• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baby on the way...

MAS_Puros

Me as a wee one with my bottle of Abyss
Ok guys on my way to hospital to hopefully meet my son got the first time.

I wanted to see what was your celebratory cigar when you son/daughter was born? And maybe share your experience...

Still not sure what I will smoke yet

Thanks guys
Mike

Pardon 1926 40th anniversary with some pappy van winkle. Congrats!

Congrats to you and your wife Mike! I have no kids so I can't weigh in on that.

Paul

In fact get two or three and save a couple for the first couple of birthdays. That'd be cool

Oh I misread the first post. I have no kids either but that's what I would smoke. Sorry :)

Congrats on your first, I have two that are almost out the door. Whatever you choose will work, its the date that will be memorable not the cigar. Good luck.

Congrats to you and your wife Mike!

When we got home from the hospital after my last child was born, my brother brought over BBQ for us to have for dinner and then we smoked some Travis Club Senators. That was before I found out about "good cigars". It was not planned for my brother to bring supper, he was just being thoughtful and even with the bad cigars, it was great spending the evening with my brother talking about how good life was. I will never forget that evening.

No matter what you decide to smoke, it will make a great memory.

Congrats Again
Alan

Congrats Mike!  I had a Padron Milly and Westy 12 when the first child was born, nothing memorable with the other two.

IDK but good luck! I'll be watching for suggestions, as my daughter will be Joining us in a few weeks!

When I had my first youngin' I had a "It's a boy!"

Congratulations to you and your family.  :thumbs:  I have no dog in this fight, but I have thought about it for the future, and I believe that may be the only reason to break open the L.P. "A" . Dig deep Mike, and smoke something good - that is, when you get the time ! ;)

Congrats!  I wasn't smoking cigars when my kids were born, but I would imagine I would have smoked something special from Padron, or Fuente.

I wasn't smoking when my kids were born so I didn't have a celebratory cigar at that time.  I think if it were now, I would probably get my hands on a Casa Fuente Corona Gorda, or something else from Casa Fuente.  For you I would just pick out whatever favorite you have or maybe whatever you have been saving for a special occasion...this is that time.  Congrats!! :)

Thanks all ... Still playing the wait game. Wife is doing fine, still waiting on this stubborn boy!

I will post a pic first chance I get

Congratulations on the birth of your child. What an exciting time.

I was not smoking 22 to 34 years ago when all mine were born.

I think something in the Fuente line. Need to give this more thought so if and when

grandkids arrive.

Again, congratulations.

I wasn't really smoking when my first daughter was born 12 years ago, but I remember going out and getting a box of tobacco shop machine mades (Phillies, maybe?) and affixing a computer printout sticker with all the new baby stuff on it.  Handed them out to just about everyone I knew.  I still have one of them in my  accessories humidor.  It's all dried out and crumbly, though.

I see the little guy was born yesterday.  Hopefully Mike will find time to update this thread.  Congrats again, Mike!