• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Herf, Thread for plans and roster

So this is just an idea, but what if I just got a whole hog to cook and brought that??? I know we've been talking about ribs etc, but I make a damn good whole hog! Just an idea.

I'd still cook a couple briskets as well.

I will only speak for myself, but I would much rather has baby back ribs.

If anyone has an extra 1-2 person tent I can use please drop me a PM. I have one on order but it looks like it won't get here in time. And no, I do not camp that often. ;)

UPDATE: Looks like I am all set! See you all on Saturday...

So this is just an idea, but what if I just got a whole hog to cook and brought that??? I know we've been talking about ribs etc, but I make a damn good whole hog! Just an idea.

I'd still cook a couple briskets as well.

Whole pig is good with me. :D :D :D

You're doing the cooking, your choice of what to cook..

Whatever is the easiest for you to deal with Erick.

here is the deal guys. First of all, I promise that what ever I end up making, you will all be happy. "Its all good"

The problem that I'm running into right now is this weekend's timing is kind of ironic. We have sold our house (in a very short period of time) and we have to move into our new house next week. They did the inspection on our house yesterday and gave us a decent sized list of things that have to be fixed before we start moving out on Tuesday. So leaving for the weekend now is kinda crazy. If I cook ribs for the 40 or so people that are going to be here, I literally will need 2 nights of prep time, which leaves me with very little time to play Mr. Fix It. I don't mean to change plans on everyone, I'm just running out of time to get everything done. So if everyone approves, then I will do the whole hog. If not, I will make the ribs.

Either way, I plan to enjoy myself this weekend.

Erick,
Whatever you do the guys will be happy. Do what is best for you. As long as you make the herf, and get done what you need to get done at home. No one should complain. And if they do we will just throw them in the river. :whistling:

There're ribs on a hog so that works for me.

Erick - by all means do the hog. Good news on the house being sold so quick. I know a lot of people that have been sitting for month's trying to sell their homes. See everyone in 3 days.

Nothing like hog roast, been to plenty of em. I vote for the hog. However what is easiest for you is fine by me....

Sat
Aug 19 Partly Cloudy
87°/68° 20%
20 %

Latest weather outlook - Let's hope they are right.

I just lassoed a couple of friends from Charlottesville into joining us this weekend. They'll be arriving Friday evening sometime. Either pitching a tent or staying in a nearby hotel/motel.

Erick...PM sent.

Dennis...just wanted to give you a heads up that two more were coming.

This is going to be a blast. :thumbs: :thumbs:

This should be a lot of fun.
I'm looking forward to putting faces with the names and seeing the C'ville crew again. :thumbs:

I just lassoed a couple of friends from Charlottesville into joining us this weekend. They'll be arriving Friday evening sometime. Either pitching a tent or staying in a nearby hotel/motel.

Erick...PM sent.

Dennis...just wanted to give you a heads up that two more were coming.

This is going to be a blast. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hell yea, thats good with me. There is pleanty of room.

Going out today to buy a tent.... either that or bring my old one. I might just do that... Can't wait to ge there..

Current forecast:

Friday: Partly sunny; 86-63

Saturday: 30% chance of thunderstorms :( ; 84-65

Broke the ole tent tonight, looks like it is gonna work. Figured I would set it up sober, cause i always get the wise ass idea that i need at least 5-6 drinks before i need to set up a tent in the dark. Nothin worse. The rain fly is still in good shape. So I am ready for the elements. Going against my camping ways, I broke down and bought an air mattress.. Oh well, look forward to meeting all you...

Well, I've landed in WV and the weather is fine! The river and the "campground" look great! The bro and I are on his back deck smoking a coupla Opus right now.

This is gonna be a sweet time... Can't wait to see everyone. :)