• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Agreed this movie was amazing, especially in 3-D I will be seeing this again for sure.

Saw this yesterday in 2D, as the 3D tickets were sold out days in advance for the weekend. I honestly think this is one of the best movies I've yet seen.

I found myself completely forgetting that it was CG. To me the quality and detail of the 'animation' absolutely blows all previous films out of the water. Even on the regular screen, non Imax3D, I felt totally drawn into the world of the film. It just seemed THAT realistic.

Absolutely amazing.

Well I went to see it yesterday (it was the hubby's 2nd time). While it was a little Dances With Wolves (which I hated) and Ferngully story-wise, the effects and just the sheer beauty and visual of the movie was outstanding. If you do see this movie, go see it while it is on the big screen. Your own TV will not do it justice...at least not the first time.

Melly

Okay, special effects aside, I thought this movie was terrible. The "Dancing with Smurfs" plot has already been over done and the "characters" are more like hilarious charactures. The Colonel is an outdated stereotype even now, let alone 150 years in the future. And EVERY military member in the movie is an insane killer with no regard for morality or law?

James Cameron, like most of the rest of Hollywood, is an anti-military douchebag. This movie was an insult. He's no better than Michael Bay as far as churning out hours of film that seems more like a bukkake-of-stupid than an actual enjoyable flick.

Rant off...

The effects were very cool...

The Colonel might be a stereotype in the Air Force but I've certainly seen that type in the Corps and the SOG. I believe that the story line said the soldiers are not military but mercenaries hired by the company which would explain the lack of morality.

The Colonel is an outdated stereotype even now, let alone 150 years in the future. And EVERY military member in the movie is an insane killer with no regard for morality or law?

Saw it last night in 3D, I was shocked to walk in and 75% of the seats were filled 30 minutes before the movie. My recommendation is if you see it in 3D sit in the middle/middle, I was at a good height but sitting on the far right next to the stairs made some of the 3D look funny.

I saw it last night and was blown away. My wife, and our two friends that went with us all agreed that it was an excellent movie and one of the best we'd seen in a while. The 3d was amazing (speaking of which, I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland in 3d!), and the CGI flawless. Overall, 8 big thumbs up from us!

The Colonel might be a stereotype in the Air Force but I've certainly seen that type in the Corps and the SOG. I believe that the story line said the soldiers are not military but mercenaries hired by the company which would explain the lack of morality.

The Colonel is an outdated stereotype even now, let alone 150 years in the future. And EVERY military member in the movie is an insane killer with no regard for morality or law?

Fair enough... I saw him as a bit of a caricature, but I'm lucky enough to work with a slightly different breed in the real world, so a lot of my joint experiences are different than someone's in "Big Blue". As for the mercenary thing, that could explain a whole lot. I must have missed that; I thought I heard they were Marines, ala Aliens.

Even though I didn't like the story, the effects were nothing short of revolutionary. Utterly breathtaking and tremendously imaginative.

I must have been cranky this morning when I ranted... not enough coffee at that point I suppose. I stand by my shot on Michael Bay though (even though he's known as very pro-military)... the time I spent watching Armageddon and Pearl Harbor are 4+ hours of my life I'll never get back...

......The Colonel is an outdated stereotype even now, let alone 150 years in the future. And EVERY military member in the movie is an insane killer with no regard for morality or law?
My wife and I went yesterday, and agree with your comment. Yeah, it's "just a story" but as a proud Marine dad, I thought the caricature of the commander and the troops were quite a ways over the top. Of course, if they hadn't been given the "green light" by evil capitalist, they wouldn't have attacked, right...??

But, at the end of the day, it is "just a story" and a story that gets told over and over. The 3D and the visuals were breathtaking and state of the art.....I'll leave it at that.

Regards - B.B.S.