• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Avallo Accumonitor Humidifier Review

Hey guys I wanted to share a recent issue I had today with my Avallo to help you guys from a mini heart attack. Well here in Derry, NH I loose power a lot in my house and my old humidifer would need to be turned back on after a power outage so when I first lost power with the Avallo I was happy to see it auto starts back up which is great incase I'm ever away on vaca or something. Anyway I lost power last night and since it auto starts and I don't check it right after the outage anymore I didn't even think about it. Well on the way out the door this morning I heard the fans running and just thought it was normal operation but when I got home from work today I heard them still running and checked the humidity. This is where the mini heart attack hit. It was at 75% and the Avallo Setting was at 99% I immediatly paniced and pushed the down button a bunch of times and got nothing it sat at 99% I unplugged it and plugged it back in and still 99%. I called Matt from Avallo and he was very helpful he said to hold the down button for a min. becuse when the monitor is originally built the factory default on the chip is a 200 setting so with only a 2 digit readout when pushing the down button I don't see the decrease till it hit 99 and started to decrease from there. I set it back to 65% and everything tested great.

I hope this makes sense and helps you guys out if you have this issue,

Paul

Very good to know. Thanks TP.

First, where the heck,are the baby pictures?

Second, I guess with that cabinet that if a gang of us dropped,over to,visit you should have enough cigars available?

Sweet system.

Paul, thanks for the heads up. I go away and on vacation alot and have my neighbor check on my humidor when I'm away and vice versa as he goes south for the winter. We both have the Avallo's.

First, where the heck,are the baby pictures?

Second, I guess with that cabinet that if a gang of us dropped,over to,visit you should have enough cigars available?

Sweet system.

What baby picures? You guys had a baby?

Wow what a nice system thank you for showing us.

Big Puff :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Tall Paul said:
....I lost power last night and since it auto starts and I don't check it right after the outage anymore I didn't even think about it. Well on the way out the door this morning I heard the fans running and just thought it was normal operation but when I got home from work today I heard them still running and checked the humidity. This is where the mini heart attack hit. It was at 75% and the Avallo Setting was at 99% ......
Just a note to say that I purchased an Avallo in Spring of 2014, and use a Johnson A419 for temp control. The way that works is a probe is placed inside the wineador and then the wineador AC line plugs into the Johnson. The Johnson kills power when the Tstat is satisfied, and when tstat calls for cooling turns AC back on to the wineador plug.

This has been working fine for about 6 months and have had no issues from killing power. The avallo retains the most recent setting.

Don't know if there is a software upgrade that will allow Paul to no longer have the problem.

If upgrading the software/hardware turns out to be expensive, and most of your power outages are just a few minutes in duration, why not put the Avallo on a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) battery backup instead?  Even a small UPS would be enough to keep the electronics running happily for awhile if the fans don't need to start running while the power is out.

CamoSutra said:
If upgrading the software/hardware turns out to be expensive, and most of your power outages are just a few minutes in duration, why not put the Avallo on a UPS (uninterruptible power supply) battery backup instead?  Even a small UPS would be enough to keep the electronics running happily for awhile if the fans don't need to start running while the power is out.
Damn decent suggestion....