• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

BBQ Sauce, who makes the best retail sauce?

DRY RUB
-----------
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

After that vary for your taste

1 tsp ground ginger
1Tsp coarse black pepper
1Tsp red pepper

Sweet Baby Ray's is an excellent all around sauce.

When making pulled pork I simply love Red's which is a vinegar flavored sauce. Never have been able to find it on the web, I get my parents to send it up from Florida.

I have tried Sweet Baby Rays but was not too impressed. It was good, but not that good. It looks like there are a few new ideas here that I'm going to have to research :)

I like SBR also, But I use "Sticky Fingers " Any flavor is good as they all are tasty, but my favorite is the "Carolina Classic" it is the schiznit! :thumbs:

Sweet Baby Ray's is a for GP's. It's a premium smoke to put it into context. Sure you can find one sauce that might be better on one thing, but terrible on the other.

Further, if a guy has 40 different kinds of cigars he is well rounded. The same guy with 40 jars of BBQ sauce is a nut.

Stubbs is easy to find and really holds the flavors well on the grill. Or if you've got time use salad dressing to marinate the meat for 24 hours. you'll get super tender highly flavored grilled food. Not to mention the salad dressings give you a lot of easy flavor options.

I'm also a fan of Sweet Baby Ray's. Love the flavor and it's widely available. I hate having to order stuff, and pay the extra for S&H, so it's nice to be able to pick this up at local grocery stores.

Living in KC, I guess I am a little partial........but, I love Gates and K.C. Masterpiece.

Well being raised in the south may be the reason for this one but StickyFingers BBQ Sauce is by far the best I've ever tasted. If you can find it anywhere get it! If not and your willing to order some see if you can find it online, I guarantee you wont be disappointed.

I like to make my own based off of a basic dry rub seasoning but if looking at a store to see what is on the shelf here is where I would go:

Sweet: Montgomery Inn (Cincinnati)

Middle Sweet: Sweet Baby Ray's

More Spicy: Moonlite BarBQ (Owensboro, Ky)

Just my take but I see Sweet Baby Ray's in here often and it looks like you are going to the shelves to find one.

I found some at a local supermarket and I have to say it's very good. I even put on some burgers yesturday.

C&R

Edit due to IDIOT. That would be Sweet Baby Ray's.