• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bad beer news

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
I have really fond memories of Rolling Rock, damn near grew up on the stuff. It will turn into crap now for sure once AB gets hold of it.

Story here.

I have really fond memories of Rolling Rock, damn near grew up on the stuff. It will turn into crap now for sure once AB gets hold of it.

We should hold a wake. Damned fine lager.

I've never been much of a Rolling Rock fan ... I find it a bland lager needing more malt and hops.

Sure, it might be better than budlight ... but thats not its competition around my house (more likely PU or Prima Pils in the Pilsner category).

I don't know if this is such a bad thing for RR and RR drinkers. First of all, it's not like RR was an independent brewery. They were owned by InBev-Labatt since 1987. Labatt is one of Canada's biggest breweries. Secondly, I think A-B has done well with some of the breweries it has purchased or partnered with, (unlike Miller which absolutely killed Shipyard IMHO). Beers such as Long Trail family from Vermont and the Red Hook beers from Washington have not been tainted by the big A-B corporate environment and the beers are getting distributed faster and arrive fresher. Bottom line is, if you like RR now, you will probably not taste the difference down the road. Rolling Rock is not a complex beer by any means. Sean nailed it on the head, it's a bland lager lacking both malt and hops. It's primary ingredients are corn and rice which account for that lack of flavor. It's going to be hard to screw it up! I used to drink Rocks by the dozens and I thought it was the Cat's Ass. Once I started drinking micro-brews I thought it tasted like cat's ass! (Not that I know what cat's ass tastes like. :laugh:

drink miller lite, much better than rr! imho! :cool:

Actually bad beer news would be if AB bought out Yuengling Brewing Company. :( :angry: