• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bacon Explosion!

Well, with no NASCAR race this weekend, I thought I'd tackle this baby and try er' out and then when the fellas come over for a race weekend, I'd have the technique down........ :D :thumbs: :p

on the BBQ board i frequent we call those fatties. and that one is very very well put together! Much better put together than mine. I use a mix of breakfast sausage and hot sausage. Spread that out put in Egg, cheese, salsa and onion. Roll it up with bacon thorw it in the smoker for three hours and YUMMM. one thing to remember if you are doing this for a party you can make it that morning throw it in the smoker pull it out, wrap it in Tin Foil, Then wrap it in a couple of blankets and throw it in a empty ice cooler. It will stay hot for hours!

We are having a birthday party this weekend...well 3 of them on one day to be exact. I wonder if its too cold to run a smoker....this could make a great appetizer! But then i would have to go buy a smoker lol.

Anything that starts with a bacon lattice has to be good. You could stuff that with just about anything and it would get instantly better.

bacon-3.jpg

It's that time of year again!

Time to clog the arteries with another Super Bowl Batch!

Who's on board this time around?

Last year OpusXKC told me he made one with venison sausage that was amazing. I still haven't gotten around to trying it myself.

I am way ahead of you...
This year's version I went with hot pork sausage, crisp fried pork roll inside and after I par-cook it to add the BBQ sauce on top...I have 6 (frozen) sharp cheddar cheese 'spears' I going to slide in from the sides before baking it off.

I hope everyone that tries it this year took their baby aspirin this morning!

:thumbs:

Mine's in the oven as we speak. :) I used 1lb mild Italian sausage mixed w/ 1lb sage sausage.

got brave today and made this for the first time, it gave me the Itis :D it was so delicious. we did 2 pounds of applewood bacon, 2 pounds of hot italian sausage, some jalapenos, and some onion! also glazed it with some bbq sauce. :thumbs:

Just had to top this wonderful thread. I have completed the prep work on this and have it wrapped up in the fridge overnight, then will hit the oven tomorrow mid-morning for a family get-together. It will make an excellent appetizer/snack while the prime rib is cooking later in the afternoon.

Here's the pics:

001-1.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

I'll be sure to get an "after" picture tomorrow once it's cooked.

That looks really good, but id rather try Epic Meal Time's - "The TurDuckIn... "

YouTube 'Epic Meal Time' and check it out.

It was the hit of the party. I owe it all to Sweet Baby Ray's and that killer garlic dry rub from The Salt Lick in Austin, TX.

The thing about it that I don't think folks realize is that it was really easy. Maybe 30 minutes of prep, then throw it in the oven, bbq, smoker or whatever your choice and leave it alone until it's done. All I really did was add more bbq sauce after it was done and throw it under the broiler for a few minutes to brown it nice.

001-2.jpg

OK...Bacon Explosion ingredients have been purchased. Between Ray's BluBacon dip and this...I bought 4lbs of bacon for 2 dishes. I'm going with Andy's BBQ sauce choice and trying Sweet Baby Rays...but the 'Sweet & Spicy' version...the rib rub is always my home made version. Going to add some chopped onion, roasted pine nuts, and a few sticks of sharp cheddar cheese to the inside with the cooked bacon. Switchin' it up this year!

OK...Bacon Explosion ingredients have been purchased. Between Ray's BluBacon dip and this...I bought 4lbs of bacon for 2 dishes. I'm going with Andy's BBQ sauce choice and trying Sweet Baby Rays...but the 'Sweet & Spicy' version...the rib rub is always my home made version. Going to add some chopped onion, roasted pine nuts, and a few sticks of sharp cheddar cheese to the inside with the cooked bacon. Switchin' it up this year!

My mouth is watering when reading this.... but my heart is also struggling to pump blood thru my body as wel! :laugh:

Sounds good gary!

Paul