• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Bash the tobacco!!!

1. La Flor del Ecuador (like shit)
2. Guantanamera (also shit)

That's all I can remember.

Wow! Nobody has an opinion on this thread! Hahaha.

I actually like the Onyx Reserves, and they burn quite well after a few months of aging. I have never considered them an overpowering cigar, matter of factly, I find them to remain in the medium bodied category. La Gloria Cubanas made the lists too? surprising:)

I used to really like Upmanns, I think the only reason I don't anymore is because they are too mellow, but for the most part I remember them being pretty good cigars.

Okay top 5 I'm haten on are:

Puros Indios-rancid ugly little Fers!

Baccarat

CAO (except ironically I did once have a CAO black once that wasn't half bad)-I think this line is one of the most overrated lines around.

Perdomo

Padron 1926 Serie! I hate them!! They cost so much and are so delicious!!! :)

Oh, I know bundles weren't supposed to make the list but get this. I was in a cigar shop and the guy had La Unica's in there that he was selling for $5.25 a stick! LOL!

Holy cow, some of you guys are picky picky picky! ;)
If you hate em that much, I would gladly help you get rid of em. :blush:
I guess with a great deal of experience and exposure, one's taste will evolve to some point of perfection or whatever.
Maybe my taste is totally indiscriminate. I can't think of too many cigars I really really didn't like, except for some Thompson stuff. I honestly can't ever recall tossing a cigar.

Holy cow, some of you guys are picky picky picky! ;)
If you hate em that much, I would gladly help you get rid of em. :blush:
I guess with a great deal of experience and exposure, one's taste will evolve to some point of perfection or whatever.
Maybe my taste is totally indiscriminate. I can't think of too many cigars I really really didn't like, except for some Thompson stuff. I honestly can't ever recall tossing a cigar.
I can! :laugh: I remember hurling a CAO Brazilia off my balcony about 3 years ago after having let it rest for about 6 months before trying. My girlfriend at the time was astonished that I someone would quite literally open their balcony door and chuck a cigar like it was a baseball out into the lawn 3 stories below! LOL.

Lord knows I havent developed any perfect palate!

How many of you are put off by a particular brand of cigar if you know what it is ahead of time? I'm curious because I've seen people get bombed unbanded smokes of stuff they profess to hate, but when they don't know what the cigar is, they don't hate it as much or in some cases even love the cigar they claim to hate.

How many of you are put off by a particular brand of cigar if you know what it is ahead of time? I'm curious because I've seen people get bombed unbanded smokes of stuff they profess to hate, but when they don't know what the cigar is, they don't hate it as much or in some cases even love the cigar they claim to hate.

I am definitely guilty of that. Sometimes the prettier the band is, the better it tastes... :laugh:

But slowly I am starting to be able to pick up the subtle flavors and am close to determining what exactly I like and do not like in a stick.

I am definitely guilty of that. Sometimes the prettier the band is, the better it tastes... :laugh:

But slowly I am starting to be able to pick up the subtle flavors and am close to determining what exactly I like and do not like in a stick.

A lot of times, the more expensive the brand, the harder they are to hate... But hell, I gotta judge cigars with extreme prejudice. They don't grow on trees, ya know.

Connie's
Perdermo edition de silvo
Any natural or claro fuente in the regular line
Don carlos
Don Thomas special edition..........had 12 and none smoked properly,it is possible that the flavor is ok,if I could get one that smokes easy.
Gurkah Vintage from CI....rancid crap of a smoke!(I dont like any of the cheapy Gurkahs).
I hate indian tabac naturals.

This is a great question and a valid point. I have a good buddy who has been smoking cigars for quite some time as well. Every other week or so we give each other an unbanded cigar and evaluate it on construction, appearance, burn, flavor, etc. It takes any pre-conceived notions, price, marketing hype (thing ESG) and magazine ratings out of the question. That being said, my top five are as follows:

1. Acids
2. Lars Tetens
3. Camacho (only the Liberty, IMHO, was decent at best)
4. Cohiba Red
5. Te Amo

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. So I don't knock $2-$3 sticks. And I do bid on sticks at Cbid. With that being said... there is one cigar that I have to list in this thread.

Bahia Gold.

I'm hoping I got a bad batch, because this cigar is horrible. Has a sour musty flavor that is predominant through the first half of the 2 cigars that I have smoked. I don't know about the second half... I couldn't take it. I only tried the 2nd cigar as I thought the first had to be one of those bad seeds. These sticks on an average sell for the better part of $7 ea.

WHAT A RIP OFF.

I disected the second half of the second stick. The lingero has this mildewed old rag stinch. I can't believe anyone would like this stick in any capacity. I have 2 left if anyone thinks I'm an idiot, and likes this line. I have also thought of writing to Tony Borhani so I could send him one of these for him to smoke and see what he thinks. I am curious to know if this is what he put on the market, or it's actually something that should have been shit canned.

Fast4Dr said:
WOAM
BTL
Anejo
VSG
Opus X
Mikey, if'n you don't like those, all you gotta do is ask for my snailer :p

Okay new guys, THIS is just one fine example of why he got the "puromooch" moniker. :laugh:

JonnyKu said:
Must controll emotions.....whew.....breath.....woooosah....

Ok for the Onyx bashing I'm going to give the benefit of the dobut in that they are bashing the OLD Onyx blend, not the newer ONyx Reserve blend......right guys?.......right? Say it isn't so.

Well as always another's man dog rocket is another man's favorite smoke. Some enjoy and love the Onyx Reserves (Me, and especially the person who has the band as his avator) and some just don't like it.

The 2 bad cigars I smoked were

Partagas Black (It probably wasn't bad, but it made me sooo sick and green so to me I will stay away from this cigar)

CAO Eileens Dream Petite (It tasted like burning, and I could not taste any of the "chococalte white truffles" and what nto on the wrapper. Just burning tobacco.
Well Johny, as you aren't alone in your astonishment of those who hate the Onyx. As I understand it, part of that lies in the fact that it is a rather pungent and stale tasting cigar. It's just power-power-power with little to not variation in flavor. I use to hate it when I puked my guts out once, but that probably has somewhat to do with the rason why you don't like Partagas black. I've heard and read from some reliable sources that no matter what the strength, what will make you puke is poorly aged tobacco that was rushed into production. At a minimum, you get the taste of ammonia, at worst, you puke. Now take from that what you will, some people will disagree that a strong cigar can't make you puke, but it's all in the eye of the beholder. In my case, I was under the weather, had an empty stomach, and all that culminated in a "perfect storm" scenario for a bad smoking experience.

And HERE is a perfect example of why ole Scotty is probably the biggest dork to ever post on a cigar board. :rolleyes:

Upmans have lost any appeal
...interesting. Got a box of Mag46's that I think are pretty yummy.

I find it interesting that in this thread, often when someone says "yuck" someone else says "send them my way". Says a lot; personal preferences being what they are, etc..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Upmans have lost any appeal
...interesting. Got a box of Mag46's that I think are pretty yummy.

I find it interesting that in this thread, often when someone says "yuck" someone else says "send them my way". Says a lot; personal preferences being what they are, etc..... :cool:

Regards - B.B.S.

Upmann ISOMs are amazing...Upmann n/cs are a pitiful excuse for a cigar.

Me I will smoke just about anything handed to me... of course after half a bottle or bourbon...One place I will not go is Acids

My Hated Five:

1. Lars
2. Acid Kuba Kuba - the one and only I have tried and it is SHIT.
3. Baccarat
4. Astral
5. pending

These are the ones THAT SUCK!!! There are plenty of others I don't care for (not to my taste), but these four are truly awful. Icky. Gag a maggot. The number five slot is open at the moment, and with any luck, will stay that way.