• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baghdad BOTL WELCOME HOME Herf!

:laugh:
Brickhouse and I just showed up looking for High-n-tight!

:D :D

I'm here........but TASMAN you really should have logged off the computer in in the hotel lobby... :laugh: :laugh:

But don't worry, I didn't do anything deviant... :whistling: :whistling:

See ya in a few...

Now you be careful at the herf HnT. You know how LtCol's hold their pinky out when they drink and I wouldn't want you to catch it on somebody's shirt :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Looking forward to the herf today, though I need to drink some more water. Last night was a bit rough on me :p

Who says you can't drink alone in your hotel room until 1am?

Now you be careful at the herf HnT. You know how LtCol's hold their pinky out when they drink and I wouldn't want you to catch it on somebody's shirt :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm not your typical LTC... :)

I am truely humbled by what I experienced yesterday at Tobacco Road.....simply amazing.... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Oh and I left my German Beer Stein there on purpose.....now I have to go back there again...and again...and again..... ;)

I could never express how all the BOTLs made me and the 589th Gang feel. I now just hope that you express the same gratitude you showed us to the troops who are now deployed. I will try to find BOTLs assigned to The First Team (1st CAV DIV) to benefit from all your generosity and maybe we could do this aqain next year in THEIR honor.

Thanks again for everything.

Now I'm off to EnFuego Tobacco Shop; but first have to stop by and get armor plates for my car. :laugh: :laugh:

DAMN IT!!! :angry: I wished I would have seen this! I definitely would have made the trip out to! :angry:

Man...please post some pics bros
~Mark

No words or post can fully do justice to what we experienced yesterday.

It was an unbelievable time, most fun I've ever had smoking cigars easily.

Most fun I've ever had with cloths on for sure.

It was also great meeting vin#, stand up guy for sure. Thanks a ton Mike and Tobacco Road, it was fabulous. Looking very forward to En Fuego today and meeting Mark.

I think Mike has pictures incoming, I'm sure he'll post once he has them.

Totally lost for words! :D :thumbs: :0 :D

I will post more after today's event!

They came; we gifted, they gifted, ate some chow, drank some beer, smoked some sticks, enjoyed some lovely 'eye candy'.

Just another typical 10 hour HERF celebrating those who served us well.

"Heroe's here, there & forever!!"

'twas in deed our pleasure.

harpu

Welcome harpu. How 'bout doing an intro and filling out your profile.

And SWISSY.....the Salmon was just Fabulous and the box you sent....well lets just say the effort of opening it was well worth it (pics are coming). I cannot recall tasting a brew that good for a very long time.

You are a tremendous BOTL and we are very grateful for your generosity.

We will NOT forget you.... :whistling: :whistling:

:laugh: those outta be some good pics!!! I had seriously hoped to hand the box over in person but some damned fool with a gold badge thought it would be a good idea to get another certification for our fire dept. and the testing date was this weekend... so that killed the idea of heading down.

But then again, it might have been for the better... seeing the insides of the box, and you guys with your killer training, it might not have ended well for me! :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed everything - the beer is quite tasty, no? Just remember... I usually have a case or two laying around and it goes REALLY well out on the water fishing...

I wished I could have gone today, but I had some work to catch up on. I hope you guys had fun. I'm kind of sad I missed it. I was thinking about it all day. It was a blast meeting everyone on Saturday. :thumbs:

Gentlemen, welcome home. I’m glad you felt welcome. I enjoyed spending the weekend with you and meeting your very delightful wives.

And yes, there is a TON of pic’s. Between the professional photographer that came in for the early afternoon pic’s, the Taboo Girls’ photographer that came in later in the afternoon and the personal cameras, I’m guestimating about 500 or so pics to sort through. I’ll be getting one of the disks tonight and should be able to post some of them tomorrow.

Now, where to start?!?! It was such a great time!! The Baghdad BOTLs arrived around 12:30 and after we showed them around they made themselves comfortable while I threw the Salmon and Halibut that Swissy sent on the grill. (Jim, all I can say is WWWWOOOOOWWWWW! That was GOOD! Thank you). The chow was buffet style so everyone could smoke and eat at their leisure. Along with the fish there was Barbequed Brisket, Chicken, and all the trimmings.

Dean brought some amazing cigar box clocks and handed them out (and thank you for the WOAM that you stuck in mine) and Wyatt twisted my arm until I finally gave in and smoked a Shark that he brought along. :whistling:

Then I had the pleasure of presenting them with another gift that Swissy sent. I set a box on the table and challenged them with “You’re in the middle of the desert with nothing to drink for a hundred miles” then I placed a fork on top of the box and said, “Now, improvise”. It was a perfect example how the military chain of command works. MSG Dean “tasman” Parks and FSGT Rodney “Outlaw VII” Byus dug right in, LTC Kelly “high-n-tight” Sandifer assisted as needed to keep things moving in a positive direction while CPT Wyatt “Brickhouse” Bickett surpervised and encouraged with exhortations such as “ Wow, that looks like hard work”. After about 10 minutes, Rodney was able to break free the first of three bottles. About 5 minutes later, Dean was the proud owner of his very own bottle at which point Kelly demonstrates to us all why he is the LTC. He reached over and pulled the remaining block of hardened foam over to him, reached into his pocket and extracted a soldiers most valuable tool, a pocket knife with a bottle opener and proceeded to pop the exposed top of the remaining bottle and then lifted the entire block up to his face and began enjoying his prize. :laugh: Afterwards, they each shared with everyone around.

After more conversation and cigars my family made it to the shop and Wyatt said he had something for my son Matthew and called us all into the media room. He called Matthew up to stand with him and then presented him with a unit coin for his help with OpFTH and his hard work in running the half marathon for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I was overwhelmed by it all. ( Sunday morning, Matt (who’s 17) pulled the coin out of his pocket and tossed it to me and said “You owe me a beer Dad” I looked at him and said “I don’t think so” I pulled my own challenge coin from my pocket and tossed it back to him and said’ The way I see it, You owe ME a beer.”)

The girls of TABOO showed up a few hours later and….well…there are some cigar girl pics coming at you. After they had been there for a while they taught BargoPrincess (who just turned 6) how to do the runway walk, it was priceless! I had to leave after that to go do the HO HO HO thing so I’ll leave it to the Baghdad Brothers to fill you in on the rest of the evening and anything else I missed.

IT was a great time and pic’s will follow soon! Thank you Brothers and WELCOME HOME!

Welcome harpu. How 'bout doing an intro and filling out your profile.

Just another shy wannabe newbie. I've put up a little something in the profile to please the seasoned bloggers.

I found these two pic’s my on phone. I’m not really sure how they got there. (Funny, I don’t remember anyone brewing up any of AVB’s George Washington egg nog. :whistling: )

MeandmyCigargirl.jpg

Bargogirl and Me

GrouphugatEnfuego.jpg

Group hug at Enfuego-
L to R is High-n-tight, preembargo, Bargogirl, Brickhouse, tasman, Outlaw VII, Mrs. Outlaw VII,
Center front- Pile o’ Pepin’s

You were very much missed Brandon but yes, Santa does understand.