• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bash the tobacco!!!

I've got just one word for you guys...

1. Butera
2. Butera
3. Butera
4. Butera
5. Butera

OK so that was one word five times so I guess oyu get the point.

Ellman said:
AVB said:
Ellman, I didn't send him any Legends in the fiver. The Regents have more kick then the Master's maybe he'll like those. ???
Phil are you sure it was a Master and not a Expedition, Expedition is mild then Grand Reserve ,Master Select , Royal Salute , Regent, and Legend in that order IMHO
AVB had written on a piece of paper and attached that to the cello. I am pretty sure that it was a masters select but I would have to ask AVB to be 100%. I am going to smoke EACH one that AVB sent me as to give Ghurka a proper chance.

On your other question, nope I havent had a legend. But if you say they are a bit stronger/more flavorfull then I suppose they are worth a shot. I'll be looking for one or two.

Thanks for you thoughts bro

Phil

gatorsmg said:
I've got just one word for you guys...

1. Butera
2. Butera
3. Butera
4. Butera
5. Butera

OK so that was one word five times so I guess oyu get the point.
There was a philosophy teacher at my college calle Giuseppe Butera, he was universally hated. COincidence?

yes.

the buttera isn't a horrible smoke. it wasn't what i was expecting. kind of one dimensional.

still better than a la finca.

I did send a Master's Select, if you don't have one in the pack I sent then that is what you smoked. They were all marked on the cello.

Acid Blondie
Belinda
IT Whorepower 150 (yeah, I'm the guy)
And while I wouldn't say I hated it, I was disappointed in my first (and only) LGC.

Onyx haters - I'll trade for the Reserve Toro, #4 or mini beli if you have any.

statelandman said:
Acid Blondie
Belinda
IT Whorepower 150 (yeah, I'm the guy)
And while I wouldn't say I hated it, I was disappointed in my first (and only) LGC.

Onyx haters - I'll trade for the Reserve Toro, #4 or mini beli if you have any.
I had a Belinda ammo cabinet that wasn't bad at all.

Man I keep seeing cigars I don't hate on everybody's lists!

AVB said:
I did send a Master's Select, if you don't have one in the pack I sent then that is what you smoked. They were all marked on the cello.
Yep, That is deffinetly what I smoked!!

;) Thanks AVB!

Bat_Chief said:
Hey Jonathan!

:lookup: Would it be in bad taste to bomb you with La Fincas so you could be let in on the terrible little secret?

If anyone wants a La Finca bomb, I'M YOUR MAN!
I actually enjoyed the last La Finca that I had ... but no one ever accused me of having good taste!!

That said, I can't really answer this question. Except for a few bad smokes from cheapie bundles, I can't say that I hate anything that much.

I DO stay away from Lars and Acid, having never smoked one I'm not too keen on trying them out. I almost never buy anything now without reading several people's opinions on it.

coventrycat86 said:
Drew Estate Natural Egg
puke.gif

What a ridiculos cigar THAT was!! Whoever dreamed up the idea that you can actually smoke one of those things should either have his head examined or be congratulated for making me feel like a complete idiot for beleiving that nonsense!!
I've developed a rather morbid curiosity now... if anyone wants to unload their Drew Estate Natural Egg's on me, I'd really like to try one. :)

(what can I say, I like train-wrecks)

TheBeast said:
SamGuss said:
You know for those who don't like but have La Glorias and Onyx's in their humi's I can smell a trade coming on ;)

Sam
What I'd like to know is:

1 yr. 4 1/2 months later,is SamGuss still looking to trade for Onyx and LGC's? Or has he become a snob? Hmmmmmmm.....LMAO. :p
:lookup:

I hate discriminating evidence :sneaky:

Since this thread has been brought back up let me just say that I am removing that trade offer... ???

Sam

My top 5 cigars that suck are:

1. Don Tomas
2. LGC's for sure suck!!
3. Perdomo #2 (someone sent it to me!!--yuck)
4. Onyx Reserve
5. Sherpa

Must controll emotions.....whew.....breath.....woooosah....

Ok for the Onyx bashing I'm going to give the benefit of the dobut in that they are bashing the OLD Onyx blend, not the newer ONyx Reserve blend......right guys?.......right? Say it isn't so.

Well as always another's man dog rocket is another man's favorite smoke. Some enjoy and love the Onyx Reserves (Me, and especially the person who has the band as his avator) and some just don't like it.

The 2 bad cigars I smoked were

Partagas Black (It probably wasn't bad, but it made me sooo sick and green so to me I will stay away from this cigar)

CAO Eileens Dream Petite (It tasted like burning, and I could not taste any of the "chococalte white truffles" and what nto on the wrapper. Just burning tobacco.

My guess is the bad Onyx most are referring to here are the regular line, not the reserves. The standard Onyx are surprisingly bad.

Holy digging up old threads there Blair!

1) Perdomo2 (squared)
2) Acid
3) Lars
4) Don Tomas
5) pending

-Matt-

JonnyKu said:
Must controll emotions.....whew.....breath.....woooosah....

Ok for the Onyx bashing I'm going to give the benefit of the dobut in that they are bashing the OLD Onyx blend, not the newer ONyx Reserve blend......right guys?.......right? Say it isn't so.

Well as always another's man dog rocket is another man's favorite smoke. Some enjoy and love the Onyx Reserves (Me, and especially the person who has the band as his avator) and some just don't like it.

The 2 bad cigars I smoked were

Partagas Black (It probably wasn't bad, but it made me sooo sick and green so to me I will stay away from this cigar)

CAO Eileens Dream Petite (It tasted like burning, and I could not taste any of the "chococalte white truffles" and what nto on the wrapper. Just burning tobacco.
Well Johny, as you aren't alone in your astonishment of those who hate the Onyx. As I understand it, part of that lies in the fact that it is a rather pungent and stale tasting cigar. It's just power-power-power with little to not variation in flavor. I use to hate it when I puked my guts out once, but that probably has somewhat to do with the rason why you don't like Partagas black. I've heard and read from some reliable sources that no matter what the strength, what will make you puke is poorly aged tobacco that was rushed into production. At a minimum, you get the taste of ammonia, at worst, you puke. Now take from that what you will, some people will disagree that a strong cigar can't make you puke, but it's all in the eye of the beholder. In my case, I was under the weather, had an empty stomach, and all that culminated in a "perfect storm" scenario for a bad smoking experience.

Back