• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Sauce, who makes the best retail sauce?

Easto

Not being much of a chef I usually buy my BBQ sauce at the market. I've tried all the major brands. Any "botique" brands out there?

Cowtown BBQ Sauce is an award winning sauce made by Oklahoma Joes BBQ in Kansas City ummmm.

Linky

Sweet Baby Rays is good, but this Bone Sucking Sauce is much better. It's great for slow cooked smoked ribs, on top of pulled barbecue sandwiches, chicken, ect.. :love:

What kind of sauces do you like? There's mustard based, and there's vinegar based. Some are sweet while others are spicy. The choices for sauces are endless.

Edited for grammar

Sweet Baby Ray's :love:

Awesome sauce! We use it on ribs and lots of other meats when camping and smoking.

Jack Daniels Grilling sauces

I use a few of these on burgers. Pretty good, but I wouldn't use it for smoking.

Bone Sucking Sauce is much better. It's great for slow cooked smoked ribs, on top of pulled barbecue sandwiches, chicken, ect.. :love:

We've used this on some meats before... I found it ok.

They do have good sauce. When I lived in Birmingham, I had BBQ probably three times a week! I was a bigger fan of Full Moon BBQ though myself.

I would agree that Sweet Baby Ray's is one I personally like best out of the list above. Ms. Kayakinboy recently picked up Paula Dean's BBQ Sauce. I think it's a little pricey (she's a Paule Dean fan) but it was very good!

Depends on what's cooking. Sweeet Baby Ray's is great. Stubbs makes some good stuff also.

Sweet Baby Ray's :love:

Awesome sauce! We use it on ribs and lots of other meats when camping and smoking.

Jack Daniels Grilling sauces

I use a few of these on burgers. Pretty good, but I wouldn't use it for smoking.

Bone Sucking Sauce is much better. It's great for slow cooked smoked ribs, on top of pulled barbecue sandwiches, chicken, ect.. :love:

We've used this on some meats before... I found it ok.

They do have good sauce. When I lived in Birmingham, I had BBQ probably three times a week! I was a bigger fan of Full Moon BBQ though myself.

I would agree that Sweet Baby Ray's is one I personally like best out of the list above. Ms. Kayakinboy recently picked up Paula Dean's BBQ Sauce. I think it's a little pricey (she's a Paule Dean fan) but it was very good!

got to hit the original shack in tuscaloosa. Ive heard the B-ham and atlanta stores are nothing like the original.

I like to take equal parts K.C. Masterpiece, Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty a dollop of Famous Dave's Devil's Spit and mix it all together with a couple shots of Jack Daniels.

Sweet Baby Rays is good, but this Bone Sucking Sauce is much better. It's great for slow cooked smoked ribs, on top of pulled barbecue sandwiches, chicken, ect.. :love:

I'll mix these at times. :thumbs:

As someone stated...it depends on what's cookin' and what you want to try!

The cool thing is to TRY different things.

As a 'base' Sweet Baby Ray's is very nice!

These guys are good on the 'mustard' side (for Pulled Pork) - Maurice's.

Edit - here's a BBQ sauce review site.

Dreamland BBQ Sauce
Ingredients
1 can (28 oz.) tomato puree
1/3 cup yellow mustard
3 cups water
1 ½ cups cider vinegar
1/4 dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder

In large saucepan, whisk together the tomato puree and mustard until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm.

A few of us from my alumni website have tried this. It's very close but not quite it. Substitute coke for the 3 cups of water and its much closer. Let it sit in the fridge for 2-3 days. This recipe makes about 4-5 quarts.