• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

B&M's have to do better....

You know i think it has to do with the place. I went to JJ Fox in london today and could not have had a better experience. So i don't know why some are better then others.

There is a place like that in KC. I went in one time looking like someone that been on the street a few days. We drove nearly 100 miles to get some cigar and let me tell, what an experience. We head in and into their walkin which is pretty good. Finally a gentleman in a 3 piece suit comes up to us like a vulture on a rotting piece of flesh. At this point I had been smoking cigars for years and the look he gave me just put me off so I look at him and I said. "I'm not looking for this crap on the shelves. I want the good shit."

Yeah, I said this. I had been to this shop a few times at this point. Of course my friend looks like a hippie so that probably didn't help matters worse. So he asked me what I was looking for. I said stuff like Opus X. Next thing I know he is opening up some lockers and pulling stuff out. I started grabbing the higher end stuff and tallied it all up to be around $400 or so. We go to the counter and pay. We cut our cigars right there and walked out. My friend also spent like $300 as well. We never went back as that attitude of judging people by the way they dress just puts me in a sour moved. As we left I said this is the last time you will see us.

Now intro to the Outlaw thanks to OpusXKC. I was floored by the staff so I go back there. I only shop at 3 places in the USA aka B&M shops. I will order once in a blue moon from Holts, CI, or JR if they have a good deal I am looking at. Other than that...only 3 shops get my money as I prefer the experiences and connections I've established there.

Of course I buy and trade on CP. :love:

Just saw this topic, don't know how I missed it. I have to say I love the B&M I go to. They can't beat the prices we are offered here, but hey.. They are in Ridgewood NJ. Its a family owned store, parents and two sons. They are great people. Very friendly and polite, from the first time I walked in. All I can say if you are ever in the area don't miss the opportunity.

St. Louis

I have been in St. Louis for the past six months, will soon have the little lady here and be calling it home. I have been a life long resident of the Detroit Michigan area, and can tell you the service with the B&M in this area is out standing.

Not only does one of the B&M have movie night, LOL for the guys. He also brings to the table the New cigars to had out for review. With the guys sitting around he get a good feel if he is going to add a new mine or not. NICE :thumbs:

I have also found the guys like to make getting out and having a social smoke a monthly event. I have been add to two monthly cigar dinners to attend. Each group is from a different B&M all very nice.

If it were not for the Local shops I would not have found these good people I have been associating with in the area.

It's nice to move to a location and feel welcomed.

All from good customer service from a local B&M

Not to mention there area a couple good OLD BOY'S in the area. :sign:

I'm female and have been snickered at in a BM. Fun. Makes me want to return to spend my cash. If they want to compete with the lower prices of online retailers - they HAVE to provide better service. It's that simple.

I've had a mix of experiences at B&M's. There are is one in Jackson, MS that has a great selection but not the friendliest of staffers. I haven't been treated badly just semi-ignored and one in Memphis that I just feel uncomfortable in. The one that I frequent has a friendly owner and good selection. The best places I've been to are in Birmingham, Al and Arlington, TX. Both recommended by people here. In each case the staff was friendly and inviting. The people in Birmingham have a somewhat separate lounge area that they took me to, and introduced me to the regulars sitting there. I will definitely go have a smoke there next time I'm in town.

I have very limited experience with US B&Ms but have had a decent experience with a shop in Great Falls, MT. Not much in the way or service, as they were almost more of a gift and trinket shop, but they had a large well maintained humidor with a great rare selection. The staff although not really knowledgeable in cigars were polite.

I had a great experience in Tulsa, OK at a shop. I spend a few afternoons there during a business trip and was welcomed by name after the first visit. Management was great to chat with and in fact invited me into the private lounge. They were also very knowledgeable recommending me some great smokes that I would not have given a second look otherwise.

Of course my major experience has been with Canadian shops and there really is no comparison to be made.