happened. If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure those same rules were in effect a year ago. Though there do appear to be many around here as of late, I think one of the last things anyone would refer to me as is a dust stirrer.... just merely pointing out the obvious.

Where did I call him out?

As for the 'my pet'...it was more a joke that came out flat in 2D...my apologies.

No need for apologies but accepted nonetheless. As for "calling him out", you're just playing semantics, and misdirection. Call it what you want but you and everyone else know exactly what I mean. I think this could have been handled differently. If you still believe that you handled this the best way possible given the facts on the table then we just agree to disagree. That's all.

DO NOT DISCUSS CUBAN SOURCES/RETAILERS

DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR SOURCE VERIFICATION

DOING SO WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT

just saying...

I don't think he was trying to obtain info to purchase and import into the US. His question was to assist his 'friend' as to how he can obtain quality smokes, 'ISOM's', while in Cancun. Which I am sure you know is legal for those that reside in that country, for those here traveling abroad, I know it's not. Is this type of activity monitored? It is not, so most do it. I have seen many posts here at CP where one comes to find out where a reputable dealer can be found in another country to purchase when one visits said country and not much is said about that. They are simply and most often pointed toward the 'LCDH' website and it ends there. At no point are they instructed of the 'Bold Printed Red Sign' above. So I don't see why this post has any relevance to this topic, sorry. Now I can understand if he posted about assistance with trusted sources, a big NO NO
ohmy.gif
, but that wasn't the case.

RyJ,
Your best bet is to look at the La Casa de los Habanos website, which you have already done, and go from there. Just do a search and you will see what I am talking about.

It's easier to just not discuss ANY source whatsoever. It's better for all parties involved, especially CP since in the end they would pay the price for us discussing ANYTHING Habanos related.

There is no excuse for discussing sources, no matter who it's for...

Totally understood about the discussion of sources, but come on, 'ANYTHING Habanos releated'. Is it me or is there not a 'Cuban Cigar Forum' somewhere on this site? It's discussed daily....

I guess you answered your own question, all the information is available by searching CP! Why do you have to ask what shops are in CanCun? DrewCali answered this a month ago, do a search, see the thread if it still doesn't answer the question. Post to that thread and get more feed back.

No need for apologies but accepted nonetheless. As for "calling him out", you're just playing semantics, and misdirection. Call it what you want but you and everyone else know exactly what I mean. I think this could have been handled differently. If you still believe that you handled this the best way possible given the facts on the table then we just agree to disagree. That's all.

Actually, I was truly looking at it from the stand point of 'no question mark' was listed.

The 'source' issue didn't come to mind.

just saying...

I don't think he was trying to obtain info to purchase and import into the US. His question was to assist his 'friend' as to how he can obtain quality smokes, 'ISOM's', while in Cancun. Which I am sure you know is legal for those that reside in that country, for those here traveling abroad, I know it's not. Is this type of activity monitored? It is not, so most do it. I have seen many posts here at CP where one comes to find out where a reputable dealer can be found in another country to purchase when one visits said country and not much is said about that. They are simply and most often pointed toward the 'LCDH' website and it ends there. At no point are they instructed of the 'Bold Printed Red Sign' above. So I don't see why this post has any relevance to this topic, sorry. Now I can understand if he posted about assistance with trusted sources, a big NO NO
ohmy.gif
, but that wasn't the case.

RyJ,
Your best bet is to look at the La Casa de los Habanos website, which you have already done, and go from there. Just do a search and you will see what I am talking about.

It's easier to just not discuss ANY source whatsoever. It's better for all parties involved, especially CP since in the end they would pay the price for us discussing ANYTHING Habanos related.

There is no excuse for discussing sources, no matter who it's for...

Totally understood about the discussion of sources, but come on, 'ANYTHING Habanos releated'. Is it me or is there not a 'Cuban Cigar Forum' somewhere on this site? It's discussed daily....

I guess you answered your own question, all the information is available by searching CP! Why do you have to ask what shops are in CanCun? DrewCali answered this a month ago, do a search, see the thread if it still doesn't answer the question. Post to that thread and get more feed back.

In that case, they should modify the above with:
"If you are traveling abroad in any way, shape, or form, then do no ask for locations to purchase ISOM's or any other cigars because that would be considered sources."
Or something to that nature because it will upset the natives. People on CP travel all the time and ask for such things in threads and to me it seems if you are known by some but not others then it becomes un-kosher to do so becuase there is an underlying theme to the post as a whole. It happens and has happened in the past.

Actually, I was truly looking at it from the stand point of 'no question mark' was listed.

Actually, I never named you as a member 'calling anyone out' in my initial post. You just responded first. :whistling: ;) If you look, your name only came up in that post as being correct about your suggestion to link the info.

Actually, I never named you as a member 'calling anyone out' in my initial post. You just responded first.
whistling.gif
wink.gif
If you look, your name only came up in that post as being correct about your suggestion to link the info.

I didn't know who you were referring too, that's why I asked.

Then you linked to a post by me. So, you were just randomly making a comment about a member calling someone out?

...Tone, your e-Penis is need in the Cigar Lounge!

Actually, I never named you as a member 'calling anyone out' in my initial post. You just responded first.
whistling.gif
wink.gif
If you look, your name only came up in that post as being correct about your suggestion to link the info.

I didn't know who you were referring too, that's why I asked.

Then you linked to a post by me.

...Tone, your e-Penis is need in the Cigar Lounge!

I'm just going to report the threads to Rod and let him ban individuals on their own merit!

whistling.gif
wink.gif

I didn't know who you were calling out, that's why I asked.

Then you linked to a post by me.

I wasn't calling anyone out. I linked to a post of yours only because you asked for one. There were several others I could've linked to had I been asked by others.

My friend bought me back this barber pole Cohiba back from CanCun is it real?

just saying...

If this is what was considered the calling out let me clarify:

This was posted in the lounge, not the Cuban cigar forum where it might have been relatively ignored by the international membership active there.

You're new here. You may be trustworthy and just a plain nice guy, but very few here have had time to learn that.

You got snarky with G1 right from the start.

You have to understand the rules to break them. "Hey, anyone know of any good cigar shops in..."

And yes, it has all been discussed before. A simple search would have given you your answers.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...but since Cancun was brought up I figured I would share some funny info lol.

Just got back from there early January, but did not purchase any...you knows...because of the fact that I didnt think bringing them back would be a walk in the park. I enjoyed my time there, yet accepted the fact that I would be returning with empty pockets. As I walked through customs at Los Angeles, with a backpack and cooler that is duct taped shut (beacuse of various beverages that were bought at cheaper prices lol) all I got from the customs lady was "Any food or drinks?" "Nope" I said. She smiled, stamped my passport, and told me to have a good night. I WAS WHEELING A COOLER THAT WAS DUCT TAPED SHUT! And she didnt even ask to look inside, nor had the cooler been opened any other time during the loading/unloading customs process. I almost laughed in here face, not becasue of anything I had done, but because of the things that others must deffinantly be doing.

So much for the taxes we pay to support "Homeland Security." I guess all you have to do is look like a good person and you get by, even if your wheeling a cooler full of booze that is duct taped shut through customs :)