• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

band or no band

aeroswat

I was just wondering how ya'll smoke your cigars, with or without the band. me personally i smoke withought band so i can smoke more.
Shawn

I leave it on so the heat warms the band glue which helps to prevent wrapper tear

I leave the band on until about halfway down. then I delicately take it off. I then save them. You never know when your brother (who is a roller in a cuban cigar factory) is gonna send you some smokes :p

M. Gipson

I prefer the aformentioned person "banned" vs. "unbanned" :lookup:

MauiJim said:
I leave it on so the heat warms the band glue which helps to prevent wrapper tear
Hadn't thought of this. ???
Now I'll wait untill the band is warmed.
Thanks for the tip :D

Bill

I like to smoke right through the band! ;) I makes for a better burn. If there are burn problems, just slide the band down to where the problem is and it helps straighten it out! No problem!!!

Floyd T. :sign:

Horse said:
I prefer the aformentioned person "banned" vs. "unbanned" :lookup:
LMAO @ Horse!!!

With respect to banded cigars (as opposed to banned members :sign: ) I remove the bands 99.99% of the time.
I makes for a better burn. If there are burn problems, just slide the band down to where the problem is and it helps straighten it out! No problem!!!
Hey Floyd, ya gotta stop smoking them cheap cigars :D
I find I seldom if ever have burn problems with Havanas and I know Floyd is a fan of the dark side so like I said, your burn problems will almost all go away if you stick to a strictly Havana cigar diet ;)

gawntrail said:
I leave the band on until about halfway down. then I delicately take it off. I then save them. You never know when your brother (who is a roller in a cuban cigar factory) is gonna send you some smokes :p

M. Gipson
Yeah--- what he said :p

i hold my cigars around the bands to keep my fingers from smelling funny. usually i smoke to the band then put it out.

I smoke them with the band on primarily because I can identify my cigar when I put it down and walk away to go get a drink, etc...at gatherings. once I get to the point where the band needs to come off to smoke the rest of the cigar that is when I remove it. The glue has a had a change to loosen up making it easier to remove.

In the event where I get an aged cigar that the band slides easily, I'll leave it until time to remove and slide it on wife's finger like a ring...:)

Rnccen

rnccen said:
In the event where I get an aged cigar that the band slides easily, I'll leave it until time to remove and slide it on wife's finger like a ring...:)
awww how cute :p

JonB said:
rnccen said:
awww how cute :p
Have to keep the wife happy if I want to still enjoy cigars ....:)

If it's an aged stogie (or any loose band) I take it off right away so it doesn't slip around. If not, I'll light er up and remove the band as soon as practical without damaging the wrapper. I prefer band off...

-K-

I leave the band on until I have to take it off.